2017 Predictions

The how in the hell do you know it would work?

Change? No. Destroy yes. 1) you have to contain them in the area they are in and not allow them to disperse. Then you kill or capture Al Baghdadi and decapitate the leadership and destroy their infrastructure. And you kill or capture as many ISIS fighters as possible, humiliating them in the process. The second part of that is key, the humiliation. The psychological affect of humiliation on terror groups is one that cannot be understated. Pride is everything, you take the pride you take the movement. You cannot give them options, like dispersion.

This is a military operation, already. But if you don’t contain the areas they occupy then, yes they can disperse and the second problem may be worst than the first.

And yes, you meet terror with overwhelming force, every time, that’s how you beat it. No other formula has proven to work better.

It’s clear, you don’t take them very seriously, or that the problem is already solved and nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise. I just hope you are more right than me and we have nothing the fear from them, anymore. I don’t believe that is true, but only time will tell.

I am of the mindset that the free world cannot not tolerate terrorism. It has taken way to many lives already. It has affected the way we live our lives way to much. And I believe peddling around with it allowing it to exist in some form is a dangerous proposition.
The world is a soft target and I prefer to keep it that way. I don’t want to live in fortresses, showing ID everywhere in order not to offend some thin skinned people.

The situation, as stated and is a fact, is already a military one. The best way to deal with military engagements is to end them quickly and decisively. That’s how you save lives, playing ‘whack a mole’ with them is dangerous and has proven so time and time again. And it will require military engagement time and time again.
The problem is solvable militarily because it’s a military situation. Once that has been dealt with we can deal with the remaining ideology.

As an example, communist ideology has been defeated, largely. It has been proven to fail time and time again. When you can point at examples of failed ideology, you can reduce the threat of that ideology. While an ideology gives the appearance of succeeding, it’s hard to talk someone out of it.

We can bomb the shit out of ISIS, but we are going to take a whole lot of innocent people with them. I prefer not to do that. We cannot let them stand. And we cannot maintain an air campaign indefinitely to keep them contained. Unless you want to employ WW2 tactics and level the place, people be damned, we can win strictly from the air. Otherwise, it’s going to take people on the ground to finish. We are at the point of diminishing returns with the air campaign.

I really don’t understand your plan. How do we stop them if not militarily? Do you just want to react when they carry out an atrocity? Are we to leave people to the genocidal ways of ISIS? We going to tweet them to death? What’s the plan?

I don’t see much point in answering questions I’ve answered over and over. Thanks for the discussion.

Ciao

1 Like

I gotta be honest man, as much as I’ve disagreed with you in the past, I had the same thought the minute she secured the DNC nomination.

You can’t fight populist with someone who is perceived as the worst of career politics.

OT: This year will bring

• Uptick in Twitter revenue
  • Massive shifts in the media and how news is reported
  • Extreme leftist intolerance (it was always there, but now we get to see it up close)
  • Dick waving and measuring between China and the USA
  • Putin standing off to the side and laughing his ass off
1 Like

Something I am beginning to see a little more clearly:

A comparative few with make a LOT of money over the next few years
while many
including many of Trump’s most loyal supporters
will fall further and further behind

2 Likes