2015 NFL Season

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Thoughts on Johnny Rehab?[/quote]

Going for the #1 pick, and hopefully be able to lure a quality coach/GM/Pres. of football operations. Hopefully Haslam will back a up a brinks truck to Bill Polian’s house and make a call to his buddy Peyton.

Manziel will get injured before the end of the year. [/quote]

Polian wouldn’t get rid of Manziel, he likes Manziel’s talent at QB. Are you thinking Polian would bring in Peyton to be the QB coach? Because that is the only logical reason anyone would bring him into an organisation at this point.

The Browns will be in position to get a quality RB in the next draft. They are showing they have some skill in their passing game, a legit RB and a 2nd round lineman could do a lot for their success.

The real problem with Cleveland is they are in Cleveland. Any player that emerges as a league best player is going to want to get out of there when free-agency is available to them. Especially with how Manziel has been handled.

It’s been a very long time since I have seen a head coach show such a obvious dislike of a gifted player during a game when that player is giving his team a chance to win. Maybe not since Seifert with Haley. That Cincy game at half-time interview with Pett was mind boggling to me.

Manziel at least showed people, that are being somewhat honest in their evaluation of Manziel, that he can make throws from the pocket. I don’t understand how a “fan” of the Browns can’t help but be excited about watching Manziel play QB for their team for the remainder of the season? Those “fans” don’t have to worry to much about it though, in a few years Manziel will be out of Cleveland. The problem for them is, a few years after that they will be seeing their ex-QB doing his thing in a different uniform
[/quote]

The problem with Clevland is that ownership (and especially Haslam) has sucked and they don’t realize how to run a football franchise.

As for Polian, he is past his prime. There is a reason that even with a very lackluster GM talent pool that he wasn’t and isn’t in hot demand. He single handedly destroyed the Colt’s roster unless you subscribe to the tin foil hat theory that he let the team crumble to get Luck.

[quote]daltron wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

I guess Karma hasn’t struck for Hernandez yet then…[/quote]

He’s in prison for a long, long time. So yeah, I’d say karma struck.
[/quote]

Karma against the team. I think a decade of horrible QB play after Brady will suffice. [/quote]

comparatively speaking - this is a likely scenario … after brady and belichick retire, I’m bracing for a return to sucksville [/quote]

I know right… Shit, even if you count the superbowl in the late 90’s, that’s almost 20 years of success? What’s crazy is other than serviceable years from Dillion, Ridley, Blount, BGE, Smith, Martin (he did it more consistently), we haven’t had a true workhorse back who stayed with us in 20 years. Man, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Maroney’s hype (remember the “He’s a ‘violent’ runner” quote lol).

I joke with my wife that I have to go back to elementary school to remember the last time we sucked and how after Brady/BB retires (Patricia waiting in the wings?) that I will probably be like all those Lion’s fans that just curse all Sunday.
[/quote]

My whole thing with our assistant coaches is how poorly they’ve done independently. Both Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel couldn’t replicate Belichick’s success with other franchises, McDaniel’s was a disaster in Denver lasting what 1.5 seasons or something like that, Billy O’Brien is coaching one of the worst teams (Texans), etc. etc.

Granted they don’t (didn’t) have their Tom Brady (does anyone really?) but I don’t think we’ll ever see anything like this again in terms of sustained winning/dominance anywhere.

The Pats have had ONE losing season under Belichick (with Beldsoe in 2000) and have had only ONE season without double digit wins since 2002 (9-7). Since '94, we’ve only had TWO seasons with a losing record (below .500) - that’s fucking 21 years and, I think, 3 head coaches (Parcells, Carroll, Belichick), all of whom have won at least on Super Bowl in the NFL and have at least been to two.

On top of that, since '94, we’ve only had 4 QBs who have started a game - Beldsoe, Zolak (3), Brady and Cassell. That’s some damn consistency - think about this: there are kids in middle school right now who have never had to experience their football team having a bad season (below .500) or in adulthood (20 year olds) who have not had to endure sustained losing or rebuilding periods.

It’s amazing that for 21 years the Pats have been so damn consistent - I believe Kraft bought the team in '94 - so for the entire time Kraft has owned the franchise they’ve been successful and stable.

Belichick is a great football coach. He is on the level of Parcells, Landry, Walsh, Lombardi, Shula, Reeves, Noll. Some might find it interesting to look at the umbrella some of these coaches fall under.

McDaniels was smart to come back and work under Belichick again. I don’t believe the book is written on McDaniels’ head coaching career. One thing I have noticed with McDaniels and Belichick’s coaching relationship is you can see McDaniels talking to Belichick throughout practices and games often.

[quote]daltron wrote:
The problem with Clevland is that ownership (and especially Haslam) has sucked and they don’t realize how to run a football franchise.
[/quote]

He hired some horrible people to run the franchise.

Farmer is a horrible GM, wasted every first round pick. (Justin Gilbert can not play, Manziel is a backup, danny shelton is a fat blob, Cam Irving is a turnstyle, terance west got cut)

• Joel bitonio, and travis benjamin are the only quality nfl players he’s selected.
  • he screwed indy getting a first round pick back for trent richardson, but that was more indy being stupid.

alec scheiner (pres. of business operations) is being heard for football decisions. Not to mention the hideous uniforms, which Paul Brown must be rolling over in his grave.

Pettine is in over his head, and im guessing he drinks heavily every night.

[quote]mbdix wrote:
Belichick is a great football coach. He is on the level of Parcells, Landry, Walsh, Lombardi, Shula, Reeves, Noll. Some might find it interesting to look at the umbrella some of these coaches fall under.

McDaniels was smart to come back and work under Belichick again. I don’t believe the book is written on McDaniels’ head coaching career. One thing I have noticed with McDaniels and Belichick’s coaching relationship is you can see McDaniels talking to Belichick throughout practices and games often.[/quote]

Good point on the coaching umbrella of the great coaches … almost 2 or 3 degrees of separation where there was no direct working relationship.

I don’t think McDaniels is done as a head coach either … had a bad experience in Denver (like Belichick in Cleveland).

[quote]polo77j wrote:

It’s amazing that for 21 years the Pats have been so damn consistent - I believe Kraft bought the team in '94 - so for the entire time Kraft has owned the franchise they’ve been successful and stable.[/quote]

This entire post just makes the dread of being shitty again even more significant. Thanks Polo. You silly bastard.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

Karma against the team. I think a decade of horrible QB play after Brady will suffice. [/quote]

You know, busting your balls isn’t any fun when you take it serious…

In other news… I think Mariota (however you spell it) might end up a fairly serviceable QB in this league.[/quote]

Lol…

I was in a pissy mood when I typed that. [/quote]

And Flacco is out for the rest of the year. And Forsett is out for the rest of the year.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

In other news… I think Mariota (however you spell it) might end up a fairly serviceable QB in this league.[/quote]

Lol…

And Flacco is out for the rest of the year. And Forsett is out for the rest of the year.

[/quote]

I just saw this. Dude, I’m sorry. I feel like a massive fucking asshole right now. I don’t wish injury on anyone. Not even that cocksucker Tj Ward.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

Lol…

[/quote]

I just saw this. Dude, I’m sorry. I feel like a massive fucking asshole right now. I don’t wish injury on anyone. Not even that cocksucker Tj Ward. [/quote]

Ah shit happen… Atleast we’ll have a high draft pick.

I think what is most surprising is Newsome’s misses this decade. Less than a handful of real impact players and a lot of duds. Still one of the most respected GM’s in the league, but this decade has not been a reflection of that.

[quote]daltron wrote:
I think what is most surprising is Newsome’s misses this decade. Less than a handful of real impact players and a lot of duds. Still one of the most respected GM’s in the league, but this decade has not been a reflection of that.[/quote]

I don’t know about all that. He’s picked some duds for sure, but he’s picked some solid players over the last 10 years too. I’d be surprised if his dud/star ratio is worse than most teams. Mosley, Flacco, Rice, Smith (Torrey & Jimmy), and Ngata are just a handful I can think of that were good picks. Plenty of duds like Matt Elam, but that’s pretty normal I think.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

It’s amazing that for 21 years the Pats have been so damn consistent - I believe Kraft bought the team in '94 - so for the entire time Kraft has owned the franchise they’ve been successful and stable.[/quote]

This entire post just makes the dread of being shitty again even more significant. Thanks Polo. You silly bastard. [/quote]

It’s bound to happen dude - just think, when we’re in our 70s all of the stories we can tell the grandkids about the patriots glory days. Kind of like how the Cowboys fans are now…

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

This entire post just makes the dread of being shitty again even more significant. Thanks Polo. You silly bastard. [/quote]

It’s bound to happen dude - just think, when we’re in our 70s all of the stories we can tell the grandkids about the patriots glory days. Kind of like how the Cowboys fans are now…[/quote]

I don’t think all Cowboys fans are like that. I am going to go ahead and say it. This is my favorite Cowboys team of all time.

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

It’s bound to happen dude - just think, when we’re in our 70s all of the stories we can tell the grandkids about the patriots glory days. Kind of like how the Cowboys fans are now…[/quote]

I don’t think all Cowboys fans are like that. I am going to go ahead and say it. This is my favorite Cowboys team of all time.
[/quote]

haha … neither do I … I was mainly just bustin’ Cowboys fans chops

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[/quote]

haha … neither do I … I was mainly just bustin’ Cowboys fans chops[/quote]

No worries. Gave me a chance to say what I had to say about this team anyways.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]daltron wrote:
I think what is most surprising is Newsome’s misses this decade. Less than a handful of real impact players and a lot of duds. Still one of the most respected GM’s in the league, but this decade has not been a reflection of that.[/quote]

I don’t know about all that. He’s picked some duds for sure, but he’s picked some solid players over the last 10 years too. I’d be surprised if his dud/star ratio is worse than most teams. Mosley, Flacco, Rice, Smith (Torrey & Jimmy), and Ngata are just a handful I can think of that were good picks. Plenty of duds like Matt Elam, but that’s pretty normal I think.
[/quote]

Didn’t the Ravens win the superbowl four years ago?

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]daltron wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

He has made some awesome picks, but I mean specific to this decade only.

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]daltron wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, which is not relevant to “this decade’s picks”.

[quote]daltron wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]daltron wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

He has made some awesome picks, but I mean specific to this decade only.
[/quote]
All those are in the last 10 years. Do you just mean 2010-present. That’s Smith and Mosely at least.

D O U C H E B A G

career backup if he’s lucky.