T Nation

2057 The Body

Educational video about what scientists and technology developers have accomplish and plan to have accomplished by 2057

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1537644238897941086

Could have done without all the insurance drama but interesting stuff indeed.

Thanks for posting.

Somewhat interesting but anyone researching microimplants for paralysis is trying to treat a symptom rather than cure the cause. Also, nerve regeneration would cross over between many diseases and injuries.

Didn’t they say we would have flying cars in the 60s?

And the shirt, Image all your information being transfered by satellite. Now Imagine that there is a big business for free TV right now, which steals satellite signals, not only that, but these signals are being decrypted.

No thanks super shirt, no thanks.

Damn I wish I could freeze myself for 50 years just to get a flying car

The Discovery channel has really gone down hill by dramatizing a lot of material. They seem to care less about science now.

It’s a shame that they got rid of “Wild Discovery” and all the nature related documentaries. “Planet Earth” was a godsend for me.

I wonder how long before the IOC develops a test for “flurocarbon blood doping”.

[quote]4est wrote:
The Discovery channel has really gone down hill by dramatizing a lot of material. They seem to care less about science now.[/quote]

Exactly, it probably helps appeal to the masses more. Some new hotshot manager was probably brought in to boost ratings.

Looks like the future is gonna suck.

I’ll be at least 60 by then.

Read the “Coming Singularity” by Ray Kurzweilfor more stuff like this.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Read the “Coming Singularity” by Ray Kurzweil for more stuff like this.[/quote]