2019 NHL Playoffs

this is honestly the weirdest cluster fuck of a playoffs I’ve seen in a long time. teams blowing 3-0, 3-1 leads and losing game sevens… it’s fucking crazy.

Is this the first time every division/league leader gets knocked out of the first round?

Tampa out
Washington out, defending champions no less
Calgary
Nashville

2 Likes

Barry told the Caps before he left that they could repeat, even if it meant they had to go through the Island. I was more scared of them than anyone else. There is a legitimate path to the cup.

I get that, but hitting the cup finals in the first year is a sign something’s wrong with how they’re doing it. Kind of a slap in the face to all the fan bases of teams grinding away.

2 Likes

yeah they probably overdid it a bit but then hindsight…

when the team was put together everyone thought it was going to be a fucking disaster, that it was a complete shit roster. I remember most people saying that. There were some that looked a little deeper and realized it could actually be a solid team.

so I dunno

1 Like

Yup, the league set up the expansion draft for the Knights to basically hand them a contending roster on a silver platter.

Full disclosure, I’;m a diehard Sharks fan. The 5 minute major could be argued ad nauseum, but the bottom line is when their team faced adversity, they just weren’t up to it. They blew a 3-1 series lead, and had a 3-0 lead in the third period of a game 7. They SHOULD have been able to kill off enough of it to hold a lead, but nope, they just crapped their pants and the Sharks took them to the woodshed.

1 Like

Along these lines, and I know I’m 3 years early for this thread, I’m going to say Seattle wins the cup in 2022.

does it matter to have a 3-0 lead anymore? seems like goals don’t matter now. people coming back after 2, 3 goal deficits like it’s nothing.

I walked into the lunch area today and ripped my bracket off the wall and threw it in the trash. what a disaster. I don’t think I’ve made worse predictions in my life, ever.

what a weird playoffs

@theonecamko @flappinit

Figured I’d post in the right thread, but FUCK YEAH B’s! And thanks to the Isles man, cause I’m sure we’d have lost to Tampa.

Just don’t revive that NBA thread. Let it die quietly, without putting up much of a fight, just like the C’s.

3 Likes

Appreciate it haha. How bout that McAvoy/Anderson hit, you think it was the right call? could have made a big difference at that point in the game I think.

1 Like

I didn’t see it in real time because I was committing acts of masochism watching the C’s so the highlight don’t really show it in full context.

Seemed like a blatant head shot to me though, probably could have gotten hit with a suspension or something, but I don’t think he has much of a history of gooning.

Idk what the rules are regarding shots like that any more, I know they’re doing away/have done away with some of the more physical stuff in recent years.

1 Like

If the sharks lose tonight I may not watch the rest of the playoffs.

Carolina really shit the bed on that one haha

Penguins, Isles (2019 Isles, not last year lol), Bruins. Who could have predicted that, in that order, the Bruins would be the first to hand the canes a loss? Just crazy.

1 Like

The people of New England. :smile:

2 Likes

Gotta say, from start to finish, that was THE most unpredictable playoffs of my lifetime, possibly only because I predicted everything wrong, but all the sweeps and strange losses were baffling. Great final 7 games too. Congrats Blues.

Wild that in back-to-back nights we got two first time champs.

1 Like

Very unpredictable playoffs topped off by the blues winning.

crazy

1 Like

The Bruins have brought shame and disgrace to the City of Champions, home of SIX-TIME Super Bowl winner Tom Brady.

The Bruins’ inability to deliver the results needed by the people of New England will never be forgotten and never be forgiven.

4 Likes

Seriously. Also, shame on the C’s too for spoiling the opportunity to win 4 chips in 1 year.

I’m sure the rest of the sporting nation agrees.

1 Like