2021 Mr Olympia Prediction And Discussion Thread

What’s the deal with Roelly?
Completely out of the picture.

1 Like

Typing whilst watching the live feed of Open BB results. Agreed with the top 5 finalists, and the placings in general. Big Ramy wins again.

I actually thought Curry looked better, increased size, but still kept his aesthetics. Ramy looked good but not as good as last year, not as sharp or as balanced…

Hadi Looked fantastic, improved from last year but I still had him third.

1 Like

Weird Mr. Olympia LLC copyright striked all NSP videos covering the Olympia, even if they didn’t contain footage from the stream. Do they not want free publicity for their contest?

They seem to like enforcing their Intellectual property rights, even if it sometimes works against their promotional interests.
I couldn’t tell you off the top of my head who even owns the Olympia since the Weider’s died.

1 Like

I think it’s Jake Wood, but whoever is getting videos taken down really doesn’t ‘get’ social media.

I think it is just basing from what people see on the big screen livestream… if you look at another clips where I think Dennis James or Ron Harris recorded (can’t remember who) where he sit in the front row next to the judges, they were shredded

He’s just getting older I think. His flow got worse waist got thicker. Roelly got a lot worse too, they’re not their prime anymore and most certainly ain’t getting better.

RESULTS

1. Big Ramy
  2. Brandon Curry
  3. Hadi Choopan
  4. Hunter Labrada
  5. Nick Walker

I can see why Ramy was selected.

But Hadi man…that man had everything.

I love Brandon’s shape, symmetry, structure…just everything. But even my preference for Brandon’s physique can’t deny for me that Hadi was at least 2nd if not the winner actually. And I just mentioned above I don’t necessarily prefer conditioning over the other important criteria.

I need to see some good pics of Hunter to see if he really belonged. I would like to see his pics and Ian’s for example. I like Hunter’s structure WAY more than Nick’s…but Nick’s muscle size is undeniable. He has done everything he possible can it seems to work with what he’s got structurally.

Good Olympia. Happy for Derek and Chris as well. Derek (212’s) not as shredded as Clarida, but then again I’m looking at perhaps bad clicks or pics.

2 Likes

Some people say it’s daddy gift lol.

I do agree he doesn’t belong in top 6. His structure is good, small waist & good symmetry. But he doesn’t have the pretty muscle shape like Brandon or Bonac, and is not one of the biggest guys either like Nick or Ramy. At least, Nick got a freak factor with all those thick muscles, eventhough his waist is so wide.

I agree with all the placings except Hunter should be 6th or 7th
Nick 4th and Bonac 5th

1 Like

Top 5.
I would have chosen Nick over Hunter, but the top three was solid.

Top 10 placings. Weird to not see Roelly there.

1. Mamdouh “Big Ramy” Elssbiay, $400,000
  2. Brandon Curry, $150,000
  3. Hadi Choopan, $100,000
  4. Hunter Labrada, $40,000
  5. Nick Walker, $35,000
  6. William Bonac
  7. Iain Valliere
  8. Justin Rodriguez
  9. Akim Williams
  10. Mohamed Shaaban
1 Like

The top 3 belong in the top 3, hard to decide the winner…all 3 looked fantastic in their own way

IMO Walker and Labrada do not belong in the top 5…I would have chosen Roelly and Hassan

2 Likes

Hadi gets better year after year and I am a big fan of his physique.
I think Brandon was slightly more conditioned but just couldn’t top Ramy’s size.

2 Likes

[quote=“600lb_Gorilla, post:23, topic:275567, full:true”]
Weird Mr. Olympia LLC copyright striked all NSP videos covering the Olympia, even if they didn’t contain footage from the stream. Do they not want free publicity for their contest?

Derek, MPMD’s take on the situation.

[/quote] Absurd Mr. Olympia GREED - YouTube

1 Like

Derek McShoulders has it right; Olympia Productions LLC suck at promoting their own event.

1 Like

Does not make sense

1 Like

The Olympia Final Results Scorecard shows clear consensus among the judges for the first 7 places. The closest race was between 1st and 2nd.

Look at “Judging”: Ramy got 7 points from 5 judges and Brandon got 8 points from 5 judges. The only way those two scores are possible is if Ramy got 3 firsts and 2 seconds; and Brandon got 2 firsts and 3 seconds. That accounts for all the firsts and all the seconds.

Now look at the “Finals”: Ramy got 5 points and Brandon got 11 points. This too had only one possibility. Ramy got 5 firsts; and Brandon got 4 seconds and 1 third.

For third place finish in “Judging”, because there are no more 1st or 2nd place votes left Hadi had to receive all thirds to get a total of 15 from 5 judges. And for the “Finals” Hadi got 14 points which means he received 1 second place vote and 4 thrids.

Now no first, second, or third place votes remain in either “Judging” or “Finals”

In both “Judging” and “Finals” the only way Hunter could get 20 points in both is for him to have received all 4th place votes.

Nick’s “Judging” score is a little confusing. From what must has been true for the first 4 places, means the highest scores remaining are all 5th place votes, yet the score card shows 24 points. But in the “Finals” Nick clearly received 5 fifth place votes.

Bonac could only have received all sixth place votes to have totaled 30 points in both the “Judging” and the “Finals”.

The same holds true for Iain getting all seventh place votes to total 35 points in both.

It seems as though the judges were in total agreement with the results.

My comments are merely empirical analysis of the scorecard, and no reflection of what the results should have been.

2 Likes

Bonac and Walker I feel brought better physiques than Labrada, but it’s such a stinking subjective sport. Makes it hard to see what the judges saw.

Brandon’s front poses had Ramy beat, but back and leg thickness from Ramy was too much to overcome.

1 Like