2017-2018 NFL Season

Ya, of course… I just don’t think they look good this year particularly on defense and I don’t think Brady can carry them like in years past. Their schedule doesn’t look awful either.

So Alex Smith is human after all. Shame about Aaron Rodgers.

72 dolphins don’t get dethroned this year.

Damn stillers man. Lose to pop warner team one week. Beat the undefeated Chiefs in KC next week. Go figure.

1 Like

As a Miami fan, I totally wrote off the Falcons-'Phins game at 17-0 at the half…I mean…seriously…what the hell Miami haha and the Jets playing the Pats so well? I felt like I was in some kind of alternate universe when I hit service and saw scores again.

Well, I’ve now lost both of my #1 fantasy picks and the Raven’s appear to be one of the worst teams in the league this year.

Wonderful.

We’ll always have the browns. Who are 1-21 in their last 22.

1 Like

Chiefs & Skins best imo… Cowboys & Gb won’t do it and statistically ATL wont go back… Neither will Neng their D is sooo bad & Bradys one hard sack from cushy espn job. Especially since Glasskowski cant string 3 games together. Caro if they get Dickson on fire they might be the truth…Cams on fire…Say top 3 Afc KC, Tx, Bills
Top Nfc Vikes, Caro, Skins
Deff & Running wins the SB most times

1 Like

Couldn’t find a non partisan post of this so hopefully the Twitter link works. Burfict kicking Nix in the face with both feet after the play.

The bungles made him a captain. Every team has overagressive jagoff players (Mike Mitchell), but this is beyond the pale. What a bitch move.

The Bills traded Marcell Dareus to the Jags for a sixth round pick today. A sixth round pick. Good grief.

1 Like

Lions put 483 yards of offense up on the Steelers with no touchdowns. That has to be a record. Talk about bend don’t break! It’s like Todd Haley was doing their play calling. This defense is missing Tuitt big time.

If that was Tom Brady in there it would have been 42-20 easy.

2 Likes

The decision to go for it on 4th-and-goal when they were down by one in the 3rd quarter was, for me, a real head scratcher.

1 Like

I think their coach was just in disbelief about their red zone offense. Stafford is the real deal, he was shredding the zone defense everywhere else on the field. Those passes were downright pretty.

I don’t think he believed the D could keep them out.

I agree, Stafford’s arm talent is second only to Rodgers’. But still, given the game situation…

1 Like

There’s a reason Bellechick and Saban go with the percentages and take the points. Ego loses games.

1 Like

For someone who absolutely hates injuries with a passion, this NFL season has been rough to watch. That injury to Zach Miller is just batshit insane. Hope they save his leg, gut wrenching. :confused:

2 Likes

Yep. I’m a Saints fan, so was watching the game. What a horrific injury. The limb-threatening component is the disruption of the popliteal artery, which supplies the entire leg. No popliteal artery–>no blood to the leg. No blood to the leg–>tissue death within a very few hours–> loss of the leg.

Those of you of a certain age may remember the US Naval Academy/Oakland Raiders running back Napolean McCallum suffered a similar injury back in the day, necessitating emergent repair of his popliteal. (Trigger warning:The clip depicts a gruesome orthopedic injury):

Damn. You always hear that
“run downhill”
“always go 100%”
“Never leave the ground/hurdle anyone”

Repeated as “safety” terms. They seem to have more weight after seeing junk like this.

Anybody else catch the 'Phins giving the Eagles Ajayi for a 4th round pick? …Here I was worried the worst thing to happen to my team this year would be Cutler :roll_eyes:

Really, wow… Eagles are making a serious play for the SB this year.

1 Like

Coach Pederson has done a great job getting down to business since he’s been there. The players really seem to be on board with him.

Yeah, was seriously considering putting this in the stupid thread, ha! Not sure what the reasoning is behind it, gonna be a heck of a one-two punch with him and blount.

2 Likes