2015 NFL Off Season

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
I’m calling it early, Browns go out on a limb and get Dorial Green Beckham and Winston in 1st round.[/quote]

I dont know much about beckham, but i’d take Winston. He may be a knucklehead, but he atleast has the skills to play in the nfl (unlike the previous knucklehead-drunk-douche qb we took last year)

I would like to think the Browns learned their lesson and will force adult supervision at all time with knucklehead players from now on.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Incognito to sign with the bills[/quote]

Hallelujah. Needed a guard so bad. Current vets will keep him in line.

I don’t like that the Bills have yet to sign Hughes. Makes me think he wants too much money, and will likely play elsewhere next year. Whaley did well last year letting Byrd go (which at the time I was not happy about), but we’ll see how things go if Hughes hits the open market.

Quite a few decent pass rushers available this year with JPP, Greg Hardy, and Hughes all due will be interesting to see the dollars getting tossed around. KC is gonna have to bite the big one on Justin Houston for sure. Wondering if someone might not get a deal on Hardy though. And if Hughes isn’t in Buffalo lining up next to Williams / Williams / Darius I don’t think he’s gonna see the same production, but I don’t think he’s easy to replace either.

He’s just the right fit with the other guys. Speaking of which it pisses me off the Bills haven’t signed Darius to an extension yet. They’ll wait until next year when his rookie deal expires because that’s their way, but it is a mistake to do so. Kids been getting better every season, and is only going to get more expensive next year. If I were GM I’d be trying to lock him down LONG term, and before Suh gets his deal, because whatever Suh gets, Darius will get as much or more. Gilmore is due a contract next year as well, and I’d be locking him in long term as well. He’s finally learning how to be physical without getting flagged, and is barely in the tier below Revis / Sherman.

Speaking of Revis, whats the Pats cap situation like? Odds they pay him that goofy second year jackpot? Whats the word in Boston Beans?

This is a joke, but it’s also very close to the truth around here.

ESPN Cleveland expects the NFL to “come down hard” on the Browns for embattled GM Ray Farmer allegedly texting in playcalls to the sidelines.
Characterizing this an “Offseason from Hell,” beat writer Tony Grossi expects the Browns to face some “combination of fines, suspensions or draft choices taken away.” Johnny Manziel is in rehab, Josh Gordon is already done for 2015, OC Kyle Shanahan essentially quit due to organizational dysfunction, and 2014 No. 8 overall pick Justin Gilbert already looks like a lost cause. And now the Browns may lose 2015 draft choices.
Source: ESPN Cleveland Feb 8 - 10:44 AM

Wait we know the NFL only comes down hard on the Pats. This can’t be true

What kind of advantage is there to be gained there? GM bitching at coaches about play calls during games seems like more of a disadvantage to me.

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:
What kind of advantage is there to be gained there? GM bitching at coaches about play calls during games seems like more of a disadvantage to me.[/quote]

I agree it sounds like if anything it’s probably incredibly annoying

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I’ve been hearing rumors of Mark Ingram going to Dallas, letting Murray leave via Free Agency is the right thing to do. I just can’t see him staying healthy next year and in today’s NFL rb has become very replaceable. Gotta show Dez the money.

I do hope my jets go after CJ spiller, teamed with ivory in the backfield would be an awesome combo[/quote]

I would not complain seeing Ingram in Dallas for the right price. [/quote]
Agreed. I think our system would be better for Ingram, I had high hopes for him and that has not come to fruition.

[quote]silverblood wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]silverblood wrote:
Hey Derek542, are the Cowboys going to draft smart again this year or is Jerry going to be involved?[/quote]
God I dont know, we need DL bad, lets hope Stephen and Marinneli will take over. [/quote]
You follow this site?
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/[/quote]
I have been on there time to time. My problem is most Boys fans are just way to “fanboy” for me, they have no logic and run off of emotion. Hard to have a legit discussion.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
I’m calling it early, Browns go out on a limb and get Dorial Green Beckham and Winston in 1st round.[/quote]

I dont know much about beckham, but i’d take Winston. He may be a knucklehead, but he atleast has the skills to play in the nfl (unlike the previous knucklehead-drunk-douche qb we took last year)

I would like to think the Browns learned their lesson and will force adult supervision at all time with knucklehead players from now on. [/quote]

Green-Beckham is a physical beast but is basically Josh Gordon’s mirror image in the behavior realm.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
ESPN Cleveland expects the NFL to “come down hard” on the Browns for embattled GM Ray Farmer allegedly texting in playcalls to the sidelines.
Characterizing this an “Offseason from Hell,” beat writer Tony Grossi expects the Browns to face some “combination of fines, suspensions or draft choices taken away.” Johnny Manziel is in rehab, Josh Gordon is already done for 2015, OC Kyle Shanahan essentially quit due to organizational dysfunction, and 2014 No. 8 overall pick Justin Gilbert already looks like a lost cause. And now the Browns may lose 2015 draft choices.
Source: ESPN Cleveland Feb 8 - 10:44 AM

Wait we know the NFL only comes down hard on the Pats. This can’t be true [/quote]

Kyle Shananhan made a 30+ page powerpoint he presented to be let go from the team. It’s a trainwreck in Berea

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:

Speaking of Revis, whats the Pats cap situation like? Odds they pay him that goofy second year jackpot? Whats the word in Boston Beans?[/quote]

I don’t see them cutting him, lol. And I’m sure he wants a repeat chance, which isn’t coming in either NY team. (No QB’s.)

It’s really a matter of if he is still $ fist winning second, or if, at his age, winning and the HOF are more important than $.

He knows as much as anyone that he was a cornerstone of this ring. We’ll see what he does with it.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Wait we know the NFL only comes down hard on the Pats. This can’t be true [/quote]

I never said anything about the league. I said the butthurt fans.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

I never said anything about the league. I said the butthurt fans. [/quote]

I assume you are including me in the “butthurt” department, I have always given your team credit, but Pat fans with blinders on, like to take on the woe is us stuff, when yes when you are on top you are of course a target, in any sport, its not exclusive to the pats. I firmly believe that the Pats like to toe the line and step over what is considered gamemanship and cheating.

Ironically they probably dont need to do this, but their overwhelming hubris causes them to do this. Not to mention Kraft being one of the more influential owners.

All in all this will be swept under the rug because they ARE the pats.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

I assume you are including me in the “butthurt” department, [/quote]

Nah… You’re a New York fan. You should be frothing at the mouth to talk shit, lol.

After all the hating collective Boston fans did on the Yankees for about 80 something years… You have a lot fo room to shit talk.

But anyway, no more hyjacks from me.

Tampa releases McCown. That leaves the Bucs with an immediate need for a QB and a more difficult decision for Chip Kelly.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
Tampa releases McCown. That leaves the Bucs with an immediate need for a QB and a more difficult decision for Chip Kelly.[/quote]
Jamarcus Winston

Sorry but this has Raiders bust written all over it

Tampa releases McCown. That leaves the Bucs with an immediate need for a QB and a more difficult decision for Chip Kelly.[/quote]

Winston & Mariotta are closer then most think. Most say it’s a coin toss & the combine will separate one of the two. If Winston is number 1, then Mariotta falls towards the Jets. Now the question becomes what is Chip willing to give up? Picks, & I mean all picks. Or… throw McCoy in w/the Eagles pick?

At this point all we can do is ponder & wish.

[quote]print wrote:

Winston & Mariotta are closer then most think. Most say it’s a coin toss & the combine will separate one of the two. If Winston is number 1, then Mariotta falls towards the Jets. Now the question becomes what is Chip willing to give up? Picks, & I mean all picks. Or… throw McCoy in w/the Eagles pick?

At this point all we can do is ponder & wish.[/quote]
Well its not Manning and Ryan Leaf, but it could be.

Sorry man but Winston is going to be Johnny Football 2.0 or Jamarcus Russell 2.0

If he couldnt stay in line in college, shit you give him millions he is going to make it rain.

What’s the over/under on Winston’s Wonderlic score?