20KG Cement Bag and a Core of Steel

I have a bag of cement weighing 20KG(45lbs).
I need plenty of core exercises for this. Do you have any I might not know of?
Thanks! :smiley:

Right now I am doing standing core twists with the bag. Will now also begin doing crunches.
Anything else?

I have two 45lbs bags of cement.

Staggered carrying?
One bag on one shoulder, walk for 50 steps and come back again. Alternate shoulders between sets. It’ll work your “side”(? don’t remember the name, sorry) core.

There’s always the overhead carry, but it’s better with a wide diameter PCV tubing, 3/4 full with water…

[quote]Thorpughet wrote:
Staggered carrying?
One bag on one shoulder, walk for 50 steps and come back again. Alternate shoulders between sets. It’ll work your “side”(? don’t remember the name, sorry) core.

There’s always the overhead carry, but it’s better with a wide diameter PCV tubing, 3/4 full with water…[/quote]

Nice, and i’ll do that up the stairs! :stuck_out_tongue:

Now here’s a stupid question: What kind of bag holds 45 lb of cement?
Like, here, you buy cement in paper bags (which isn’t all that great for training pruposes).
I thought about buying a sandsack, but they’re quite expensive…

What do you guys use?

If you are after cheap/homemade conditioning ideas then this is a great website, Check out his training videos they are pretty impresive

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles.html

[quote]silkyhorse wrote:
I have two 45lbs bags of cement.[/quote]

i have three

[quote]FirestormWarrior wrote:
Now here’s a stupid question: What kind of bag holds 45 lb of cement?
Like, here, you buy cement in paper bags (which isn’t all that great for training pruposes).
I thought about buying a sandsack, but they’re quite expensive…

What do you guys use?[/quote]

I actually have just one 80 pound bag and i just duct taped it. Sturdy and not gonna burst onto my floor.

get a army duffle bag, zip lock sandwich bags and gallon freezer bags and duct tape. Then go to home depot and buy some bags of sand. There like 5 bucks for 30pds. fill the sandwich bags duct tape then put 2 or three in the freezer bags and ducct tape. Then throw all of them in a duffle. perfect.

The small bag I have is perfect for running up and down the stairs with.
I’ll keep doing that, and i asked for exercises, not bags. I have two already.

[quote]im kenny wrote:

[quote]silkyhorse wrote:

i have three[/quote]

I ate one and now I have a core as hard as concrete.

[quote]Cheeky_Kea wrote:

[quote]im kenny wrote:

[quote]silkyhorse wrote:

i have three[/quote]

I ate one and now I have a core as hard as concrete.
[/quote]
At least you have a cute Avatar.

[quote]blackngrey609 wrote:
get a army duffle bag, zip lock sandwich bags and gallon freezer bags and duct tape. Then go to home depot and buy some bags of sand. There like 5 bucks for 30pds. fill the sandwich bags duct tape then put 2 or three in the freezer bags and ducct tape. Then throw all of them in a duffle. perfect.[/quote]

Won’t the zip fastening on the duffle bags breaks? Just asking…

[quote]FirestormWarrior wrote:

[quote]blackngrey609 wrote:
get a army duffle bag, zip lock sandwich bags and gallon freezer bags and duct tape. Then go to home depot and buy some bags of sand. There like 5 bucks for 30pds. fill the sandwich bags duct tape then put 2 or three in the freezer bags and ducct tape. Then throw all of them in a duffle. perfect.[/quote]

Won’t the zip fastening on the duffle bags breaks? Just asking…[/quote]

I mean the green army duffle bags with the eyelits on the top. Though i made a 120pd. sandbag with a canvas zip up duffle and it held great! (It had a real heavy duty zipper)