T Nation

2014 Resolutions Results

Ok codgers, how was 2014 for you? My goals shifted dramatically because I joined a gym that has all the strongman equipment an old guy could want and it pained me to see it sit around quietly.

My 2014 goals were:
"315lb bench
400lb dl
375lb squat
Get myself under 300lbs, currently 330lbs."

Bench--I stopped benching because over head pressing is the best thing since sliced bread...and it makes my shoulders ache every time I look at a bench.

Deadlift--soooo close, but the year is not over yet. I bombed out at 385 lat week, but I was a ball of stress wrapped in a bad diet. I think 400 or 405 (cause 4 plates is cool)is still doable in 2014.

Squat--again, I am ignoring the squat right now, but I front squat a lot because it is better for strongman training. I think with some practice 375 is attainable, but I developed some new goals.

Weight--again, so close! I hit 306 during the summer and again in the fall. I got sidetracked because I did my first Strongman competition so I went on a see-food diet to grow as much as I could in the short time I had. I am still the thinnest I have been in a long time, and visibly stronger, so I'll take it.

New 2014 goals.

135lb OHP--I actually thought this was on my list from last year, I hit it last week...finally.

180lb log clean and press--also recently hit 2 weeks ago.

275lb atlas stone--this would but me on the board in the Masters' class at the gym. I am waiting to attempt it until I am officially in Master's...very soon.

Here is the link to the old thread, so, if you're a long-timer or new to Over 35 crowd, what where your resolutions or goals for 2014, and how did you do?

Let’s see. My lifting goals when I started my log were…

315 bench. Got 300 a few months ago. I may be good for 315 now, but I don’t think I’m going to try a max before the end of the year. Fail.

405 squat. I do that for reps now, and got 465 this summer. A good lesson in not getting too caught up with numbers when you can just worry about adding weight to the bar every week. A big success.

545 deadlift. I’ve pulled that several times now and did 565 once too. Success.

Diet and fat loss goals.

My goal was 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week. That did not happen at all. I gained about 10 pounds this year but my clothes are looser than they were at the end of last winter. Not a success by that measure, but I’m happy to be making progress towards a better body composition after a lifetime of neglecting myself.

Onward and upward for 2015!

Mine was to get my shoulder repaired and get my bench back up in the 400 plus range…GOT IT. :slight_smile:

Update, I hit my 405 deadlift! Next stop…275 lb atlas stone and 5 plates on the DL in 2015.

I can’t believe with all the logs going on in here that there isn’t more resolution busting in here.

Mine was NOT to have a MI and die.

Done, like a boss