2021 IFBB New York Pro Results:

Men’s Open Bodybuilding

2021 IFBB Pro League NY Pro Men’s Open Bodybuilding Results:

1. Nick Walker
2. Justin Rodriguez
3. Hassan Mostafa
4. Dorian Haywood
5. Mohammed El Emam

Freak monster Nick Walker dominated this show.

Blessing Awodabu outside of top five (have to wait for scorecard), didn’t even get compared to Nick. Lol.

1 Like

Hard to believe blessing didn’t make it into the top 5 considering all the trash talk going on comparing the winner of that show to blessing lol

1 Like

Some pictures.
Top Four.

Top Two.

1 Like

Scorecard.
Nick with perfect points, blessing 6th.

Wow, lotta beef on that stage,… gotta say, some of those dudes look more complete than some “top” Pros I’ve seen at the Olympia in recent years.

(cue people angry at me -lol)

S

5 Likes

Nick is ridiculous. It just worries me seeing someone carrying that much muscle that young. I don’t want to see another Dallas.

FTR blessing just isn’t that good. He has a good structure but that’s about it. I don’t think there’s as much up side as others seem to think. There’s a comparison on YouTube between his last amateur show years ago and the Indy pro. He took all that time to get ready for being a pro and he looks unquestionably worse than he did as an amateur. The hugely telling thing to me is that his weaknesses got weaker. He might be able to turn it around, but he’s done worse than just waist the last 3 years. Even in his first 2 shows he went from not filled out to eating “16000” calories and loosing what conditioning he had. That isn’t the calculating incremental decision making that leads to a long successful bodybuilding career.

3 Likes

Damn

S

1 Like

Comparisons to Dorian Yates have been made.

He looked biggest and most conditioned it of the top 4.

1 Like

Hard to believe he’s only 26. If he continues improving, I can see him making a name for himself.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely relatively young,… of course already at this level, you can read into that in many different ways.

Hoping he stays healthy and competitive for a good long while.

S

1 Like

Potential is huge for sure. Guy looks great in that picture

1 Like

Meaning “what the hell is he doing?” and “will he survive to see 30”?

1 Like

Yeah, this gets overlooked when we see a relatively young newcomer explode on the scene :confused:

S

10lbs/year !

1 Like

I know I should look at that transformation and be amazed, but I’m having trouble feeling anything but fear for this guy, and seeing that he didn’t start as one of the genetic freaks doesn’t help, haha.

2 Likes

Dude yes! Blew my mind lol I’m so conditioned to seeing these guys when they were “17, only been working out for 3 weeks” and just massive. Kinda refreshing knowing he started from average joe appearance (so it would seem)

2 Likes

I may have communicated my fear badly - for someone who looked like an average joe to get to where he is now at 26 years old would require terrifying doses. He seems like he’s an uncle to two young kids that he’s close with, and at his age he might have kids at some point soon - I just don’t think he’ll make it halfway through his 30s and it’s sad.

Of course, some people apparently are super-responders to gear and all the current pros are on scary doses so maybe I’m just being dramatic. The guy’s a monster. I just hope he lives for a while and doesn’t end up leaving young children without a father/uncle.

4 Likes

I felt the same as you about that point.

1 Like

Nick used to train at my gym on occasion. He was nowhere this big and that was maybe 3-4 years ago. He put on size quick.