2014 Olympia

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
excited.

friend is competing - last years #2 physique competitor - tycie coppett.
frustrated that many folks can’t begin to believe that certain O competitors are natural. women like DLB and few others can be natural. 120-150lbs on stage naturally for a woman isn’t a blinding feat.

tycie is much taller than DLB and her x frame is nicer - she remains oddly unknown, full time educator, believe she is finishing her doctorate degree while going the show. her delts particularly from he rear are siiick.

again hoping for Kai - it appears he’s going big this year. if he can stay tight and small in the abs 2012 but be freaky big overall he might fair ok…he needs to be 100% nut case shredded to win. if he does this he can beat a 100% phil.

Agreed Ramy needs to get his condition sick to even be mentioned in the top. looking forward to seeing Wolf. Dexter looks beefed up size wise as well.

Any word on Rolley??? he was getting bigger and better until the bike wreck.

no interest in the other stuff - i hope Garcia - fitness, hangs it up, she’s great and all but old and dried out looking, the last few years have been gifts to her.

wilkens looks sick this year- happy to see her in great condition…i suppose care about the other divisions a bit.

212 - i like jose but nobody is beating flex.[/quote]

Its crazy to me that people still try to argue DLB is natty. [/quote]

x2, quite comical, she definitely busts her ass though so not taking anything away from her whatsoever, i personally think she looks great, however i don’t know what any of her competitors look like.

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

excited.

frustrated that many folks can’t begin to believe that certain O competitors are natural. women like DLB and few others can be natural. 120-150lbs on stage naturally for a woman isn’t a blinding feat.

tycie is much taller than DLB and her x frame is nicer - she remains oddly unknown, full time educator, believe she is finishing her doctorate degree while going the show. her delts particularly from he rear are siiick.

again hoping for Kai - it appears he’s going big this year. if he can stay tight and small in the abs 2012 but be freaky big overall he might fair ok…he needs to be 100% nut case shredded to win. if he does this he can beat a 100% phil.

Agreed Ramy needs to get his condition sick to even be mentioned in the top. looking forward to seeing Wolf. Dexter looks beefed up size wise as well.

no interest in the other stuff - i hope Garcia - fitness, hangs it up, she’s great and all but old and dried out looking, the last few years have been gifts to her.

wilkens looks sick this year- happy to see her in great condition…i suppose care about the other divisions a bit.

x2, quite comical, she definitely busts her ass though so not taking anything away from her whatsoever, i personally think she looks great, however i don’t know what any of her competitors look like.
[/quote]

Yeah, i dont take anything away from anyone. Its not meant to be an insult or a way of discrediting anyone, i have no issue with steroid use, i just cant get over how some people can deny it when its so obvious.

And i dont understand why people care to argue it, as if that would make her so much more awesome somehow.

Personally i think her and everyone she shares the stage with just look awful, but thats because i dont care to judge female physique competitors by anything other than how hot they are lol.

excited.

[/quote]

x3

All aboard the hate train!

just curious why you think dlb looks “awful” [/quote]

you tell me

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

you tell me[/quote]

Those legs…

definitely legs but once she leans out i think they will look better, they do look odd though

definitely legs but once she leans out i think they will look better, they do look odd though[/quote]

I guess…

perhaps “awful” wasn’t the best word to describe her physique… but there were definitely better physiques in last year’s Olympia

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

you tell me[/quote]

Her lugs are just awful, everything about them is just ugly

Lies and slander! Some awesome bro started a thread ages ago 2014 Mr Olympia - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation

excited.

[/quote]

Yeah, i dont take anything away from anyone. Its not meant to be an insult or a way of discrediting anyone, i have no issue with steroid use, i just cant get over how some people can deny it when its so obvious.

And i dont understand why people care to argue it, as if that would make her so much more awesome somehow.

Personally i think her and everyone she shares the stage with just look awful, but thats because i dont care to judge female physique competitors by anything other than how hot they are lol. [/quote]

my feelings exactly besides the awful part, but even harder for me to judge would be the bakini competitors, i think if i was a judge id be like ok you all win lol

I don’t dislike DLB (although I’m pretty sick of every bikini/figure girl littering cyberspace with their duck-faced pics in homage to their idol), but in looking at the first Women’s Physique Olympia, I do think that the possibility of her very large following might have had something to do with her beating women who easily presented package that much better fit the criteria put forth by the IFBB.

S

excited.

Out at DLB possibly being natty

Roelly is by far my favorite bodybuilder of the current crop. But in his last competition after the accident he looked too flat and small…like when “grandma” used to train (over-train) him going into a show. I too am interested in how he is looking and how he fares against the rest of the line-up.

Rhoden in my opinion has no back. Compared to the others I mean. Beautiful shape, excellent front…but turn around and he’s lost it already. Curious to see if he can bring the back up because that is all he is really missing I think.

Heath is ridiculous…he will be very difficult to beat. The combination of size, conditioning, and a very blessed genetics for muscle belly length and volume is tough to get over. His pecs (to me) look a bit off, and there is always that talk of shoulder width, but he overcomes alot of that with sheer muscle mass. I don’t like Phil’s arrogance, but some do. I am rooting against him because I’d like to see a shake up, but I don’t think that will happen.

I’ve never liked Kai’s physique. But I like Kai’s personality and demeanor. I think the mistakes he has made in the past shouldn’t govern the present. Video and pics I’ve seen of him recently do indeed point to him going the mass route, and I’m afraid this may detract from the nice shape he was bringing to the contest the last couple of years. But against Phil, you have to bring something extra to the game, and sheer mass coupled with conditioning “might” overcome Phil’s genetic blessings.

Wolf just looks weird to me in some poses. His front double biceps looks off to me. In the offseason when he is full, he looks awesome. When he overdiets (like he has been in my opinion), he looks really strange.

ok fine…

i touched on the dlb physique thing quick. she steps on stage at like 125lbs - not really HUGE for 5’4",

folks just saying – i can look and tell 100% if someone is natty or not – utter bullshit, you can’t fucking tell definitely in all instances.

either way. still rooting for Kai to nail his conditioning and win, i won’t hold my breath.

ok fine…

i touched on the dlb physique thing quick. she steps on stage at like 125lbs - not really HUGE for 5’4",

folks just saying – i can look and tell 100% if someone is natty or not – utter bullshit, you can’t fucking tell definitely in all instances.
[/quote]

her legs would lead me to believe that she is unnatural.

it would appear that something very artificial was injected into them at some point in time

ok fine…

either way. still rooting for Kai to nail his conditioning and win, i won’t hold my breath. [/quote]

I agree with you about Kai at least. I think 99% of the year he is the best bodybuilder in the world right now.

The problem is that very important 1% of the year when the O comes around he doesnt pull it all together.

I agree with you about Kai at least. I think 99% of the year he is the best bodybuilder in the world right now.

The problem is that very important 1% of the year when the O comes around he doesnt pull it all together. [/quote]

This. When it first started coming down to Phil n Kai a few years back, we all knew that Kai was larger overall. Phil had much publicized (criticized?) structural issues, and despite having what some saw as a more pleasing physique, some groups expected him to fade next to his larger adversary.

Of course Kai’s conditioning is never something you can count on, and his posing,… and I’m not talking his “unique” posing routines, I mean the way he hits his mandatories, doesn’t do him any favors.

If ever there was a guy who had all the tools but just couldn’t get it done, it’s Kai.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

The problem is that very important 1% of the year when the O comes around he doesnt pull it all together. [/quote]

This. When it first started coming down to Phil n Kai a few years back, we all knew that Kai was larger overall. Phil had much publicized (criticized?) structural issues, and despite having what some saw as a more pleasing physique, some groups expected him to fade next to his larger adversary.

Of course Kai’s conditioning is never something you can count on, and his posing,… and I’m not talking his “unique” posing routines, I mean the way he hits his mandatories, doesn’t do him any favors.

If ever there was a guy who had all the tools but just couldn’t get it done, it’s Kai.

S[/quote]
Regardless of all that do you think they’d even let him win anyways? As far as posterboys go the suits much prefer Phil to Kai.

I’ve given up on Kai beating Phil, even at the Arnold Classic Europe when Kai looked better in comparison than he did at the Olympia he still lost.

I used to root for Phil when he lost to Kai at the Arnold and Jay at the Olympia in 2010 but ever since he won his first Sandow I find him just overly arrogant.

Hopefully he doesn’t reach Lee Haney and Ronnie Colemans record but at this rate I don’t see anyone stopping him.

Looking forward to seeing Big Ramy, hopefully he makes top 6 so we can see him side by side with the likes of Phil and Kai.

As much as I like David Henry and prefer his physique, Flex has the 212 in the bag.

Jeremy Buendia for the Physique category, don’t know how on earth Mark Anthony placed top 3 last year talk less of winning it.