20g Vs. 25g Needle

Hey,
Just a quick question,Is there a big difference between 20g verses25g needle?
I got some 20g 1"/1.5". The 1" seems alright,the 1.5" looks like a Harpoon.I’m wondering if I should use these,or hunt for 25gauge?

[quote]mounten wrote:
Hey,
Just a quick question,Is there a big difference between 20g verses25g needle?
I got some 20g 1"/1.5". The 1" seems alright,the 1.5" looks like a Harpoon.I’m wondering if I should use these,or hunt for 25gauge?[/quote]

What are you planning to inject and where? It sounds like you could use a little more research

I’d be more inclined to use 20G, one and a half inch for withdrawing. I like to use a 23G, one inch for injecting. I’ve used 25’s and I’ve found that it takes too long to inject. You can use the 20G for injecting though. I’ve done it before. A little more pinch, but no biggie.

20 g hurts more and takes more time to heal!!!25g is good for everything man!

I didn’t mean to sound like a dick in my last post, but rereading it I kind of come off that way.

1 in tend to be used for quads while 1 1/2 in for glutes.

The higher the guage, the smaller the circumference…22 and 23g tend to be for oil based injections such as Testosterone or Equipoise, while 25s tend to be for water based injectables. As Couture Labs Rep responded earlier, using the 20g to draw oil out of the ampule would be a good idea as it can be hard to draw oil out with even a 23g let alone a 25g.

Yes, there really is no reason for the abuse on the tissues using anything bigger (smaller numerically) than 25 gauge, while it’s convenient to draw with a bigger needle.

Bottom line is, syringes with needles aren’t very expensive. I get both 25G 5/8" as well as 23G 1". Drawing with the 25G takes longer, yes… but it’s not like I can’t spare an extra 60 seconds to draw the fluid. It seems like an overly monolithic thought to use one set gauge and length for every fluid/body part.

20g is a garden hose. 25g is like a soda straw, by comparison.

Draw with the bigger needle.

I only shoot with 25’s. I draw with 18’s.