T Nation

2020 Arnold Canceled

So as the world tries to deal with the Covid-19 spread, my brother in law (who had qualified and planned to compete at the Arnold Expo this weekend) informed me that the entire event has been canceled.

I guess thousands of people traveling from all over to congregate in a giant enclosed space seemed like a dicey endeavor as health officials appear unclear on exactly how to contain this newfound disease.

S

From what I’m reading, at this point it’s just the booths that are cancelled, but general admission tickets can still get you in to watch the athletes compete. But a lot of conflicting information out there right now. Some places have said you need to have a ticket already, some not.

As of late last night what I heard was that athletes can show up and compete but no spectators… I’m sure this is all over the place in terms of what best to do.

S

yea, official word is that spectators ARE allowed, as of what I read about 15 minutes ago lol. I’ve found it in a few places now. Hopefully it stays that way.

‘The 2020 Arnold Sports Festival Expo has been cancelled, but the Arnold Classic competition will go on. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: If spectators already have a ticket they can attend’

The night show on Saturday is also going on as planned, for the BB and Pro Strongman finals.

2 Likes

Just saw this.

S

What is that going to do to the competitors that have been cutting to time their peak condition to occur at this place/time?

They can’t just stay like that for an unlimited amount of time, or just exist in a “4 weeks out” state until the new time and date is established, can they?

1 Like