2017-2018 NFL Season

For a #1 seed, the Eagles are in serious trouble. Makes the ‘Carson Wentz, MVP’ argument all the stronger. At this juncture, I think the Vikings are the team to beat in the NFC.

My Saints have a legit shot of garnering Rookie of the Year for both O and D. (O is pretty much a lock IMO).

2 Likes

The end of Bills/Fins and then watching the end of Bengals/Ravens was very enjoyable. Bit of a roller coaster. \o/

1 Like

Thanks for Cooks - he’s been fantastic this year … not to say he wasn’t fantastic for y’all but he’s definitely stretched the field for Brady.

I’d like to see a Saints/Pats SB

Losing Cooks was tough for sure–he’s a game-breaker. But fortunately, for once the Saints’ front office was able to translate the loss of a great player into a net plus for the team–the Pats’ pick allowed us to get both Lattimore and Kamara, not to mention the top-rated rookie right tackle in Ryan Ramczyk. To replace the deep threat we lost in Cooks’ departure, we picked up Ted Ginn Jr. He’s no Cooks (especially in the hands dept), but he’s got enough speed to garner the attention of opposing safeties in a manner similar to that of Cooks.

I’d bet you’re halfway there already.

The thought process is different for those of us who are fans of good-but-not-dynastic teams. Pats fans have been to the SB enough to have the luxury of thinking in terms of who you’d like to play there. Me, I’m just hoping to get there one more time before the Brees-Payton era ends.

2 Likes

Next year? cough broncos need a QB cough

The Broncos are literally the only team I could see Brees leaving for. He’s got all the money he could ever need, and the thing that drives him now is a burning desire to win at least one more Super Bowl (he has stated that inclusion in the discussion of potential GOAT QB requires winning at least 2 rings). And the only team out there that is a QB away from winning a SB is Denver.

Brees’ contract expires this year. Will be very interesting to see if his representation demands a multi-year max contract (he has the same agent as Oakland’s Derrick Carr, who received a massive deal last year). If they do make such a demand, will be equally interesting to see how the Saints respond.

3 Likes

I hate the Saints as a Falcon’s fan should be Kamara has a good argument for MVP, much less ROY. He’s hell on wheels for teams playing the Saints. Dude can ball…

2 Likes

Pats Vs. Rams in the superbowl. Ya heard it here first.

2 Likes

#ESPNwhereyouat

No way the Rams make it.

1 Like

That was the same sentiment for the Pats in '01/'02 … they’re in the playoffs, anything can happen.

1 Like

Of course, anything can happen Buzz Killington.

Just sayin’, dick breath

1 Like

Dick breath, I didn’t realize I resembled Tom Brady.

Zing!!!

1 Like

:rofl:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They were saying on the radio that both the OC and the DC were interviewing for other roles. Now BB might leave and they traded Garapolo. Hope TB12 keeps Brady ticking forever.

He wears that magic Underarmour sleep wear, he’ll play forever.

Interesting report - we’ll see how it plays out.

Patricia (DC) and McDaniels (OC) have been hot on the head coach list for a few seasons to this point - so independent of this story it wouldn’t surprise me if one or both of them found HC jobs elsewhere. Next man up.

Also, I think there’s meat to the story given that Guerro (Brady’s health guru and business partner) has been barred from the locker room - places he’s previously had access. Happened around the time Jimmy G (baby GOAT) got traded.

Strange things are afoot at the circle K

1 Like

If the end of the dynasty means you bulldoze the league at 13-3, with home field advantage throughout the play-offs, sign me up for that scandal.
I think the rifts are slightly exaggerated. I have nothing but respect for Garopallo, but I seriously doubt any QB is a threat to Brady’s tenure. He goes out on his own terms, he’s earned that respect from even the cold-heart, cut-throat Patriots. He IS the dynasty and they know it and so does he.

1 Like