21 Year Old Natural Bodybuilder

hey guys. I’m currently trying to make a name for myself in the fitness industry and gain some exposure and a following. I have recently started a facebook fan page where i post progress pics, random training thoughts/tips, motivational quotes, etc.

if you want to support or follow along please like the page! any like I get brings me one step closer in reaching my goals so I appreciate any support i can get. here is the link to my page

I don’t want to ask this all from you without giving anything back, so ask any questions here related to training/diet/bodybuilding and i’ll do my best to answer. basically like a Q&A thread. so any questions you have, feel free to ask!

thanks for taking the time to read through all this guys.

here’s some pics.

Checked the pics on your FB page. Very impressive! Best of luck to you brother.

S

your rear delts terrify me.

i will give your facebook a wee like next time im on!

You have a great future ahead, kid!

the 3rd link pic, reminds me of Soda Popinski lol nice…

I’m glad I stumbled across this, Corbin :slight_smile:

This guy trains at my gym, and he is a crazy hard worker. Definitely makes me look bad if we’re training at the same time haha.

Keep up the good work, bud! I’ll make sure to check out the FB page.

Very, very impressive, especially considering you’re only 21. Any chance you can give us some insight into your diet/training/etc that got you here?

You already know people are gonna ask this.

How do you train?

I’m not usually a fan of people self promoting like this, but hot DAMN that is a good physique (no homo) especially for a natural lifter. I, for one, would love to hear your opinions on training and nutrition.

[quote]anonanon wrote:
I’m not usually a fan of people self promoting like this, but hot DAMN that is a good physique (no homo) especially for a natural lifter. I, for one, would love to hear your opinions on training and nutrition.[/quote]

Same here, but what helps is he was upfront about it, rather than trying to be a smug know-it-all or hide it behind some futile attempt

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]anonanon wrote:
I’m not usually a fan of people self promoting like this, but hot DAMN that is a good physique (no homo) especially for a natural lifter. I, for one, would love to hear your opinions on training and nutrition.[/quote]

Same here, but what helps is he was upfront about it, rather than trying to be a smug know-it-all or hide it behind some futile attempt[/quote]
I agree. Honesty goes a long way. Beats spamming the board with “motivational videos” of 450 lb deadlifts and ab flexing.

Very nice job Corbin, especially for your age.

While I certainly appreciate the straightforward nature of your post, I’d be more inclined to follow your progress or “support” you if you spend some time on this site answering questions and letting me (us) get to know you better.

Otherwise, this is kinda like getting a flyer stuck under my car’s wiper.

I crumple those up without a second thought, usually.

Lets see some back pics, and curious about height/weight.

Good work, and good luck!
You have a very nice physique.

_Mel

first of all, is there a way to multi-quote on these forums? it’s a bit annoying to have 2 tabs open to just copy and paste replies into one message, lol any help is appreciated if possible.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
the 3rd link pic, reminds me of Soda Popinski lol nice…[/quote]

i wish i could rep you for referring to mike tyson’s punchout lol, what a gem

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
I’m glad I stumbled across this, Corbin :slight_smile:

This guy trains at my gym, and he is a crazy hard worker. Definitely makes me look bad if we’re training at the same time haha.

Keep up the good work, bud! I’ll make sure to check out the FB page.[/quote]

wow small world, i’ve been seeing you around everywhere haha. and nah i wouldn’t say that man, you’re the one who makes me look bad when i’m in the corner doing little calf raises and you’re sitting there repping out 4 plates on deads like its nobody’s business lol. your strength is real solid bro keep doing what you’re doing. thanks for the kind words though man, much appreciated!

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:
Very, very impressive, especially considering you’re only 21. Any chance you can give us some insight into your diet/training/etc that got you here?[/quote]

thanks man. training wise i don’t do anything too out of the ordinary, i’ve recently switched it up to a more modified/advanced 5 day split to address my weak points, but for the great majority of my time lifting i have done this basic split

chest
back
off
shoulders
arms
legs
off

i occasionally switched up the rotation.

i’ve always been a fan of medium reps in the 8-12 range. i start off my workouts doing a compound movement for whatever bodypart i’m doing that day, then as the workout goes on i’ll do more isolation type exercises. for my heaviest set on the compound movement i might go down to like 5-6 reps, but pretty much everything else i stay in the 8-12 range. one thing i always do on chest days is making sure i start out with an incline bench, either barbell or dumbbell. i really feel that did wonders to my chest and really helped with thickness up top giving me a more complete, rounded chest. i don’t think i’ll ever start out with something other than incline, before i started doing that i lacked a lot of thickness up top.

up until this year, i’ve never really followed a specific diet in the offseason. there was certain stuff i always made sure to do (1 scoop protein morning, 2 scoops pwo, 1 scoop casein at night, keep a mental note of how many calories i was getting that day and made sure it was at least 3000+, keep a mental note of protein intake and made sure i was getting at least 1 g/lb of protein), but i never tracked them down to an exact t.

when i’m cutting for a contest though, completely strict and different. i track all of my calories daily and make sure i hit the same exact number of calories, protein, carbs, and fat daily. it switches a little bit time to time, but usually my macros are about 35% protein, 50% carbs, and 15% fat. doesn’t necessarily matter what time i eat (except for pre and post workout) as long i hit all of my macros.

[quote]Ethan7X wrote:
You already know people are gonna ask this.

How do you train?[/quote]

answered above brah.

quote]anonanon wrote:

thanks dude! answered above.

[quote]anonym wrote:
While I certainly appreciate the straightforward nature of your post, I’d be more inclined to follow your progress or “support” you if you spend some time on this site answering questions and letting me (us) get to know you better.

Otherwise, this is kinda like getting a flyer stuck under my car’s wiper.

I crumple those up without a second thought, usually.[/quote]

good call, I agree completely. that’s actually what I planned on doing all along in regards to like a Q&A thread, but i was in a rush last night when i made this and totally forgot to include that part. edited my original post though with it, so feel free to ask away.

[quote]EmarosaZ89 wrote:
Lets see some back pics, and curious about height/weight.[/quote]

i’m about 5’10". i’ve gotten up to 210-215 at my heaviest, and was down at my lowest in the upper 160’s in the last contest i competed in over the summer. i’m currently sitting in the lower 180’s, little over 3 months post contest.

my back isn’t terrible by any means but i will admit it is probably my weakest point and i could definitely stand to bring it up a lot, that and legs. here are a couple pics taken over the summer.

Ha, yeah the qouting system on here sucks.

I was wondering since you’re 21 if you would know what I was talking about.

Is your training methodology (i.e. training split style 5 days a week) something you’ve just always been doing or have you noticed you make the most gains training that way, as opposed to say training less frequently and with less detailed splits (e.g upper/lower)?

In other words, what happens when you change up your training (be it exogenous circumstances beyond your control or trying a new style/program of training). This is assuming you’ve actually modified your routine before but even if you haven’t what would you expect hypothetically speaking?

Looking good man, best of luck :slight_smile:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Is your training methodology (i.e. training split style 5 days a week) something you’ve just always been doing or have you noticed you make the most gains training that way, as opposed to say training less frequently and with less detailed splits (e.g upper/lower)?

In other words, what happens when you change up your training (be it exogenous circumstances beyond your control or trying a new style/program of training). This is assuming you’ve actually modified your routine before but even if you haven’t what would you expect hypothetically speaking?[/quote]

a little bit of both, I’ll explain.

I’ve been living the bodybuilding lifestyle for about 4 years now (bodybuilding style splits, eating effectively), i started my senior year in highschool. for a couple years before that though, i took a weights class at my highschool that met a few times a week. all we did was olympic style lifting, basically just squatting one day, bench another, and hang clean/power clean the last. no type of isolation exercises or anything else. i got decent starting strength, went from a 135 bench to 205-220 in a couple years, but physique wise i practically looked the exact same as i did 2 years ago. my chest may have gotten a tad bigger but that was it.

since i started training on my own my senior year, i’ve always done a basic 5 day bodybuilding split, and that’s where i’ve made all of my gains. so it’s a little hard to say, even though i made all of my gains in the past 4 years, i’ve been eating effectively the whole time where i never really made an effort in highschool. still tho looking back. i do remember eating a hefty amount back then, i just didn’t keep track of anything. with that being said, I really do believe that doing a basic bodybuilding split for so long has greatly helped in achieving the proportions I have. i know overall shape and insertions is obviously all genetic, but a compliment i’ve received a lot over the years is how proportional I am and that I don’t really have any noticeably lagging body parts. I do attribute that to equally hitting each body part the same number of times for so long, as opposed to doing like legs/back a few times every 2 weeks and arms only once, like some power routines do.

Cool of you to respond to everything, and so thoroughly! Must of been raised right. Idk what anyone else thinks but I’d appreciate a “classic physique” or at least an “all natural” forum or something on this site, I feel like you got the right idea trying to approach frank zane and dudes of that ilk, I don’t wholly fit into any of the forums on this site, so I kind of hop around, but I wanna say I appreciate what your doing! (Did I just use the term ilk)

Anyways, glad you posted the back pics, you already know.
I feel like you bring up the lats hams and calves and your gonna be a force in fitness, you got a great look. Your a pair of wings away from being that “true thick”.

I’m about to turn 23 next weekend, and I really feel like I didn’t learn how to train right, at least for myself, until about 3 months ago. The way I see it I got at least another year or so of using the big 3 and focusing on compound movements to thicken up before I can “graduate” to split routines and sculpt it all out. That being said, I am impressed by how full your chest has gotten and your overall proportion using split routines like you do, especially being natural. Just curious, you mentioned that that dude at your gym puts you to shame on deads. Do you ever do deadlifts? Or sldl/romanian for your hams?