2014 Resolutions Results

Ok codgers, how was 2014 for you? My goals shifted dramatically because I joined a gym that has all the strongman equipment an old guy could want and it pained me to see it sit around quietly.

My 2014 goals were:
“315lb bench
400lb dl
375lb squat
Get myself under 300lbs, currently 330lbs.”

Bench–I stopped benching because over head pressing is the best thing since sliced bread…and it makes my shoulders ache every time I look at a bench.

Deadlift–soooo close, but the year is not over yet. I bombed out at 385 lat week, but I was a ball of stress wrapped in a bad diet. I think 400 or 405 (cause 4 plates is cool)is still doable in 2014.

Squat–again, I am ignoring the squat right now, but I front squat a lot because it is better for strongman training. I think with some practice 375 is attainable, but I developed some new goals.

Weight–again, so close! I hit 306 during the summer and again in the fall. I got sidetracked because I did my first Strongman competition so I went on a see-food diet to grow as much as I could in the short time I had. I am still the thinnest I have been in a long time, and visibly stronger, so I’ll take it.

New 2014 goals.

135lb OHP–I actually thought this was on my list from last year, I hit it last week…finally.

180lb log clean and press–also recently hit 2 weeks ago.

275lb atlas stone–this would but me on the board in the Masters’ class at the gym. I am waiting to attempt it until I am officially in Master’s…very soon.

Here is the link to the old thread, so, if you’re a long-timer or new to Over 35 crowd, what where your resolutions or goals for 2014, and how did you do?

Let’s see. My lifting goals when I started my log were…

315 bench. Got 300 a few months ago. I may be good for 315 now, but I don’t think I’m going to try a max before the end of the year. Fail.

405 squat. I do that for reps now, and got 465 this summer. A good lesson in not getting too caught up with numbers when you can just worry about adding weight to the bar every week. A big success.

545 deadlift. I’ve pulled that several times now and did 565 once too. Success.

Diet and fat loss goals.

My goal was 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week. That did not happen at all. I gained about 10 pounds this year but my clothes are looser than they were at the end of last winter. Not a success by that measure, but I’m happy to be making progress towards a better body composition after a lifetime of neglecting myself.

Onward and upward for 2015!

Mine was to get my shoulder repaired and get my bench back up in the 400 plus range…GOT IT. :slight_smile:

Update, I hit my 405 deadlift! Next stop…275 lb atlas stone and 5 plates on the DL in 2015.

I can’t believe with all the logs going on in here that there isn’t more resolution busting in here.

Mine was NOT to have a MI and die.

Done, like a boss