213 to 180 Cut Success Story

with the back double bi, this right?

Nice work. How much total time did the cut take?

6 months

Good cut!

(I have nothing useful to add, just wanted to give the prop)

[quote]TheBlade wrote:
[/quote]

Better than the previous.

Tuck your thumbs into the fist when posing arms, level your arms so there parallel on the back double bi(invision the sunset coming over a flat horizon…the sun being your bicep and horizon your straight parallel arm), head straight ahead, and curl your wrists/hands inward a bit to get a little forearm flex. Just look at any Arnold pose for guidance. Practice makes perfect.
Can you tell i was the son of a competitive BB who constantly was posing?

Your hard work shows

Jack Squat

Nice job,

I’m looking at cutting to but after about 2 weeks I am still at the same weight, although do look slighty better. Even after adding fasted cardio 2-3 times a week the weight doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. I dropped all carbs and had no energy for workouts and lifts went down heaps so I added some back in pre workout and seem to doing ok.

Don’t really want to have to cut for 6months haha. Do you mind posting your diet on a typical day. How often were you carbing up? This shit seems so easy but I don’t seem to be getting anywhere :confused:

[quote]Jack Squat wrote:
TheBlade wrote:

Better than the previous.

Tuck your thumbs into the fist when posing arms, level your arms so there parallel on the back double bi(invision the sunset coming over a flat horizon…the sun being your bicep and horizon your straight parallel arm), head straight ahead, and curl your wrists/hands inward a bit to get a little forearm flex. Just look at any Arnold pose for guidance. Practice makes perfect.
Can you tell i was the son of a competitive BB who constantly was posing?

Your hard work shows

Jack Squat[/quote]

good work w/ progress as stu and above guy mentioned…lots of folks lose their bicep peak because of the shitty angle of the arms, rotation to far forward makes the peak disappear, e.g. like a setting sun. additionally as mentioned let your back out, don’t retract it together, unless your posing and plan on doing some ronnie coleman show and tell type of shit. in a still photo flair it out.

Nice job man. I’d definitely consider this a very successful cut. Did you take before and after measurements of your arms, chest…etc? Or did you just go by the mirror and scale during the process?

How’s this? I feel like the lats aren’t showing as well. But my back does look more ripped since officially going off the cut. (still dropped another 3 lbs for two weeks before coming back up to 181 now as I made nutritional and training adjustments (switched to carbs pre-workout and DC training))

hardgr,
Typical diet was different in the beginning and the end.

In the beginning I just had 4-5 meals that were just meat and veggies. Around the workout I had protein, glutamine and BCAAs.

Towards the end my meals were very slim. 2 eggs, 6 egg-whites, some lean ham and some cabbage for breakfast. Lunch would maybe be a serving of nuts and a protein shake. Another meal would be two cans of sardines and sauerkraut. Then one bigger meat+veggie meal (like chicken or steak). And two servings of Metabolic Drive before bed.

Carb up is once a week. Hasn’t changed. Breakfast I have 16 egg whites and berries. I have a workout where I had (at the time, now I do the peri-workout protocol from Thib) Surge during and after, then an hour or so after I have bananas and tuna. That’s it for the carbs and I go back to P+F meals

sam,
Took measurements too. Some samples:
Start: Weight: 213.5 Chest: 44 Right Bicep: 16.5 Waist: 37.625
Lowest point after cut: Weight: 176.7 Chest: 42 Bicep: 15 Waist: 31.125

Not sure how much of the bicep size lost was flab vs. muscle. I did lose a bit of barbell curl strength towards the end, but not too much (maybe a rep or two).

This is great. I just weighed in at 213 yesterday, I’m going to start cutting after I get a little heavier on the bench. However I am one greedy son of a bitch. I want to cut at lest 10% BF off, get me to 8, 7, or 6 % Heres the catch, where you lost some strength near the end I dont want to lose any. So Blade, is there anything you think you could have done to keep more of your strength? Looks like you had a really decent bench before you started cutting. Soon as you have a new 1RM on the bench let me know, real curious to know how much you retained.

good work!

[quote]andrew_live wrote:
This is great. I just weighed in at 213 yesterday, I’m going to start cutting after I get a little heavier on the bench. However I am one greedy son of a bitch. I want to cut at lest 10% BF off, get me to 8, 7, or 6 % Heres the catch, where you lost some strength near the end I dont want to lose any. So Blade, is there anything you think you could have done to keep more of your strength? Looks like you had a really decent bench before you started cutting. Soon as you have a new 1RM on the bench let me know, real curious to know how much you retained.[/quote]

in order to keep the same numbers on your lifts while losing fat you would essentially need to have your muscles get stronger. the fat on your body provides a certain leverage that will increase the numbers on your lifts. as you cut this fat it is natural to see your lifts decrease whether or not your muscles are getting “weaker”.

[quote]TheBlade wrote:

Took measurements too. Some samples:
Start: Weight: 213.5 Chest: 44 Right Bicep: 16.5 Waist: 37.625
Lowest point after cut: Weight: 176.7 Chest: 42 Bicep: 15 Waist: 31.125

Not sure how much of the bicep size lost was flab vs. muscle. I did lose a bit of barbell curl strength towards the end, but not too much (maybe a rep or two).[/quote]

It sounds like mostly flab if you didn’t lose too much bicep (or tricep) strength. Trading an inch of bicep for 6 inches of waist is not a bag deal regardless.

[quote]TheBlade wrote:
How’s this? I feel like the lats aren’t showing as well. [/quote]

Good looking back. If you flare your lats they will show. If you look at your upper back you can see how it is squeezed together…it shouldn’t be. It takes a bit of practice.

hey man what was ur diet during this cut?

When you say no carbs whatsoever, this means you had no carbs at all prior to your workout? I just started a cut phase myself and am following Thibs’s guidelines in his Fat Loss War Room article for routines and only eating carbs before and after my workout (around 60 before and 40 after).

in those 6 months how often (if at all) did you cheat? Was your carb up clean? How much did you carb up?

There it is. Now that’s fucking sexy

tlydi,
I mentioned it earlier in the thread

Core,
Yes. I just had protein, BCAAs and glutamine.

If you look at Thib’s forum the protocol for cutting is to have:
1 Finibar 45 before workout
1 scoop Surge Workout Fuel 30 min before
1 school Surge Recovery 15 min before
20g casein hydrosylate during

I tried this for four weeks after the official end of the cut and ended up losing more weight (181 to 177) while getting stronger.

But I did not use it for most of the cut.

therajraj,
Occasional cheating, which was gradually lowered with time. Cheating’s obviously unplanned, but overall clean (I’d binge on fatty things more than carb things, like lots of ribs vs. a candybar or whatever).

The biggest issue I struggled with was cutting down on alcohol, actually.

Carb up was clean. I had egg whites and berries in the morning, Surge during/after workout and bananas+tuna later. Some days I had yoghurt too.