2017 Predictions

These two statements - in consecutive posts! - are fantastic.

1. Hey, we’re not military leaders, we don’t know what tools the administration has at their disposal, I can’t set any hard and fast parameters here.

2. Hey, hey, now, just because the entire US intelligence community says the Russians did it, how can you be sure, I mean srsly guys?

1 Like

Considering the hack of the DNC a foregone conclusion, lets not forget that this is not the hack that all of the hub-bub is about.

Its the Podesta hack that has caused the butthurt. The gmail account of a private citizen. Not a .gov account.

Note the email address: John.podesta@gmail.com

Then you have not been paying attention my friend. I said many times he will crush Isis within one to two years. Obama had about 8 years and couldn’t do it. In fact, Isis was birthed under his watch. Anyway, as I said I am not a general and neither are you. We can pretend that we know what the military can do but we don’t. All you know is what you read in your left wing rags and from MSNBC and CNN. And I am not much better paying attention mostly to right leaning media. Although I do get a kick out of MSNBC and watch it on a regular basis for laughs and to see what the other side is thinking.

Anyway…Trump will beat Isis, how, I have some ideas but I would not share them as they are purely guesses.

I think you will see Trump clash with Putin. Maybe if you are really lucky we will get WW III out of it. Oh wait no one wants that right? Most sane people want the US and Russia to get along. No hold on the dems want Trump to come down hard on Russia…Err…wait a second didn’t the dems always take the softer route when it came to saber ratting? Hold on now I’m confused. Ah…okay I forgot for a second this is all about politics…as I have been saying all along.

Give this minor shit storm about 30-60 days and it is over. Even the dems can’t keep a non issue going much longer than that.

Tell me what do you think the dems will use next to try to minimalize the Trump Presidency?

I have a few ideas. I think one will be his finances and business holdings. I think that will be their next plan of attack…at least that’s where I’d go.

Your thoughts?

Let’s not be silly. Keep in mind none of this is real and none of it matters other than for it’s potential political harm to Donald Trump.

It’s a nasty game politics oh yes…Keep in mind the republicans drove Obama nuts with the birther stuff. Not a bad play. And it lasted almost his entire 8 years. How much political punch do you think the dems will get from the Russian boogie man? A month or two?

No way man. There is a whole new generation that never lived during Cold War I, and have only read about it.

Now they too can live it out in real time. Its a gold mine!
And for the ones that miss that feeling of impending nuclear doom? They’re home again.

When the Right perceived Obama as taking a ‘softer’ route regarding any challenge to US interests, he was labeled an appeaser. So I take it you will apply the same standard to Trump in this regard?

The Russians interfering with a US election is a “non issue.” Interesting perspective.

If you’re referring to his myriad conflicts of interest, I suspect this will ultimately draw the ire of BOTH parties.

By the way, whatever happened to ‘I’ll release my tax returns as soon as the audit is completed’?

1 Like

And that now gives the DNC and the left wing media their political opening. I do love a well crafted political attack.

You told me once that we were about the same age didn’t you? We have children about the same age.

Anyway, I think if you look back you will find both parties attempting to make political hay about plenty of things from claiming Obama was born in Kenya to Trump’s very complex financial portfolio. This is what both sides do.

We are on separate sides but we must be honest about what is going on. Don’t allow yourself to be sucked in to one side being the shining knight of truth and the other being pure evil and corrupt. It’s a big game and the game is called politics. Far more fun than say monopoly.

Are you suggesting that those previous attacks by the Right labeling Obama an appeaser were nothing but unfounded political opportunism? If so, I commend you for your honesty.

1 Like

What I am saying is there is much ballyhoo about nothing most of the time. Just like a boxing match. When one of the fighters sees an opening he strikes. Both parties are guilty of it. Currently the democrats are better at it but the republicans are not far behind.

Obviously, we each have different political philosophies. Where I see the government over reaching relative to tax policy for example you see a fair and equitable tax policy.

And on and on…

But at the end of the day there are republicans and democrats on the stage entertaining us with a host of various attacks on one another attempting to sway the middle and those who are not staunch on either side.

The only problem with this is that real issues without all of the name calling and false accusations are sometimes lost and that is a shame. But I accepted a long time ago that the game must be played.

It’s a game…it will always be a game…a nasty filthy hurtful game.

Two good examples of this were when GW Bush invaded Iraq after 9-11. Huh? What did they have to do with 9-11? “Weapons of mass destruction I tell you.” Yeah how did that work out? But nonetheless republicans by and large stuck together because that is how the game is played.

Hillary Clinton is one more example. If Joe Shmo had been as reckless as she was with classified emails he would have been indicted FOR CERTAIN. She skated because she was representing the democrat party in the Presidential election. And Obama made sure that no criminal harm came to her not because he likes her but because…that’s the way the game is played.

Granted, He must have been briefed on “DON’T EVER DO THAT!”.

Your posting that article really bothers me. That conviction will follow that poor guy in life while Mrs. Clinton has only the stigma of losing an election.

1 Like

Hmmm 2017 Predictions not as political as you guys but…

1. We will continue to be made fools of by Russia
  2. Terrorists will still exists
  3. We will have at least 4 mass shootings in the USA
  4. Rural and urban Americans wont see a big increase in factory jobs
  5. Giant corporations will still make products cheaper in 3rd world and we still will buy them
  6. Some cops will still abuse power and a hand full of colored folk die needlessly
  7. Politicians still wont get much done due to lack of compromise, special interests, and bitchassness
  8. The wall wont get built
  9. Healthcare will still suck
  10. Our president will be comedy gold
1 Like

That sailor was not involved in “the game”.

That is the double standard that we’re discussing. Not that I think it is unfair that he received that sentence, because I don’t. I’ve worked in the NNS shipyard, in the most secure areas of it- under the direct watch of armed guards. I know that there is training that you must complete to be allowed access to that type of information. There is absolutely no excuse for him Or Clinton to do what they did.

They should both be in prison.

Comey is the one who made the call re not indicting HRC. In that regard, all I can say is, if he was in the bag for her, he sure has a funny way of showing it.

In other words, the facts do not seem to be on your side that this was an example of ‘how the game is played.’ GOP spin to the contrary, it’s crystal clear that HRC did not commit an indictable offense under the relevant statute.

No it isn’t.

One cannot indict without a Grand Jury. The FBI cannot summon a Grand Jury it must be done by the Justice Department. Hence, Loretta Lynch was playing the game. Now Comey could have said on national Television that Lynch would not call a GJ but then he wouldn’t be playing the game would he?

Damn realistic list, thehebrewhero.

This isn’t far from where I am.

2 Likes