2017-2018 NFL Season

The Steelers gave up 45 to the Jaguars… Pat’s gave up 41 to the Eagles. I’d say its even.

1 Like

It’s a pretty big gamble on his part, though. Even if Kraft offered him some behind the curtain deal, what happens if New England bombs over the next few years? Or Brady retires and Belichick doesn’t and they suffer?

1 Like

I do believe Brady, glowing a radiating gold, floated out of his mothers vagina on a cloud of silk, with the angels singing. However, he still managed to come out a human being.
I figure they have 2 years left with Brady playing at a high level. Then nature demands he’s done. Could be sooner, but if you came out of your mama glowing gold, 2 more years is a safe bet.
So I see the Pat’s moving all their chips in the the middle these next 2 years, particularly next year. I guess McDaniel’s wanted to be part of that historic legacy. They had to tell him, “we’re going all in next year, are you sure you don’t want to be a part of it?”

After Brady, it will be over for the Pat’s for a couple of years at least.

The dirty little secret nobody tells you is when you turn 40, you don’t feel as if you are in your forties. That happens around 43, when you wake up and all your shit cracks and you are limping to the bathroom. For a normal guy in good health, you feel forty at around 43. Just like when you turn 30, it’s not different than 28 or 29. 33, shit starts to change.

EDIT: I do see them drafting a serious QB pick in the next couple of drafts. You want your young star to learn under Brady if you can…

1 Like

I imagine it was more like how Bono was born on South Park.

2 Likes

I’ve not seen it, but if you post it I will watch…

He posts it you’re gonna watch one of the funniest fuckin’ episodes of anything ever produced ever. So many subtle jokes it’s like watching a Mel Brooks film or Monty Python film. There’s the obvious humor and then there’s the jokes you get on the 5th watch that make you appreciate it soooo much more. Such a great episode. Almost as great as the Warcraft episode or Imaginationland…

3 Likes

Sadly, I don’t think Shazier will ever play football again. He’s lucky to have movement in his legs right now. The Steelers have to move on, not forget, but move on and fill his spot.

When you have your movement taken from you and you get it back, I believe you don’t risk it again. You will never be the same and walking is more precious then any ring.

1 Like

*Don’t know if that’ll work or not. Just google Bono and South Park.

After 5 games, wow. Hope he’s as good as advertised.

2 Likes

1 Like

I hope so for that price. People thought the Flacco deal was bad, shessshhh.

1 Like

I guess it is a “what have you done for me lately” league and Jimmy G just got paid big bucks after winning 5 games. Foles just won a superbowl and the sb mvp so just maybe they’ll get a very one sided trade

1 Like

(Deep breath and exhale)… I think Cleveland has a chance to pull a jags in the next couple of years. 6 Picks in the first 3 rounds, a pretty good O line, some good pieces on defense, Todd Haley as the new O Coordinator and over 100 million in cap space sounds promising. Take Saquon Barkley and one of the top QBs in the top 5 or pay Cousins and this offense looks pretty damn good.

3 Likes

Bold Speculation! I like it!

The browns lost most of their games this season by 3 points or less. They could contend with just a few more undropped balls and less missed tackles.

All right, you clowns. I don’t normally post much about football, but I’m comin’ in hot with the takes.

1. McDaniels: yes, he looks bad in this, but I think concerns about how this will affect his career are overwrought. He probably never should have “agreed to terms” with the Colts if he wasn’t 100 percent on board, but he never signed a contract (and the Colts look like total doofuses for promoting the hire before he’d actually signed). If I were him, I wouldn’t want that job either - as flip said the Colts haven’t been all that well run in the last half-decade, and the Luck injury is starting to seem like a total fiasco (guys, he sat out a whole fuckin’ season and supposedly still is not cleared to throw). As a fan of the League, this absolutely sucks - Luck was a beast and I’m furious with the Colts for botching a potentially great QB career.

One other McDaniels-related thought: guys, the dude has five fuckin’ rings in New England and has made more money coaching football there than I’ll make in the next 30 years. Maybe he just doesn’t give a shit, you know? We all assume that every one of these guys wants to be at the top, but sometimes a guy might realize that he’s happy where he is.

1. Foles: so I’m an Eagles fan that really liked Foles I’m his first go-round in Philly and was legitimately pissed when we traded him for Sam Bradford, but in the end it’s all worked out.

From the team side: it’s tempting to trade him, but I wouldn’t do it unless I was getting a ransom (a first-rounder and another pick or a player) for two reasons.

One, Wentz is coming off an injury and it’s not certain exactly when he will be ready; I would rather not rush him back, and it’s awfully nice to know that your “backup plan” is the Super Bowl MVP. Foles is on a very affordable contract for next year, especially when you consider that Wentz is still on a rookie deal, the Eagles don’t have an outlandish amount of money committed to the QB position (consider that Foles and Wentz’ combined cap hit for next year is like half of what it will cost some team to sign Kirk Cousins).

The other reason? Philly’s title window is open right now. The team is loaded and brings back nearly every key player from this season. We’ve seen other top teams with top QB see their seasons go up in flames (Packers this year being a good example). As a Philly fan, I want Foles around next year for the insurance against a broken collarbone or bruised ribs or a concussion that keeps Wentz out for a week or two. Championship windows don’t come around very often; I would rather see Philly keep Foles, who absolutely increases the odds of a repeat trip to the big game next year, than have a second round pick. Green Bay has lost a playoff season of Rodgers’ prime because he went down and they had nobody that could keep the team afloat behind him. If Wentz misses a month next year, but we have Foles behind him, I don’t worry that’s going to turn into an 0-4 stretch that costs us a playoff berth.

In some situations, I wouldn’t say this. But Philly definitely has a window right now. I want to see them do everything to take advantage of that. The only way I would give up Foles is for a ridiculous offer, like a first rounder and a starting caliber DB.

Oh, and from Foles’ side; I keep seeing this “he’s deserved a chance to start” - and while that is true, again, has it ever occurred to y’all that he might be legit happy where he is? The dude has been around the League, played for three different teams, and clearly LOVES playing for Pederson in Philly. He’s beloved in Philly. He’s playing for one of the most QB-friendly coaching staffs in the League. He’s made plenty of money by now (yes, it’s hard to walk away from 50 million if someone’s offering, but it’s not like he’s currently in the poorhouse). He also clearly loves Wentz - those guys need their own buddy-cop movie. He’s gonna give all that up to go start for the Jets or Browns? Come on, dudes.

Cash matters, and I certainly wouldn’t begrudge Foles a thing if he asks for a trade and signs a huge extension elsewhere, but I think there are incentives for both team and player to keep Foles in Philly for one more season.

1. Garoppolo contract: on one hand, that seems like a ridiculous amount of cash for a guy with such a short resume. On the other hand, when you see what just happened with Cousins in Washington and how the franchise tag works, you realize that the 49ers are smart for doing that deal now if Garoppolo is half as good as he showed at the end of the season.

Much gets made of every new QB deal because it seems like a ton of money, but if you understand how the franchise tag works you see that teams really can’t sign these guys for less. Cousins had absolutely zero incentive to sign the offer sheet the Skins gave him last year; the 49ers would’ve been in the same spot if they lowballed Garoppolo this year. The guy took over a totally hapless team and went 5-0 down the stretch. Well worth the gamble.

4 Likes

By the way: Wentz is the QB next year as soon as he’s healthy. Not even a question.

I’m president of the Nick Foles fan club, and I think he’s at least a League-average QB (maybe even a little better) who got hot at the right time, but Wentz was the League MVP through 13 weeks. I’ve watched almost every Eagles game the past two seasons and Wentz is a potential Hall of Famer if he gets and stays healthy. All that cool stuff Foles did in the last two weeks? Wentz did that every week, all season. He’s great at feeling the pressure, moving the pocket, and his ball placement is outstanding. He’s a lot like Big Ben, but without the skeezy behavior.

I want them to bring Foles back as insurance for all the reasons laid out in my last post, but there is no question this is still Wentz’s team when he’s ready to play.

2 Likes

giphy%20(38)
source%20(1)

2 Likes

I’m sure the Texans used that mentality for Osweiler :slight_smile:

Edit: Both were back ups to one of the greatest QBs ever too

There is a guy named foals who plays for filly. This thread needs more baby horse jokes, but I can’t think of any.

1 Like