21 Year Old Baseline Bloodwork

Hello All,
First time posting here and may one day end up using PED’s in the future so I got a basic hormone panel done as a baseline.
21 years old 5’8 182 lb roughly 17% bodyfat, been training for about 7 years, training hard for around 3.

Total T- 822 ng/dl
Free T-123 pg/ml
DHEA Sulfate- 623 mcg/dl HIGH
Estradiol- 37 pg/ml
PSA- .7 ng/dl
Insulin- 6 uIU/ml

Everything appears to be in range with the exception of DHEA. Is this something I should be concerned about and if so, how should I go about fixing it? I was also wondering if a Estradiol level of 37 be a indicator that I should not use high aromatizing compounds i.e. dianabol in the future? Because even though my level is not out of range, it is on the higher end (Would’ve been marked high at 39). Also any other recommendations or information I should know going forward would be greatly appreciated.

Please post lab ranges next to your results

Total T- 822 ng/dl (250-1150 ng/dl)
Free T-123 pg/ml (35-155 pg/ml)
DHEA Sulfate- 623 mcg/dl HIGH (24-537 mcg/dl)
Estradiol- 37 pg/ml (< or = 39 pg/ml)
PSA- .7 ng/dl (< or = 4 ng/dl)
Insulin- 6 uIU/ml (< or = 19.6 uIU/ml)

Elevated DHEA/DHEAS levels can cause signs or symptoms of hyperandrogenism in women. Men are usually asymptomatic, but through peripheral conversion of androgens to estrogens can occasionally experience mild estrogen excess. Most mild-to-moderate elevations in DHEAS levels are idiopathic. However, pronounced elevations of DHEA/DHEAS may be indicative of androgen-producing adrenal tumors. In small children, congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) due to 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiency is associated with excessive DHEA/DHEAS production. Lesser elevations may be observed in 21-hydroxylase deficiency (the most common form of CAH) and 11 beta-hydroxylase deficiency. By contrast, steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (STAR) or 17 alpha-hydroxylase deficiency is characterized by low DHEA/DHEAS levels.

Congratulations. Keep doing what you are doing.

I wouldn’t jump on any gear yet knowing you’re above mid range. Looks like you’re doing well and with some discipline you should be able to make good gains without any gear. I was able to maintain a (fat) 265 at about 25% BF at 330 ng/dl total test. Yea I was fat but I still had a lot of lean tissue as well.

2 Likes

I could maintain 230 lbs at around 25% body fat at sub 400 TT at 5’10". I would just lose muscle quickly if I tried to cut. TRT has made holding muscle at lower bodyfat a lot easier. For me that has been the main difference (I am sure I’ve gained some lean muscle too).

1 Like

Yea I suppose the info I gave isn’t a great indicator necessarily, but I wonder what it would be like to have that much TT naturally

At one point I read some research by Brad Shoenfeld (misspelled likely), that said in natural lifters that each 100 ng/dL increase corresponded to about a lb of lean muscle (could have been a kilo, it has been a while, but I think it was about a lb). So the two guys with identical genetics, but one has consistent levels of 900 ng/dL, and the other has 300 ng/dL, the 900 ng/dL guy has about 6 lbs more muscle.

IIRC, these were natural lifters (not just general population), so it would have to be a huge sample size to really tease out differences in training, training time, etc. Not sure if that was done or not.