2017 Predictions

Neo-Nazis are mostly fake plants/controlled opposition by the left. It’s a common tactic they’ve used for years… attach crazies to any right wing movement then have the media focus on them to discredit the right wing.

There’s now a growing nationalism movement, so lets now attach Nazi’s to discredit it!

Edit: There are plenty more examples.

Despite @anon50325502 comment above, it looks like we’re not yet ready to get off this Tilt-a-Whirl.

Japan and Germany (and the rest of the Axis powers) were legitimate nation-states, with legally-recognized sovereign territory. Their territory could be attacked/invaded. Their soldiers were so-called ‘lawful combatants.’ Likewise, being nation-states who had declared war against us, they could formally surrender. ISIS is not a nation-state, and has no recognized sovereign territory. We can militarily degrade ISIS to the point where they pose little direct threat to us, but because its foundation is an ideology (as opposed to a nation-state), the true adversary (read: the underlying death-cult ideology) cannot be defeated in this manner.

It’s worth remembering that ISIS is simply the flavor-of-the-month when it comes to Islamic death-cults. (Remember al Qaeda?) Once ISIS is degraded to aQ levels, another organization will pop up in its stead. This will continue to occur until and unless the ideology is defeated in the battlespace of ideas.

The main one being, he understands the totality of the strategic situation we’re facing.

Bluntly, given the unprecedented number of drone and air strikes he has authorized, this is an absurd statement, and frankly unworthy of your claim to be a sincere discussant of this issue.

Yes, because the truck drivers were not ISIS fighters (they were/are civilian smugglers), and Obama was trying to minimize civilian casualties–because as you well know, in addition to the moral obligation to avoid killing civilians when possible, civilian casualties result in significant blowback that is counter-effective to our overall strategy.

Per your link, US air forces destroyed 116 tankers abandoned after the leaflet drop. That’s 116 civilians spared–which means 116 extended families that do not hate us for killing their husband/father/brother, which means god know how many revenge-based radicalizations averted. Smart strategy.

Frankly, your criticism (‘Obama doesn’t want to kill Muslims of any stripe’) can’t withstand even cursory scrutiny. Obama is directly responsible (via authorizing air strikes) for the death of ~24K ISIS fighters–all of them Muslims. Given this, why would he feel the need to avoid killing 116 Muslim truck drivers? Further, when the US has attacked military assets (tanks, technicals, troop transporters, etc), Obama has not leafleted them first in order to give the Muslim fighters a chance to flee. C’mon man.

1 Like

He understands very little. And he also takes an incredibly long time to make a decision, or have you not noticed that he is not a man of action?

That is actually comical. Any individual giving aid and comfort to the enemy IS our enemy. Bomb them don’t warn them. Then we have x number of less truck drivers for Isis. And guess what? Suddenly recruiting truck drivers becomes more difficult. One more piece of evidence that Obama doesn’t know how to fight a war

Obama gave birth to Isis by announcing when we would pull out of Iraq and of course we pulled out too early. But he had to keep his left wing goofy supporters happy.

If you think that this is the way to fight a war you are in for a big surprise ater the leftist leaves office at 12:00 this Friday.

All of your whining about not being able to defeat an ideology is just so much nonsense fed to you (all of us) by Obama.

Can we at least PLEASE agree that the death, destruction and cost of WW-II can never, ever be duplicated in today’s World short of reducing large swaths of the world into uninhabitable, Nuclear rubble?

Please stop suggesting that “we do what we did in WW-II…” in order to solve some problem with an adversary.

2 Likes

In much the same way he created Racism, I would imagine.

Not to worry…ITS TIME TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Killing all the Towel-Heads should just about do it.

1 Like

You mean like promoting one through the Republican primaries in the hopes of tossing a slow ball to their ordained candidate HRC?

No, I don’t agree.

And why stop suggesting what actually worked for us…repeatedly! Name one war we have won using the “Obama doctrine”?

It all starts at the top Mufasa. Your hero, the one you adore and make excuses for sucks as a commander and chief. That will soon be obvious.

My only thought now is how the press will twist it to take credit away from the republican President.

Candy Crowley: “Well President Obama actually had Isis on the run and was just about to end this sort of thing before Trump took office.”

Jake Tapper: “Trump does not really deserve credit for crushing Isis. We all know that President Obama would have done the same thing had he just had another year or so in office.”

The left wing press will never give Trump, or any republican credit for what is about to happen.

You will never answer a direct question so I don’t know why I bother. But here goes. Do you know where Isis came from? Do you know that announcing to our enemies the exact date and time of withdrawal from Irag was a bad idea? Do you know that Isis came about because of that early withdrawal?

BINGO!

How many lefties on this board want to see one more innocent American killed, on American soil by a Middle Eastern terrorist before we take decisive action?

None of it seems to phase Obama.

But Oh my gosh if a black person with a record longer than my arm is harmed in any way by a Police Officer…well that is certainly reason to attack the Police and allow rioting.

What a horrible President Barack Obama has been!

(Hey I’m cranked up this week)

You mean like when he decided to take out OBL?

I dare say having their trucks blown up significantly reduced the enthusiasm among truck drivers re working for ISIS.

If you can’t see how killing civilians is strategically counter-productive, I’m afraid we don’t have much to talk about in that regard.

Wow, the anti-Obama political propaganda certainly is well integrated into your schema. Do you realize that you’re just parroting here?

Make a prediction. Tactically speaking, what specifically is going to change after Trump takes office? And what will be the specific outcome of that change?

1 Like

The remnants of the Iraqi army, disastrously disbanded in 2003 by the monumentally incompetent Paul Bremer.

Tell it to dubya:

"The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. combat forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011. [emphasis mine]

If you say so…

I most definitely agree.

After January 20th I will be on my knees Praying for America and our President.

1 Like

It will be a nice to have a president who returns fire on leftist attacks instead of just being a punching bag for the MSM.

Also I can’t imagine Trump ever doing this :

Neither do I, Zeb.

1 Like

No…he would be turned the other way facing Putin…just to make sure he gets a good reach-around.

1 Like

And I dare say if every one of the truck drivers were killed that would have been a far bigger deterrent.

“Hey man not a bad job if the Americans attack they will warn us first and we just jump out of the truck and run away.”

A really bad war strategy and one we never did during WW II. But then we won that war in about 4 years. How long has this shit been going on?

If you can’t see how deterring civilians from helping terrorists groups is not a good strategy I don’t think we have to much to talk about.

Bla bla bla GW was the one who set the deadline. Yeah…no kidding. But Obama is the one who announced it to the world. Also, the deadline was more fluid that the left wants us to believe. In other words I don’t think GW would have carried forward with that. He knew how to win wars. Obama new how to give up territory and lose.

Well, I was spot on with my last prediction. You were not here but I predicted that Hillary would never become President. And this was about one year before the actual election. After Trump won the nomination certain posters asked if I’d like to change my prediction and of course I did not. And you know what happened.

So, I will predict that there will be a forceful push to crush Isis. How they do it is up to the brilliant military strategists that Trump will listen to instead of ignoring and firing. There will also be a focus on keeping Muslim terrorists from entering the country.There will obviously be many more changes which cannot be predicted relative to victory against terrorism. But if you think Obama handled the terrorist situation well then you need to go back to sipping your chamomile tea and lay off the left wing Kool-Aid.

Obama began his Presidency with an apology tour. I remember it well. He then proceeded to bow to what seemed to be every Middle Eastern leader that he came within 4 feet of.

No wonder they call him a “woman”.

He projected weakness…and everyone including Russia took advantage of us.

Good riddance Obama. 4 days and counting!

Ha funny stuff. Putin is the one who intimidated our meek President. He allowed him into the Middle East without even a whimper.

But that’s nothing new. He acquiesced all over the world. Paying Iran in cash to get our military men returned to us. They made sure the pallets of cash was delivered before the men ever left Iranian air space.

Obama was played like the sucker he by world powers as well as tin horn dictators.

Late on in the week if I have time I will post Obama’s biggest errors. I suspect it will be a very long list.

I’m guessing the birther movement grew from the fact that Obama never governed like any other President before him. Hence, the “he’s not from the US” movement grew. Of course I know the movement began before he was even seated in the Oval Office. And it was used to harass him for 4 years. Not a bad tactic. But still…

If you think about it. Has Obama governed like any other President?

Can you compare him to FDR? One of our great war time Presidents? No, how long do you think Islamic terrorism would exist under FDR?

How about Truman who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Truman didn’t tell civilians to leave the country before bombing did he?

How about Ike who literally won World War II for the US and it’s allies? And he did it in about four years. Obama struggles to explain his failures defeating terrorism and he had 8 years!

How about JFK who at least tried to oust the Cuban Dictator? No, in fact Obama embraced those same dictators. Opening relations with Cuba is disgusting and embarrassing.

The list goes on and on…even Jimmy Carter as poor a President as he was at least attempted to rescue our Iranian hostages. He ended up losing to Reagan most likely in part because he failed at that mission. But at least he didn’t send pallets of money to Iran…AWFUL!

No Obama has acted like no other President that I have seen or read about. And while I am sure he was born in Hawaii as he says he was absolutely not anyone who embraced American exceptionalism. That along with the fact that Obama care began as government controlled health care. Thank God he didn’t get his wish list on that one.

Obama…a European sort of guy…