21 Y/O, 155lbs, 5’11, Training 2 Years. What to Focus On?

Why would I do that?

2 Likes

Fwiw the last few pictures I’ve posted have been with no pump. Especially those back porch 7am check in photos :joy:

Granted I don’t change much from pumped to non pumped in pictures. Real life is a bit different though.

A lot of my photos on here are ‘not pumped’. I don’t like how I look pumped after a gym session, I tend to lose definition and just look puffier. Especially leg shots, I’ll almost never share leg pictures after squatting. I don’t actually see any reason to think that this guy would look much different at all, whether this is before or after a gym session. I bet if he put a size L shirt on it would dwarf him, and he wouldn’t even look like he lifted weights. He’s not a big dude, by any means.

What I DO think is true is that a whoooooole lot of people don’t realize how much fat they’re carrying, and how much that weighs. I also think that it doesn’t take a whole lot of muscle to look pretty damn good when you really lean out.

All you have to do is look at really good natural bodybuilders on stage to see how ‘big’ you can look at a relatively low bodyweight. We’ve had some badasses come through this site who are 5’10+ stepping on stage at like 150 and looking amazing.

3 Likes

It’s weird you mention legs and looking worse with a pump. I’m the same way and I think most are the opposite. I lose all definition and separations between the different muscles of the quad when pumped.

Fully concur. The 1-2 punch here is that these people are overfat AND confuse the fat as muscle when it comes to “size” such that, when they finally cut down, they discover they were both overfat AND undermuscled.

And then, of course, they just decide they lost “a ton of muscle” in cutting. How did you BUILD a ton of muscle in the first place?

2 Likes

Who wants an update on things

A quad pump always made my thigh look smooth. On Contest week my last leg day was Monday and usually rather light and more about contraction control than power. The rest of the week my leg training was restricted to only flexing my legs on all of my poses. The “inflammation” would look progressively better as the week went on. I felt it help me peak best for the show

3 Likes

you better be demigod, 11 months later.

let’s see it!

Here for it

Unfortunately I ended up breaking my collarbone in a dirt bike crash 7/1/22 and lost a good amount of muscle. I started working out again once I was cleared from my surgeon which was 9/11/22. Here are some photos

The first pic was the same day I got injured and the second one was just the other day and the third pic was 9/11/22. All those pics weren’t with a pump. I’m about 148lbs right now. Give me a couple more months and then I’ll get to the last physique I had and then some.

I will give you 6 weeks, how about that? I am 1 day ahead of you

2 Likes

3 months later

Good job dude

1 Like

Thank you man I appreciate. I actually ended up taking a year off from the gym before I broke my collarbone. Last November I lost my drive for the gym and just stopped completely. After the accident it made me want to get back into it and after seeing some good progress after just three months, I’m excited to see what’s to come