21 Years Old on Test Gel

Just to give a quick information about myself.
I’m a 21 years old guy, lift since 2013. Been competing in the last 2 years in powerlifting. Weigh around 209lbs at 18-20% bodyfat.
In the last year i have been having some sexual problems and decrease in mood.
I started to notice that i have been not putting on strength gains lately. Which affect my sports just as it affects my sexual life.
I have done a test and got this results. ( see picture below ) my family doctor recommended that i get a testosterone gel 125mg to use every morning.
Now he told me to see an Endo too, because of my high prolactin levels

. I want to give the Gel a shot for a month and see how i will be feeling and how will my next blood test will be.
What do you guys think? Should i take pct after 1 month of using Gel? My appointment at the Endo is on Wednesday 20th of June.
I will start taking the Gel tommorow, as i said it contains 125mg of Test for a pack.
If each pack contains 125mg of Test, that means around 875mg a week. Isnt that actually alot? Or it gel are different from injections?

Any recommendations?

SHBG is really low, hypothyroidism is one explanation, another is diabetes (inflammation) and or just genetics. Young men your age should be near the top of the reference ranges, not the bottom. High prolactin can cause sexual dysfunction and lower testosterone, but that wouldn’t explain low SHBG which is made in the liver.

You thyroid labs are inadequate, Free T3 is the only active thyroid hormone and it’s not tested. Cutting corners has consequences, most people get minimal thyroid labs and decades later find out they have been living with hypothyroidism. You can check thyroid status by checking oral body temperatures waking (97.8) and in the afternoon (98.6), if low it could indicate iodine deficiency and even hypothyroidism.

Many guys come here who are on gels wondering why their levels are continuing to drop even as their doctors continue increasing the dosage. Most men don’t absorb gels well and those that do only works for awhile, most men stop absorbing gels and eventually end up on injections.

Avoid Nedibo like the plague, sustanon or even better test ethanate should be your number one choice. You would need to inject test ethanate (6-10mg) every day do to lower SHBG.

1 Like

First of all i want to thank you for such an amazing full of information comment.
I decided not to use the Test gel and even think to give it back.
Funny thing my doctor actually said that i should not test positive in drug tests as it’s pure testosterone and nothing else… funny thing eh? I want to wait untill i get to meet my Endo on Wednesday maybe Cabergoline can lower my Prolactin and fix the problem. Or would’t it ? What do you think?
I am actually thinking of returning the gel to the pharmacy tommorow. I still don’t believe it was a wise idea.

Smart Endo would order pituitary mri

1 Like

You’re welcome,

You need to understand getting properly treated for hypogonadism outside the US is extremely difficult, most doctors are useless as they have no training at all on how to properly design a protocol to match your blood biomarkers.

This is why gels are scripted first, because it eliminates the need for skilled doctors since there seems to be a shortage in relation to hormones. So doctors, endo’s start a patient out on injections after the gels fail and have no training at all and the patient finds his way here realizing his/her own doctor is unable to help figure things out.

Most here in the US must pay out of pocket to receive a modern TRT protocol tailored to our biomarkers.

1 Like

Unless you are being tested by USADA or WADA, your doctor is correct.

Does your powerlifting federation test for PEDs?

1 Like

Well i’m actually studying in Germany at the moment. I’m still in shock that my family doctor ( today was the 1st time i visited him in my life) i have moved new to germany. He prescribed me Test gel. i’m afraid to use it honestly. And after reading that i have no idea what to do and what to ask my endo to do.

Actually I compete in the IPF so basically yes. but as far as i have understood if i can get a letter from my doctor and send it to WADA it should not be the problem. but this is not that main thing that is worrying me.

One way a doctor would know you were on TRT is checking LH, which would be show suppression of your HPTA.

1 Like

Perfect thanks! regarding my Test gel 125mg. it would be wiser if i return them to the pharmacy right?

Again i really appreciate your time!

It is very difficult to get a therapeutic exemption for hormones. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of anyone ever getting one for testosterone, not that it is impossible. Looking at your labs, I doubt you would qualify.

Anyone else, potential employer, military, etc., would have to specifically be checking for exogenous testosterone to find it.

1 Like

Hi again, so i did a new blood test.

Those we’re the results. Surprisngly my Prolactin levels went down.
I don’t really know how and why but i’m taking supplements which i will write down now.

Vitamin D3 8000 IU
Super B Complex
Kelp
Zinc
Magnesium
Calcium
Vitamin E

I don’t know if they are related to this.
Anyways i just got the results with a phone back from the doctor or anything.

What do you guys think? Anything i should be worrying about or checking again?

No oral body temperatures, no thyroid labs. Low thyroid function can lower SHBG.