2017-2018 NFL Season

Holyyy offensive yardage, Batman

1 Like

Great game to watch. MVP should go to Doug Pederson for his play calling. He played to win and that was the difference.

5 Likes

Fearless play calling, that was fun to watch.

Whoa! Nice call on the “one sack”!

2 Likes

Ha! Predictions! I thought there would be a little more defense. Specifically under 49 points worth.

Great game though!

1 Like

More than zero? Each team got 1 turnover, so that nets. I don’t think either team punted.

1 Like

Philly punted once.

Funny how the GOAT coach (according to some) contributed a time out wasted and a time wasting “trick” (no one was fooled) kick off return play before the final drive. I’ll give him GOAT GM maybe…

I hate N=1 extrapolations, but man if any coach deserves the “genius” tag it’s Pederson.

2 Likes

Pederson definetly took care of business.

Is there any info on Brandin Cooks? I hope he doesn’t have any problems after that big hit to the head. He’s an exciting player and seems like a good guy.

Props to fucking Foles. From has-been to Superbowl MVP? Wow!
Game analysis: Patriots defense sucked balls, badly. They needed Butler on that field, but no pass rush sealed their fate.
Eagles did the main thing you have to do to beat Brady, don’t let him play… Few mistakes sure, but just plain terrible defense by the Patriots. They could not get off the field on 3rd down.
The Eagles defense didn’t fare that much better, but they were better enough.

Eagles offense, great play calls and Foles playing the game of his life, Viola! You beat the mighty Patriots…

Now, you’re the Eagles. You have Wentz who was great, and Foles the Super Bowl MVP, what do you do?

His play calls were well designed but the players have to execute. And Foles played out of his mind. The MVP went to the right guy…

Brady had 550 yards and 3 TD’s and 33 points on a top 5 defense. That should win you most games. Pats lost on defense. They allowed 41 points. They could not stop 3rd down all game.

The emperor made the biggest mistake any coach can make during the play-offs. He shook up his defensive roster that was holding teams to an average of 14 points a game in the last half of the season. The Butler debacle upset more than just him and in the end they couldn’t do their jobs.

4 Likes

Pretty accurate assessments pat

1 Like

Thanks man!

So now you’re the Eagle’s coaching and upper management. You have Wentz who balled all season, and you have Foles who is now a Super Bowl Champion and SB MVP. What do you do with who?

Wentz showed he be a damn good QB but had an injury and he could be injury prone. Foles has been both good and bad but more or less healthy and was excellent down the stretch. Who is your QB next year?

Either way you have some amazing trade fodder…it’s not a bad spot to be in

Wentz was injured on a dirty as hell play. Defensive dudes know how to smash QBs who run. Keep Him! Teach Wentz to pick his spots better.

Trade Foles to one of the joker teams for a Number 1 or 2 overalldraft pick.

Wentz is the starter when healthy, I think they should keep Foles. He’s proven to be an exceptional back up so why trade him in a QB deprived league? Especially if management isn’t sure if Wentz will be back 100%…I’m a philly fan and want to be optimistic but tearing an ACL can be a career changer. God forbid Wentz turns into the next Luck and has rehab struggles and disappears for years.
But when Foles was with Philly originally, he did have injury history. Off the top of my head, I think in 2014 (maybe 2015?) he broke his collar bone and Mark Sanchez had to take over. I think it was against the Cowboys.

ANYWAYS keep both

2 Likes

Cleveland would take Foles in a heartbeat. As a Steeler fan I hope they don’t. Dude had icewater in his veins.

Mmmmmmhmmmmmm…

Steelers without Shazier would’ve lost to the eagles no problem. Probably by a larger margin than the Pats. Tomlin would’ve punted on 2nd down or some thing else baffling.

Matter of fact, it’s almost like the eagles were the best team in the NFL this year. Lmao.