2160 Raw Total

By one Sergej Moser, 308. 804/551/793. Nearly had an 800+ deadlift on his third attempt.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/10020

Good physique too.

Fuck me thats good lifting!
Am I seeing things or is he using a hook grip (left hand) as well as over/under on the Deadlift?

I’m pretty sure 804+551+793= 2148… Where does the 2160 total come from then? Not trying to take anything awayfrom the guy, it’s still incredible, I’m just confused about the numbers not adding up.

Raw??? A belt, knee and elbow sleeves? Gear whore. :wink:

Strong lifts. Looks like he left a little on the platform on his Squats. He’s a beast.

think he will rival bolton on the dead soon?

That was rediculously impressive… his squats and bench looked like he could have just kept adding weight and pushing it up. That guys an animal.

[quote]bignate wrote:
think he will rival bolton on the dead soon?[/quote]

No.

Why is it that any time anyone pulls a decently large conventional deadlift they’re Bolton’s rival?

How long have we been hearing that about Konsti and Benni… both well over 900 pullers, and now this guy who’s barely cracked 800.

He might rival EVERYONE if he gets into multiply gear and spends time learning it tho.

this is awesome! Wish they would have more raw comps like this!

[quote]Bloobird wrote:
I’m pretty sure 804+551+793= 2148… Where does the 2160 total come from then? Not trying to take anything awayfrom the guy, it’s still incredible, I’m just confused about the numbers not adding up.[/quote]

Those numbers don’t add up exactly to 2160, nor actually do the kg values total out exactly to 2148 lb:

365 kg + +250 kg + 360 kg = 975 kg

1 kg = 2.2046 lb

975 kg x (2.2046 lb / 1 kg) = 2149.5 lb

My guess is they rounded to 2150 lb and then suffered a typo, giving 2160.

Great lifting.

Is it just me or does anyone else find the comments on powerliftingwatch.com extremely irritating?

[quote]power_bulker wrote:
Great lifting.

Is it just me or does anyone else find the comments on powerliftingwatch.com extremely irritating?

[/quote]

Its not just you.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

He might rival EVERYONE if he gets into multiply gear and spends time learning it tho.[/quote]

Quite unlikely since he’s banned from the WPC in Germany and I think he’s fed up with PL under any federation rules so he’s turning to strongman. His last competition in multiply was in 2006 with a 2520 lbs total BMS-Cup.

As a side note, I was at that meet and totaled sucky 635 Kg (1397 lbs) although I was prepared for at least 685 Kg. Thats the price you pay if you bomb twice in the squat.

[quote]eisenaffe wrote:
Hanley wrote:

He might rival EVERYONE if he gets into multiply gear and spends time learning it tho.

Quite unlikely since he’s banned from the WPC in Germany and I think he’s fed up with PL under any federation rules so he’s turning to strongman. His last competition in multiply was in 2006 with a 2520 lbs total BMS-Cup.

As a side note, I was at that meet and totaled sucky 635 Kg (1397 lbs) although I was prepared for at least 685 Kg. Thats the price you pay if you bomb twice in the squat.
[/quote]

Why’s he banned??

I assume the German WPC’s affliated with it’s international namesake?

He was banned because he refused to kiss some asses of high ranking WPC officials.

Keep in mind that the following story is second hand.

Moser participated at the WPC meet in may this year and got some calls on the squat which he didn’t like. He actually bombed out from this meet because of those calls. So he was pissed that his whole preparation was in vain and all the money he spent e.t.c.
He then made some statements in an internet forum along the lines of “how can a judge with no acomplishmets in this federation (WPC) make such bullshit calls? how can the WPC let somebody like this individual be a judge” and so on and so forth.

Some hig ranking officials were alarmed about this statements and asked him (mind we’re still in the very same internet forum) to apologize for the defamation of the judge and the federation.
As he saw this he wrote something along the lines of “what?!! fuck you!”.
As a consequence he got banned over an internet forum from the WPC.

Pretty ridiculous, huh?!

PS This is the infamous thread, if someone is interested.
WPC European Cup Ergebnisse