218 lb, 12.5 Wks Out from First Show

Ok so i have decided to post pics finally. Please let me know what areas i need to work on, although i feel i need work everywhere. sorry for the crappy pic quality, and i know i need work on posing.

Looks solid,your arms look good, legs are hard to see.
Good luck.

How tall are you? You have about 25-30 pounds to lose before youre in serious contest shape.

Legs need an absolute ton of work. Back needs thickness. And more mass overall would be a big help.

i am 6 ft tall. i hate training legs because i cant go heavy due to previous injuries with sports. plus i dont use straps or belts. i prefer to do it all natural. i know i have a lot of work left. i just get frustrated easily. been dieting hard for 2 months and only lost 8 pounds.

you should start doing AM HIIT cardio. Wake up…coffee, fruit, protein and BCAA’s, then hit the track. You got the size. Like Bonez said you have a lot of weight to lose, I mean you can’t even see your abs. If I were you, I’d go 2x bodyweight in protein, lots of almonds, and fruits & veggies. If that diet and early morning cardio along with a few basic supplements don’t work I’d be surprised. Good luck man

thanks ritz. I keep trying to wake up to do HIIT, but always hit the snooze. i do some after each workout for 20-30 min, and when i was doing it i noticed i was gaining weight. I curently eat over 300 grams of protein a day, under 150 grams of carbs, and under 90 grams of fat a day. plus i know i have a good 10 pounds of water weight that i can lose with potassium and dehydration the last few days before the show.

[quote]ritzgooch23 wrote:
you should start doing AM HIIT cardio. Wake up…coffee, fruit, protein and BCAA’s, then hit the track. You got the size. Like Bonez said you have a lot of weight to lose, I mean you can’t even see your abs. If I were you, I’d go 2x bodyweight in protein, lots of almonds, and fruits & veggies. If that diet and early morning cardio along with a few basic supplements don’t work I’d be surprised. Good luck man[/quote]
Bingo!
Working out is the easy part the push away is the toughest.

so what you recommend for a good HIIT program in the AM? i have to run or workouot in the am on an empty stomach or else ill throw up. but i could do a coffee and fat burner. then eat the fruit and protein after, then breakfast.

you look awesome man. if you cant do heavy leg work, do high rep maybe? try 20 rep squats or two minute leg press (as many as you can do in 2 minutes).

[quote]drmzappas wrote:
so what you recommend for a good HIIT program in the AM? i have to run or workouot in the am on an empty stomach or else ill throw up. but i could do a coffee and fat burner. then eat the fruit and protein after, then breakfast. [/quote]
In the am I do a half scoop of protein in my coffee and sugar free creamer. about 10-15gm and a 1/4 of a banana and a big glass of water. It’s not much but it is something and I eat immediately folling my workouts.
HIIT do a bit of a warm up 5min. foam roll, easy jog some light stretches and do 100 meter sprint 100m recovery( jogging or walking) repeat 8-12 times easy walk/ jog cool down about 5 min. more stretch …done. A track is great if not 30 sec. of sprint and 45sec- 1 min. of recovery. Use telephone poles. Jump rope would work. Cycling would work. It is all about what you want and how fast you want it.

what are your injuries that you had? any work arounds? what are you doing for legs?

i am a past soccer player, goalkeeper to be exact. i have dislocated both knees numerous times, broke my neck, shattered forearm, countless broken fingers and toes, shattered left foot.

for legs i warm up with 3 light sets of double leg extension (3x10-15 at 165), then squats either free or smith machine. if i do free back squats i do 1x15 at 135, 3-4x10 225, 1x8-10 at 255, 1x8 at 275, 1x68 at 295, then 1x5-6 at 315. then go back to doulde leg extension 3-4 sets of 8-10 at 225. then go to single leg squats on smith machine of 4x8-10 at 135 to 185. then leg press of 2 drop sets starting at 8-10 plates per set til i get to 3-4 plates with 10 reps each set. then double leg seated ham curl 5-10 at 150. then stiff leg dead lifts of 3-4x10 at 225-275. then calf raises.

i have my entire training log and diet on this forum that i created.

You look good man, don’t take this the wrong way, but something just seems ‘off’ from a bodybuilding stage perspective. It might just be the legs, as they really don’t compare at all to the rest of your body.

i know i have horrible legs. i train them 2x/week but i just cant get them to grow. I know I know i have to squat heavy. I try but i just cant get the weight up, i guess my form is horrible, that, and long legs suck at trying to squat heavy. but thanks. ill take all the criticism in the world. whatever helps benefit me in the long run.

[quote]drmzappas wrote:
thanks ritz. I keep trying to wake up to do HIIT, but always hit the snooze. i do some after each workout for 20-30 min, and when i was doing it i noticed i was gaining weight. I curently eat over 300 grams of protein a day, under 150 grams of carbs, and under 90 grams of fat a day. plus i know i have a good 10 pounds of water weight that i can lose with potassium and dehydration the last few days before the show. [/quote]

You were gaining weight from doing HIIT?