2020 ADD Challenge

In the hopes of bridging the gap between the T-ransformation challenges, and in an effort to avoid the wheel spinning that often happens between them, several of us last year decided to challenge ourselves and our consistency.

The challenge is simple: make a plan, follow the plan for 4 months. That plan can be as specific or as general as you want, you just need to follow it. The challenge runs from 1st September to the end of the year and is bookmarked by the T-ransformation challenge and the August check in thread, so there’s plenty of opportunity to judge how effective your plan was.

I’ll tag everyone I know to still be active from last years challenge

You can also tag your log with the committed tag, as I’ve done to this thread, to make it easier for people to drop by and offer encouragement and feedback.

@Frank_C @ChickenLittle @loganator @TrainForPain
@simo74 @TX_iron @trimtabber79 @jshaving @Voxel

2 Likes

I am still working on a solid plan that aligns with my goals. Maybe I will have it nailed down by the 1st.

1 Like

I’ll join in. I’ve been very consistent with my diet for a while now which has been my biggest hurdle (my whole life) and I’m currently trying to gain some strength back I lost when I sorted down. So it’ll be perfect timing.

2 Likes

I’m in. I have solid goals I wanna get to and i have a plan.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag. I’ll play along.

Anyone doing anything cool (Meadows or Thibaudeau-related, come to mind)? I kinda like following along like I’ve done with @ChongLordUno and @alex_uk recently.

2 Likes

@ChickenLittle no plans for Secret Satan this year?

@marcb84 awesome, good to have you along man.

@carlbm I’ve already got your competition in my diary man, looking forward to seeing how you go.

@TrainForPain that would be cool, if we could get several people following the same plan. That would really up the motivation factor.

2 Likes

Ughhh I have literally no idea what kind of training I’ll be following after this

Hopefully the performance Meadows program (blend of French conrtast and hypertrophy) will come out, otherwise I’ll probably try again writing my own stuff like before lockdown

1 Like

Since I survived last year… maybe! It did teach me things I wouldn’t have done otherwise. So yeah, I am probably up for that too.

My heart is just breaking today, I will be more focused next week when this over.

2 Likes

For Thibs: Off the top of my head HSS-100 (been trying to find a 4 day version of this), or The new 5x5 maybe (for people that want to train three times per week).

Edit: Pendulum Bodybuilding, should be perfect for anyone with ADD. I’m considering running this myself actually.

2 Likes

I might join. My numbers are pretty much stagnant. Better tempo, arguably, and six kilo lighter than before but… Still grinds my gears.

Not sure I want to log though. I get caught up too much on these boards. Or anywhere really. Easy dopamine hits…

Appreciate the @ though

1 Like

@aldebaran plenty of time to decide on a plan man

@ChickenLittle just make sure you don’t get a sadist picking for you.

@Voxel 6kg lighter is no joke man. For what it’s worth, I appreciate your input on here.

1 Like

You mean like @TrainForPain?

1 Like

Anyone who’s ever heard of Deep Water.

2 Likes

Lol. Uh that would be a no from me. I don’t “want it” that bad. I have real world stuff to do, not dumb enough to paralyze myself for fun.

1 Like

You ok?

2 Likes

Yeah. The boo hoo is in my log, so we won’t clutter up this thread.

2 Likes

I’m in. I’ve got a program I’m super excited to get started and this will be the perfect opportunity to lock it in.

1 Like

Who in their right mind would run that for 4 months…no thank you.

I’ve been doing the BBB Challenge and am currently on month 3. Still thinking of staying on something similar until the end of the year. Something strength focused. Hmm tempting. Could you run say different 531 flavors or is that against the rules? Or just pick one flavor and just run it back for the 4 months.

I’m not the author here, but I’d imagine so long as you plan your work and then work your plan, you’re following the spirit. There’s not many 16-week scripts anyway.

2 Likes

@zeptrey exactly this, make a plan, follow the plan. The plan can be as detailed and complicated or simple as you want it to be. So for my plan, my squat and deadlift days will look like this:

Deadlift: Kroc Deadlift program
Assistance: some

3 Likes