2017 Predictions

Perception : “we don’t lakhe yo type muzzy” - Trump supporter

Reality : “fuck Donald Trump! Drink toilet water bitch!”

And more importantly, an ideology whose apocalyptic prophesyou is: we will start a war we can’t win…and Allah will deliver us to victory. It encourages suicidal behavior as you stated above.

Starting a massive war with ISIS is the Muslim equivalent of seeing 666 pop up on people’s palms and foreheads.

1 Like

This story of assaulting a mentally disabled kid is sickening, I hope those kids get the book thrown at them.

1 Like

[quote=“antiquity, post:137, topic:224861”]
The US kills 15,000 ISIS for every 1 american soldier killed. This was reported by The Independent (a UK source). [/quote]

And yet they are still there. If that is your definition of victory then I guess you think Rhonda Rousy just fought Nunes to a draw last week.

It’s actually far worse than assault. It is kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment and actual torture. 30 years in jail seems fair.

And I gave up when Barack Obama told our enemies the exact date we would withdraw our troops from Iraq. I knew then that the children were in charge. And believe it or not it made me long for the days of Bill Clinton or GW Bush.

My point is when someone is in charge who knows what they are doing Isis won’t seem like such an insurmountable obstacle. But you don’t believe me and that’s okay. This feels like my “Hillary will never become President” prediction.

So, sit back and wait for the adults to once again take charge.

I wouldn’t let Trump babysit my kids, so if he’s the “adult” you’re referring to that somehow doesn’t instill confidence.

You’re getting teamed up on this thread and handled it well, but your claims of ISIS battling the US military to a tie have been dismantled. And yes, if the scoreboard reads 15,000 to 1, that’s a lead I’m comfortable with.

1 Like

Yes, it is very important. And I have answered this in the past but will gladly do it again. When Isis is not longer a threat we have won. I don’t care if they sit in their caves and curse the west. As long as they are not acting on any of their completely fucked up beliefs we won.

And one cannot exchange ideas with radical Islamic terrorists. Have you noticed that they don’t really want to talk? They want to kill us. And I disagree with you relative to not being able to defeat their ideology with guns. That is how every war has ever been won…with weapons…as far back as you’d like to go. Do you honestly think this is the first time that one side has had a certain religious ideology? Check your history my friend.

I think you said in a previous post that the Nazi party is alive and well. But, they’ve not harmed anyone to my knowledge since the mid 1940’s, so who cares if they want to gather in a hotel room and salute a picture of Hitler. As long as they do not take any action or harm anyone it matters not…we won.

Sure there will always be radical Muslims who hate the west. They can continue to hate us once we have decimated them totally. They can sit in a cave somewhere and hate us all they want. As long as they don’t act on it there is no more threat.

You’ve bought in to the Obama administrations narrative…it’s wrong and you will soon see.

That date was set by the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) signed by Bush:

“The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. combat forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.”

Well, it is true that Trump knows more about ISIS than the generals do, so…

That is very vague; no general would consider that an acceptable objective for a military campaign. How on earth can one know when ISIS (which includes fighters in the Levant, but also individuals around the globe who have pledged allegiance to it) is “no longer a threat”?

That would depend upon how one defines ‘Islamic terrorism’ with respect to the US. At 3000 dead, the Bush administration set the bar pretty high.

The ‘ideas’ refers to convincing those who are not yet radicalized that joining ISIS is not the way to go; it does not refer to ISIS men under arms.

We. Are Not. At War. You must distinguish between rhetoric and reality.

They are indeed a fringe element over here (their presence in Europe is much greater). And why are they a fringe element? Is it because we bombed Dresden? No, it is because the ideas of Nazism have been discredited (in the eyes of most individuals). As I said, ideologies are defeated by ideas, not guns.

Fair enough. But keep in mind he single handedly defeated the RNC, DNC, 16 republican opponents, the fierce Clinton machine and the left wing media. So, maybe he’s not such a good babysitter who knows? But, I am willing to bet that YOU my friend are underestimating his ability to get things done. And you do this because he does not sound like any other person who has held the office of the Presidency…at least not in modern times. And besides what’s up with his tweeting? Things like that inspire criticism. But be careful simply because he is different does not mean that he is incompetent. Obama is a very good example of the opposite. And people ate it up. Obama is very well spoken, seems always very rational and we all thought he’d be competent. However, he has been the least effective President on foreign policy in modern times. Why? Because our enemies figured him out early on. In the Middle East many call him “a woman”. Which to them is the worst possibly insult. Trump is different and that is what we need right now.

.[quote]
You’re getting teamed up on this thread and handled it well,[/quote]

It’s all good discussion with my friends at T Nation I certainly do not harbor any animosity toward any of you simply because you all happen to be wrong :wink:

[quote] but your claims of ISIS battling the US military to a tie have been dismantled. And yes, if the scoreboard reads 15,000 to 1, that’s a lead I’m comfortable with.
[/quote]

Perhaps that was a poor choice of words. Let’s look at it another way. If Obama were to remain as President how long do you think it would take to defeat Isis and other Islamic terrorist groups?

The fact is they have actually grown under the Obama administration. We all remember when Obama called Isis “the JV team”. He just doesn’t get it and he never will. Okay…it’s not a tie. But it drags on for years and years so …it’s not a win for us either is it my friend? And that is what empowers many young Muslims to join radical groups and keep fighting. We are doing just enough to say we are winning. But not enough to actually win. This is what encourages our enemies to keep fighting. We need to demoralize them and thankfully Obama is leaving in 15 days and I believe that we have a group of people in power who will do what it takes to end this conflict…finally.

And where does it say that we should tell our enemies the precise date? It doesn’t.

Yes, that was an entertaining remark among many of his entertaining remarks. But, then again maybe he knows things that you and I do not. Maybe he just wanted to speak to his core constituency and give them confidence? I have no idea why he says the things that he says. But I do know that he will do a better job than Obama defeating Isis. Obama had 8 years and radical Islam has grown under his watch. And that’s all I have to know in order to welcome in a different leader…almost any different leader. I believe Obama to be so incompetent that I honestly think that any successful Governor of either party would do a better job. Hell…any successful large City Mayor would be better than Obama. After all who is Obama anyway? What makes him so special? Why are his thoughts and rants so great that they must be quoted daily here on T Nation by well intended Posters? At this point he is simply a failed President. And if he was white more in the media would have fessed up to this fact. He would be getting the Jimmy Carter treatment.

I am convinced that this new administration will do a far better job both with foreign and domestic policy. And if I am wrong you can call me out on it right here on T Nation. And if I am right you can ignore that fact the way most do around here and pretend I never said it.

Only to you. I explained it clearly. When they are sitting in a cave somewhere still hating us but not acting on it we won. Simple. Not vague at all.

Yes, one crazy man with many followers were responsible for 9-11. But, you do not deny that Islamic Terrorist activity has grown through out the globe over the past 8 years. No one denies that fact not even the most ardent Obama supporters.

Do you realize that these people cannot be spoken to as you suggest? There is no forum and they are not listening anyway. But I agree they must be convinced. But there is only one way to convince them and that is to kill their brothers, fathers, cousins, uncles and everyone else who dares join a terrorist group. Decimating a large share of their population will have a very negative effect on their desire to join such a group, or do you think they are not human?

Funny, before Obama was President when another entity declared war on the US (and the west) we were at war. But Obama is so great he has changed the meaning of the word war…right? LOL Please don’t swallow anymore of that koolaid you are better than that.

Actually, it IS because we defeated them with guns. When the Russians marched into Germany most Nazis, who were not already dead, either ran away or walked forward with their hands in the air. We defeated them with guns NOT ideas.

By the way Patton should have been the one to march into Germany. Allowing the Russians that honor was strictly political…but the point is the same. We decimated them the same way we should and (I am praying) will decimate Islamic terrorism…with GUNS!! Big ones and little ones. Yep

We have reached the point in the discussion where we are all repeating ourselves. So, because of that I am out. After all it’s not like we won’t know within a couple years time who is correct.

Thank you all for a great discussion which never one time deteriorated into name calling. I really appreciate and respect all who were involved in the conversation.

Thank you,

Zeb

The point is, ya boy Bush is the one who told them the withdrawal date, not Obama.

Having a know-nothing blowhard claiming to know more about military matters than our professional officer corps is the sort of thing that ‘gives you confidence’?

Then we will never ‘win,’ because there will never be a point in time when ISIS members will be hiding in caves. Their leaders, maybe. But not their rank-and-file–the ones who carry out attacks.

Wait–are we now responsible for policing terrorism “throughout the globe”?

That is, quite frankly, an absurd statement. These individuals were not born terrorists–they were radicalized via a host of socioeconomic, cultural and inter-personal reasons. The right interventions can short-circuit the radicalization process.

Bush coined the term ‘war on terror.’ This was a rhetorical move, plain and simple. A second’s thought will indicate the absurdity of saying we are at war with a tactic.

We defeated GERMANY (specifically, the German armed forces) with military action. We did not, and have not, defeated Nazism (ask any of your Jewish friends about that if you don’t believe me).

OK, see you next time.

Yes, we will have the opportunity to repeat, restate and reiterate these very same points again when Trump is in charge. I doubt either of us will change our minds on the topic. It is fun to discuss nonetheless. But it gets tiresome when we both start repeating ourselves.

I’m glad you are here at T Nation. Now go remove a cataract. Oh and don’t try to tell me that the eye exercises that I’ve been doing for over 10 years has not helped my vision. NO NO I refuse to believe it. LOL

:smile:

Sounds good. Just make sure you always have a spotter while doing your eye exercises–I’d hate for you to drop the bar on your nose…

Oh Trump will tweet, I wish he would stop.

Oh and Mariah Carey will fuck up another pre-recorded “live” show. Damn scratched CDs.

Huh? You really believe you can rationally talk a terrorist ‘out of it’? Come on, man.