2015 NFL Season

One game in. Pats looked good. Steelers looked like they can be very good if they don’t make mistakes. Headsets and “Where’s Roger?” are being discussed more than any on-field action. I really hope this season is more football and less TMZ, but I doubt it.

Steelers are last in the division, that’s all I care about.

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:
I really hope this season is more football and less TMZ, but I doubt it.[/quote]

That hope is long gone homie… In today’s America… Not going to happen.

It’s over. The league has less integrity than the average fan. It all started when they priced out the blue collar guys and started trying to make it family friendly and an “upper class” audience.

Football had integrity when it was wasted blue collar people tossing batteries at Santa.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Steelers are last in the division, that’s all I care about. [/quote]

AMEN!!!

Fly, Eagles, Fly!!!

FWIW, I have zero expectations for this season. That way, I can’t be disappointed if the Chip Kelly movement backfires, and I can equally relish in its success (if it were to do so). Either way, it’ll be very interesting to watch this season play out for my birds.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:
I really hope this season is more football and less TMZ, but I doubt it.[/quote]

That hope is long gone homie… In today’s America… Not going to happen. [/quote]

Fuck true fans of the game, it’s all about attracting the “casual viewer”. aka. women, hipster millennials, people who drive social media…

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]JLD2k3 wrote:

That hope is long gone homie… In today’s America… Not going to happen. [/quote]

Fuck true fans of the game, it’s all about attracting the “casual viewer”. aka. women, hipster millennials, people who drive social media… [/quote]

Who the fuck else is gonna buy the Hyundai CXVIII with all leather seats…

[quote]HeyWaj10 wrote:
Fly, Eagles, Fly!!!

FWIW, I have zero expectations for this season. That way, I can’t be disappointed if the Chip Kelly movement backfires, and I can equally relish in its success (if it were to do so). Either way, it’ll be very interesting to watch this season play out for my birds.[/quote]

Segue, I don’t know why Chip Kelly gets so much hate. I think both his approach to sports science and his offensive system are great. Yeah, their defense has been really sub-par (but then again it takes time for roster changes to happen with new regimes) but their offense consistently scores points.

[quote]daltron wrote:

[quote]HeyWaj10 wrote:
Fly, Eagles, Fly!!!

FWIW, I have zero expectations for this season. That way, I can’t be disappointed if the Chip Kelly movement backfires, and I can equally relish in its success (if it were to do so). Either way, it’ll be very interesting to watch this season play out for my birds.[/quote]

Segue, I don’t know why Chip Kelly gets so much hate. I think both his approach to sports science and his offensive system are great. Yeah, their defense has been really sub-par (but then again it takes time for roster changes to happen with new regimes) but their offense consistently scores points.[/quote]
College coach who has not proven it yet in the pro’s man, in the NFL you are not shit until you prove yourself. Or grind out like 40 years like Marino

[quote]daltron wrote:

[quote]HeyWaj10 wrote:
Fly, Eagles, Fly!!!

Segue, I don’t know why Chip Kelly gets so much hate. I think both his approach to sports science and his offensive system are great. Yeah, their defense has been really sub-par (but then again it takes time for roster changes to happen with new regimes) but their offense consistently scores points.[/quote]

With all do respect. Fuck the Eagles

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]daltron wrote:

[quote]HeyWaj10 wrote:
Fly, Eagles, Fly!!!

College coach who has not proven it yet in the pro’s man, in the NFL you are not shit until you prove yourself. Or grind out like 40 years like Marino [/quote]

I think he will get it down. He still has a ways to go (making the playoffs and winning postseason games is important obviously), but it’s hard not to be impressed when the year before Kelly they were 29th in points scored, and his first two seasons they ranked 4th and 3rd.

[quote]daltron wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]daltron wrote:

[quote]HeyWaj10 wrote:
Fly, Eagles, Fly!!!

College coach who has not proven it yet in the pro’s man, in the NFL you are not shit until you prove yourself. Or grind out like 40 years like Marino [/quote]

I think he will get it down. He still has a ways to go (making the playoffs and winning postseason games is important obviously), but it’s hard not to be impressed when the year before Kelly they were 29th in points scored, and his first two seasons they ranked 4th and 3rd.[/quote]
As a Cowboys fan I want to see him fail. But as a Football fan I can respect what he is doing. But I am still in that wait and see what will he do.

Still think he does not have a pro QB (Bradford will get hurt for year just because I brought up his name)

Football is awesome now.

I can watch every game from the couch. Every game is HD, with awesome production values and camera work. Did you guys watch any pre season to see how shitty coverage can be? I can gamble wirelessly. Every stat and highlight is 100% available. The best matchups get moved up to Sunday night. When a game starts, I pause the DVR, and take the dogs out for a minute. Then when I come back, no commercials till half time!

If I go to a bar for some games, everyone there has some angle of football they want to talk about.

All of this is made possible by fantasy football douche bags, and casual fans. Its great.

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
Football is awesome now.

I can watch every game from the couch. Every game is HD, with awesome production values and camera work. Did you guys watch any pre season to see how shitty coverage can be? I can gamble wirelessly. Every stat and highlight is 100% available. The best matchups get moved up to Sunday night. When a game starts, I pause the DVR, and take the dogs out for a minute. Then when I come back, no commercials till half time!

If I go to a bar for some games, everyone there has some angle of football they want to talk about.

All of this is made possible by fantasy football douche bags, and casual fans. Its great.

[/quote]

I agree, that it’s even better now. Plus, the athletes are in better condition, stronger, faster, take better care of their body, and use technology advances to help them recover faster and stay closer to 100% for more of the season.

The rules being implemented to protect players from concussions are great for the long term health of the players. The new age turf is safer, quicker, and looks much better than the old asro-turf. I like the shredded tires showing up on the screen.

I am very happy with the current state of the NFL.

Also, there is now Thursday night football. I think as a league the NFL has done the best job of all the major sports in this country.

All that aside…It is by far the greatest sport on Earth.

Great points!

The athletes and training/recovery are awesome. And we can get all sorts of information about it to try ourselves from guys like Buddy Morris and DeFranco.

I totally forgot about the safety aspect. People talked all kinds of smack when they started protecting players heads. I understand the game is a little less physical, but like you said, it’s totally working.

With the rubber popping off the field you can see if everything is in or out. Its super hype.

Game winning drives used to be mystical and rare. Now there are tons of close finishes.

Shows like “A Football Life” help me hero-worship legendary players. You can see what habits successful players had in common coming up.

Old ass great games like “the Greatest Game ever played” or Brett Favre Monday night after his dad passed are on Tv.

When a game starts, I pause the DVR, and take the dogs out for a minute. Then when I come back, no commercials till half time!

[/quote]

My major complaint is the amount of commercials. It’s utterly ridiculous, and my only hope is that they dont catch on to the fact most sane people do the above to watch a game. Otherwise, it sucks. series-commercial-turnover-commercial-kickoff-commercial-injury-commercial-series-commercial-challege-commercial. Is something happening between these failed attempts to get me to buy some shit i dont need?

Great points!

The athletes and training/recovery are awesome. And we can get all sorts of information about it to try ourselves from guys like Buddy Morris and DeFranco.

I totally forgot about the safety aspect. People talked all kinds of smack when they started protecting players heads. I understand the game is a little less physical, but like you said, it’s totally working.

With the rubber popping off the field you can see if everything is in or out. Its super hype.

Game winning drives used to be mystical and rare. Now there are tons of close finishes.

Shows like “A Football Life” help me hero-worship legendary players. You can see what habits successful players had in common coming up.

Old ass great games like “the Greatest Game ever played” or Brett Favre Monday night after his dad passed are on Tv.
[/quote]

I agree with all this. They are starting to use real virtual reality systems to get more work on pre-snap reads and coverages. Not the gimmicky crap either. Real life, happening right now in a locker room, real virtual reality.

It’s fucking awesome how good fans have it today.

Could you imagine rushing out Monday morning to get a paper and check the box scores?

Or having to wait until Monday Night of week 13 to see that up and coming player who plays for a team thats never on your station?!

Or a Black Out, because your team didn’t sell enough tickets?!

another commercial rant.

Every other commercial is for stupid fantasy crap, but i cant make a simple online bet for a team to cover the spread. fuck you fantasy gambling