2017 Predictions

Says the guy who needs other people to help him defend Obama.

Okay, I’m out. I have to go to work tomorrow to pay all of the local, state and federal taxes that have been levied on financially successful small business people.

Oh wait
that’s right Obama did not raise taxes on the top bracket as Eye Dentist appropriately pointed out. He simply allowed the Bush tax cuts to expire
yes that matters (eye roll).

Hmm
Suddenly the accusation has changed from ‘stoking the fires of racism’ to ‘stirring up racial tensions.’ To me, those are very, very different charges. With respect to stirring up racial tensions, I would say both Obama and MLK are guilty as charged. I would also say that, in each case, it was to the good that they were. (Which is not to say Obama is the second coming of MLK, of course.)

I’ve grown accustomed to the less-than-desirable implication of ED, so feel free to use it. (But thanks for asking.)

Well
SOMETHINGS got to pay for “the Wall”!

Let’s Make America Great AGAIN!

1 Like

First, allow me to sincerely congratulate you on being successful enough to end up in the top tax tier–the only tier of earners that Obama allowed Prez Bush to re-tax via the sunset provision he (Bush) signed.

Second, as one of the millions of tax payers who helped build your business via providing for the infrastructure upon which it rests, may I say ‘You’re welcome.’

Finally, if you’ll stop by the office, I can give you something to help with that eye roll. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EyeDentist:

Is it pretty safe to say that you will not be running for President of CPAC anytime soon? (lol!)

1 Like

LOL TB, you may as well predict the sun will rise :joy:

1 Like

I did think it was funny. But hey I am not going to make any hay with it. I will refer to you as Eye Dentist, or Dentist, or any other name you’d like.

I actually wouldn’t mind if some of my tax dollars went for paying for that wall. It’s the 48 million on food stamps and the millions on welfare that bother me. Don’t you think that everyone, if they are a healthy adult, should be doing some sort of work for that money?

I’m out on a limb. :wink:

Well, you see doctor it happens only on T Nation. Every time someone on T Nation says something that is so outlandish all I can do is look away and roll my eyes.

Do you really think a wall will be built? I don’t. The problem for Trump is, the wall seems to hold special significance for his base. (Maybe they’re all Pink Floyd fans.) So unlike ‘Lock her up!’ and ‘Drain the swamp!’–both of which vanished immediately after the election, with nary a peep of protest from his base–my sense is that ‘Build the wall!’ cannot be waved away so easily. (Of course, my ‘sense’ also told me HRC would win, so it’s not worth a bucket of warm spit at this point.) The question then becomes, how can Trump get out from under ‘Build the wall!’ without seeming to walk away from it? My hunch is he’s going to make Congress take the fall for it; ie, he will ask Congress to appropriate the seed money for a wall, and they will refuse. In this manner, Trump will be able to say ‘I tried to build the wall, but Congress blocked me,’ and his most central campaign slogan will be saved.

1 Like

Again, thank you for your thoughtfulness, but I honestly have no preference, so feel free to refer to me by any name you’d like.

You know it.

Trump is a lot of things
stupid of far from being one if them.

Trump could suggest that the money appropriated for each sanctuary city would instead go to paying for the wall, you would city these chest puffing mayors fall in line in no time flat.

Are you sure I’m successful? After all, I do spend an awful lot of time on TN. :wink:

And you’re right, most private-practice ophthalmologists at my stage in their careers are top-tier earners. However, I work at a state ‘hospital of last resort’ (aka a ‘charity hospital’), so my income is far removed from the top tier. That said, and lest anyone think I’m po’ mouthing (as we say here in the Deep South), let me hasten to add that I do make a great upper-middle-class living, and am in no way complaining about my income. I consider myself very fortunate, very blessed, to have the job that I do.

I understand. A couple of well-placed Botox injections in your extraocular muscles will clear that right up. I guarantee no eye rolls for at least 2 months.

1 Like

Drain the swamp has not gone away. But, “lock her up” certainly has and I’m glad it has. To be quite honest with you, unlike many conservatives, I never really wanted to see Hillary “locked up”. I would not mind if she was indicted and then pardoned however. And I only wanted that to happen to make sure that she does not rise from the grave like Dracula and run for President again. I know
I know there is only a very a very tiny chance that she would run again. But, I want to erase any possibility of anyone named Clinton running for President. And for that matter anyone named Bush running for President (I bet that one surprised you). But no I don’t want her locked up.

Good question, will the wall be built. I think it will be for three main reasons.

1. He has virtually built his political reputation on this. His first ever speech (or one of them) was about illegal Mexicans crossing into our country.

2. It might not be the glorious wall that he spoke of. Part of it can be high fencing and of course part of it state of the art anti-illegal Mexican crossing wall material.

3. Don’t forget what he has been doing for his entire life. He is a builder. And I think he looks at this as a challenge and he sees success when he builds things. It’s in his DNA
(like grabbing pussy). LOL

So yes in one form or another the wall will be built.

Are you sure you are a liberal? You have not yet called me one single derogatory name. Nor have you used sarcasm as your main theme when responding to my posts.

Come on
you’re not a lefty. Fess up man.

1 Like

Damn I was expecting some interesting predictions

Given the appts to Trump’s cabinet, it’s quite clear that DTW has gone away in practice. Further, Gingrich admitted as much

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/311296-gingrich-trump-doesnt-want-to-drain-the-swamp-anymore

although he later walked this back after being scolded for what was an obvious PR blunder.

That is not a wall. Trump made it crystal-clear during the campaign that references to the wall were not metaphorical–that when he said ‘build a wall,’ he meant it literally.

“Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one.”

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/immigration/