2081 Movie Trailer

I’ll take that as a no, then.

Amazing how football here is a way to let of steam. Of course, not everyone is a hool or forgets his manners once he’s watching his team.

But really, american fans don’t cop out, dozens of fans chanting primitive slogans (which has it’s root in the germanic word for warcry) unisono like: “your parents are siblings” or “asshole, motherfucker, son of a whore” ? (it sounds more impressive with a german rhythmic metre)

Seriously, you have no substitutes, have you?

Oh and the movie looks incredibly cheesy.

looks like an interesting movie however the reality its trying to portray i doubt will ever happen competition is in human nature although it is subdued to a point in certain circumstances I doubt people would let this happen

I never particularly cared for this story.
It was interesting when I saw it staged in high school, but then it only took fifteen minutes to perform.

The story always struck me as heavy-handed and lacking subtlety. But I may watch it to see if it will prove me wrong.

I haven’t read the story yet, but I think putting weights on the ballerinas is comically absurd (probably meant to be). I think if the goal was to make everyone mediocre, the government would do it with medications, like in THX 1138, or Equilibrium.

On the other hand, this movie has that old guy from Braveheart, so I expect he’ll eventually do something totally badass.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
I’ll take that as a no, then.

Amazing how football here is a way to let of steam. Of course, not everyone is a hool or forgets his manners once he’s watching his team.

But really, american fans don’t cop out, dozens of fans chanting primitive slogans (which has it’s root in the germanic word for warcry) unisono like: “your parents are siblings” or “asshole, motherfucker, son of a whore” ? (it sounds more impressive with a german rhythmic metre)
Seriously, you have no substitutes, have you?

Oh and the movie looks incredibly cheesy.[/quote]

The stadium in Philly has jail cells and a court complete with judge on game day.

[quote]
Schwarzfahrer wrote:
dozens of fans chanting primitive slogans (which has it’s root in the germanic word for warcry)[/quote]

I think you mean the Scottish Gaelic word for war cry. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wouldn’t making the strong wear weights, only make them stronger?

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Interesting list.
I’ve yet to see a live football match, Varq.

I’ve nothing against the gracefulness of sport-brutality when it’s apparent for everyone.

Do they yell profanities at everyone (referee, opposing team, opposing fans) like in our stadiums?
This is another big turn off for me.[/quote]

They do in Philadelphia and New York.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Wouldn’t making the strong wear weights, only make them stronger?[/quote]

Absolutely. Xvests for all!

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Wouldn’t making the strong wear weights, only make them stronger?[/quote]

Not if you attach them to their scrotums.

[quote]pookie wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

[/quote]

Isn’t there a sport where men attach them to their penises?

Not a sport. A qi gong exercise.

@varqanir: thanks, I should have checked that, never trust your teachers…

[quote]machiajelly wrote:
pookie wrote:
skaz05 wrote:

Isn’t there a sport where men attach them to their penises? [/quote]

Not that I want to know of, no…