21 YO Getting Into More Serious Lifting

[quote]slyder2412 wrote:
A body of pure strength from head to toe. Solid strength that can be used for not just one rep but for an hour. [/quote]

still, wtf does that LOOK LIKE?!

i weight 230lbs at 5’10. i continuously finish 20km ruck runs to the air assault standard (full battle rattle, 35lb ruck, weapon) in under 3 hours.

just because you’re bigger than average people doesn’t mean you can’t have endurance.

what about this guy? not only is he strong as fuck, LOOKS strong as fuck, but i bet he can push his body past doing just ‘one rep’

what about this guy? he can push his body for hours. does he look like PURE STRENGTH!?

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
what about this guy? he can push his body for hours. does he look like PURE STRENGTH!?[/quote]

First to answer HolyMacaroni … Navy SEALS are the pinnacle of all around fitness. They can run, swim, push, pull, etc… I myself still train to military standards with my workouts being comparable to SEAL workouts (I’ve trained with SEAL buddies). With that being said it’s not hard to imagine what kind of physique Slyder is looking for. Very low body fat and shredded but not to beefy as the endurance part of the training will ensure. Secondly, pyramids will be your friend in this kind of training. For example a workout I like to do consists of: 10 jumps (jump roping) 1, eight count body builder, two pull ups. Next set, times everything by two. All the way up to 15, eight count body builders then back down to where you started. Obviously this will be to much for you to start with but you will get the feel of it and you will begin to increase the the max of your pyramids eventually. If you want to send me a message with your email I can send you a workout guide with plenty of workouts and exercises. Also, you should look into Crossfit.

[quote]Nymphetamine wrote:

First to answer HolyMacaroni … Navy SEALS are the pinnacle of all around fitness. They can run, swim, push, pull, etc… I myself still train to military standards with my workouts being comparable to SEAL workouts (I’ve trained with SEAL buddies). With that being said it’s not hard to imagine what kind of physique Slyder is looking for.
[/quote]

i have met people from all accross the board in the special ops community (seal, sf, pj) and i was never really amazed at any of their physiques. in fact i would say you physically are more impressive than the majority of them.

with that being said, if he plans on ‘looking’ like that (as he DID post in RMP) he’d achieve results MUCH faster by using weights and manipulating his diet than he ever would by doing tortuous PT sessions.

and my point still stands, i never felt like members of the spec ops community had phsiques that i felt resembled ‘pure strength’

THANK YOU Nymphetamine for being the only soul who cared to help me out!! I remember doing that pyramid regiment during football and wrestling and it surely was ballbusting. I’ll definitely incorporate them. When you’re doing such a scheme, what’s your pre workout - post workout like? I’d think A LOT of carbs, but what do you believe gives you the real energy to push oneself?

Question. Rate this type of routine please.

1 Heavy upper body day
1 Heavy lower body day
1 HIIT day with varies other cardio
1 Punching bag/pyramid type endurance workout

Would this type of training allow my max lifts to go up(increased strength) AND BF loss/endurance increase? I can add 1-2 more days of exercise if it would be optimal, but i would like one day at least to be at ease, maybe do some light isometrics/ab work on such a day. Thank you again Nymphetamine and anyone else who can give me a hand, no homo.

That schedule dosen’t look bad at all. I actually did something similiar. I was doing the 5x5 program and doing the pyramid work twice a week and I was in the best shape of my life. I was strong, jacked and my cardio was pretty damn good as well. Bottom line is you have to experiment a bit and just push yourself everytime. Shoot me a message with your email and I can send you that guide I was telling you about.

need chest, legs, abs, lower back

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
what about this guy? he can push his body for hours. does he look like PURE STRENGTH!?[/quote]

you made some really good points I enjoyed reading the debate between you and nymphetamine was real interesting. I feel the mind plays a lot in just how far one can go and it can hold some back

You look like Sam from the Lord of the Rings movies.

Nice alphabet magnets, btw. And undies.

Sorry, I’m not in a very helpful mood at the moment.