2024 Presidential Candidate Talk

1 Like

She’s my governor. She talks a good talk, and definitely knows how to appeal to her fan base, but she’s just like every other politician.

Did she south dakota open?

Is she protecting girl sports?

Or is all that a smoke screen?

curious as my governor of florida walks the talk

Why do you think I put the (kill me) there?

1 Like

State Troopers aren’t fit for the job. They have to wait for a crime to happen. National Guard is a military force designed to keep invaders off from crossing into state territory in the first place. That’s what needs to happen from Texas. He cannot close the federal border, he can close the state border. There are places where Texas does not have jurisdiction on federal land. The point of the Nat. Guard is to keep people off texan soil.
That then forces the Fed to deal with it.
It’s better than letting 2 million people walk over willy nilly.
The border was undeniably way more under control under the previous administrations. You cannot argue that the biden admin absolutely made the border a disaster.

The argument that it’s a difficult situation no one can control is phony. It was under control and getting more and more under control, until biden burned it all down.

She undermined the will of the voters this last election. Went out of her way to find a way to not enact legal recreational MJ when the voters passed it via ballot initiative. A candidate valuing democracy should be an important characteristic IMO, and she does not.

How did she undermine this ballot initiative? What did the ballot say?

What does valuing democracy mean?

The people of SD voted to legalize rec. MJ. The ballot initiative was pretty clear that is what they were voting for.

She brought in a legal team to find any error in the initiative. They found error and she sued to have it overturned.

The will of the people was to legalize. She found a way out of doing that using a technicality.

In this context, respecting what the will (the ballot passed) of the voters is, even if you don’t agree with it.

depends on how you define ‘under control’. The situation certainly wasn’t good under Trump’s administration, either. We can agree, though, that in previous decades it was better, under both Republican and Democrat administrations.

What was on the ballot?

If they found an error, it must not have been as clean as you said. What was the error?

The ballot was to legalize recreational MJ, set up medical MJ program, and legalize hemp sales.

The issue found is that in SD a ballot initiative can only be one item at a time. This also included the medical and hemp, making it technically invalid.

Will of the people ignored by using a technicality.

Did you enjoy doing all that research for me? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This is a pretty dickish response tbh. If there was a ‘dislike’ button, i would use it here

@mnben87 is correct here

1 Like

Nobody’s mentioned this yet, but Kristi Noem isn’t nearly as stunning as Tulsi Gabbard.

I betcha Tulsi would be down to sneak out back and take a few puffs, too.

1 Like

Kristi does have some good lady delts though.

IDK, I find her attractive.

She’s a good looking gal, but this is Tulsi we’re comparing her to. There’s a reason nobody has a Kristi and 2jar Forever tattoo.

2 Likes

While I agree that democracy should be respected, I also do think that the idea of only having one issue per ballot initiative is pretty important and not a technicality. I think it’s a bit hazy whether or not medical marijuana, recreational marijuana, and hemp sales are one issue or multiple, but there is a strong case that they are multiple.

The point is that recreational marijuana use could be legalized on the basis of support from voters that aren’t really for recreational marijuana use, but really want medical marijuana and consider it an acceptable compromise. Of course, that’s the sort of thing that legislatures do as a matter of course and it needs to be stopped there, too. Legislators should be required to vote on every matter of law individually.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself brother.

3 Likes

Could be viewed different ways. The SD supreme court (which is conservative) voted (I believe 4-1) it was multiple things and invalid. It could be viewed as just the legalization of the cannabis plant, in which rec., hemp, and medical are all part of that one thing.

Wilst thou referreth to me?