2018 NFL Thread

3 interceptions is a lot. Too much. But 3 TDs, 400+ yards and 27 points is enough to put some blame on the defense. Definitely lots of mistakes, but not nearly enough for one game to say his hot streak is over.

I should have said ā€œOverhype trainā€ instead of just vanilla ā€œhypeā€. Heā€™s definitely good, when surrounded by amazing weapons and a great O-line. Iā€™m still calling 9-7 or 10-6 for them. @anon50325502 can call me out 14 weeks from now.

Steelers didnā€™t help themselves with 155yds of penalties (including several really dumb ones).

These new roughing the passer calls are bull, no matter who youā€™re rooting for. Some guy just tore an ACL trying not to put weight on a QB. If they are going to stop allowing tackling where am I gonna get my violence? XFL? Rugby?

2 Likes

Congress. Ba-dum!

1 Like

Off to Lucas Oil stadium this weekend to see my first live game for the yearā€¦ Hope the D steps up because it looks like Lucks arm is already fatigued after 3 games.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah im not a Greenbay fan but ā€¦Clay pretty much got FUCKED on this call

But yet this is considered ok?

2 Likes

Awful calls all three weeks against him but the irony is these new rules are because of his QB.

3 Likes

Is Ryan Tannehill good? I mean, heā€™s been good for three weeksā€¦but is he actually good?! Iā€™m so confused, someone help me, haha!

The stiff-arm has always confused me. If itā€™s okay to break a tackle with a palm strike to the helmet it should also be okay to tackle with a palm strike to the helmet. Sometimes a stiffarm looks more like a head slap thoughā€¦ oh well. I think more people are okay with the stiffarm then they are with the rest of the rules that benefit offense because it has been around since leather helmets. Back when they had to invent passing to lower footballā€™s death toll.

Iā€™m waiting for Aaron Donald/Calile Mack/TJ Watt/JPP etcā€¦ to just two-hand push a quarterback with all their might instead of a tackle. Canā€™t land on em if you push them ass over tincups. Then QBā€™s will start getting whiplash.

1 Like

Iā€™m playing Grant and I need those points. He better not muck this up for me!

Im waiting for them to put Velcro flags on the QBā€™s just like flag Football

2 Likes

Owners gotta protect those High end investments they haveā€¦ugh

1 Like

@anon50325502
Itā€™s Ravens week, pumped to watch the dirty birds and their new receivers. Are we getting elite Flacco this time? He always plays well at Heinz Field.

Vikings/Rams: 31-38ā€¦ did the owners get together this summer and decide they would boost ratings by not playing defense this yearā€¦ all over the league.

1 Like

I donā€™t think the Ravenā€™s can cover Brown to be frank. Smith being an idiot really hurt the Ravenā€™s secondary and I think Mosley is still out; although, the rookie back-up played well last week.

I hope so because I think itā€™s going to a higher scoring game than in years past.

Heā€™s off this year. He isnā€™t running routs as well and is having trouble shaking double coverage. Thatā€™s leaving JuJu and the Tight ends wide open on crossing routes.

I miss the 13-9 games where the QBā€™s were running for their very lives all game. Ward getting his head taken off to catch a first down over the middle. Then he crackback blocks Ed Reed on the very next play. Just brutal.

1 Like

Not in the new NFLā€¦

Do they both make the hall this year (Reed and Ward)?

The Rams had 3 receivers with over 100 yards, and Gurley with 160 total yardsā€¦against a pretty tough Minnesota D. Barring any injuries, a Chiefs-Rams SB is the most likely scenario here.

1 Like

That would probably be a good watch.

Still, holding out hope for that Fitzmagic/Bortles superbowl showdown.

Blake Bortles is not a good enough QB, plain and simple. Maybe heā€™ll prove me wrong, but so far heā€™s been too inconsistent to make it through the playoffs. And Fitzpatrick is doing great - he set a franchise record when he played for my Jets too - but heā€™s never held a high standard of play all the way to the playoffs, not in 12 seasons, and not now. Their defense isnā€™t up to scratch, either.

Yeah Iā€™m certain it wonā€™t come to fruition for those exact reasons, but a guy can hope right?

1 Like