2017-2018 NFL Season

Recordgate

2 Likes

Miami is that team for the Pat’s. Them and the Chiefs. The Patriots seem to lose to those to more than anybody else. It’s weird, but I think every team has that one that ruins their party every year. I think every team has a nemesis, that isn’t necessarily a rival, they just have a hard time with them.

Good luck to you guys!

Haha we need it…not sure that Tannehill is “The Future” got decent WRs, a base for a defense, but…QB/RB?

Denver if they’re in mile high too (not sure what the overall record is).

That was the worst the vikings defense has looked in a long time and it was Nick Fucking Foles who made them look silly. Very disappointing showing. They looked disinterested and just happy to be there after the Minneapolis Miracle. Sad.

Yeah, it almost seemed like they left it all on the field against the Saints and forgot to pick it back up. Really, the Vikings just had a bad game. The problem is that a bad game in the play-offs sends you home.
They have a bright future and the best problem a team could have, 3 potential starting QB’s.

I actually think Tannehill’s a pretty solid QB. He’s not sexy like the top 5 in the league, but he’s gotten better every year and that’s a good sign. Except when he is hurt…

I agree, he’s a good quarterback, I’d say top 15, maybe 12, hell maybe even 10. But he seems to be hurt fairly regular, based on that rather than skill it is tough to say he’s the future, at what point do you look at drafting a quarterback, I guess?

When it’s the main spot holding you back? The problem with drafting a QB is you need at least 2 years before you have an inkling of him being any good. Few come out the gate on fire, like Luck and Wilson. Most need time to develop.
So who would you take? Rosen or Mayfield? I think Mayfield is more NFL ready. I don’t see Rosen coming out of the draft starting. At least, not if you want to ruin him. He does not look NFL ready to me at all.

I honestly don’t know, it seems like we’ve got the pieces where they need to be, they just aren’t tuned to run together or something. Absolutely agree on the QB needing to develop, personally I’d like to see them take a kid like Josh Allen (lots of potential upside, understands there is going to be a learning curve) and have him work under Tannehill for 2-3 years and develop.

1 Like

I am not a huge fan of the sport, but living in Maine compels me to declare my wish for the success of my favorite squadron, the Patriots of New England.

I never noticed how odd football fans are until I took a side job as a dive bar bouncer. A LOT of motherfuckers say “we” all the time when discussing football. “We have the best football passer man.” “We need to score more touchdowns to win the game.” “We are going to the super bowl.”

I’m not there to ruin anyone’s good time, nor is it my place to purge them of this idea that they are directly connected to the teams success or failure. I get it their passion think, but I’d still love to say…

“WE are in a bar, THEY are on the field and YOU are one drink away from needing to leave your Geo Metro in the lot and cab it home.”

6 Likes

Superbowl predictions anyone? Mine is 35-24 Patriots. Only way Eagles have a chance is if Ajaiy and Blount keep Brady off the field for like 40 minutes.

Other prediction: James Harrison makes a game sealing strip sack on Foles and I dive through my own TV screaming “screw you Mike Tomlin!”

Eagles 24 - 21

I think it’s going to be relatively low scoring and the better defense will win the game. The Eagles have to be able to pressure Brady without sending an extra man after him.

2 Likes

Defense, ball control, pressuring Brady, All very important.

But if we’re talking about actual-factual Real-Ness, The most important factors in the game will be the last possesion/series before half-time, and the first series coming out in the 3rd quarter.

Yards and points are irrelevant. Whoever wins these two Periods of the game will be set up to win by 1 score at the end. The Patriots usually dominate these crucial portions of the game. One sack by Philly or 1 field goal by the Pats in the middle of the game will decide it.

2 Likes

Randy Moss, In!

1 Like

17-10 Eagles w/ a defensive player as mvp

1 Like

What kind of controversial BS will we see?

Patriots benefiting from 120+ yards of pass interference penalty yards? Eagles touchdown catches overturned by replay?

Titty Dump Outs?

Strategic Power Failures?

1 Like

Will Bellechick summon the fog again?

Refs have swallowed their whistles this post season. I think teams are learning they need to control the ball until next Tuesday if they’re playing the Pats.

Foles executed, Brady didn’t.

Dilly dilly!

1 Like