T Nation

2014 NHL Thread

wiziwig.tv for the non-cable people. The quality isn’t the greatest but you can still watch the game.

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

[quote]twojarslave wrote:
Bruins win season opener. Our new goon up from Providence, who got a spot on the team over some actual hockey players, got into a fight. Boston Strong!

I don’t have cable at my home, so my only option is going to the neighborhood bar to watch the game. Doing so puts me at odds with my health and fitness goals, so I stayed home like a chump and hit my macros. Such a sad state of affairs.

On that topic, does anyone know of a way that I could get local NESN coverage of Bruins games without buying cable or watching some grainy bootleg stream with a gazillion pop-up ads? Paying for cable is dumb for us, as we don’t watch much TV, but we love our hockey.

But yes, Bruins win season opener, presently on a trajectory for a perfect season.[/quote]

Loved it. I do miss Thorty though as he could play as well as fight, but we’ll see what Bobby does. Tuukka is still solid as ever which is awesome.

I think NHL Gamecenter Live let’s you watch games although it does cost $.

Edit: Bruins over the Blackhawks in six[/quote]

Rask made some spectacular saves. Fortunately not enough though.

Only watched the first period of last night’s game, then switched to football. The team looks good though considering it’s this early in the season. Detroit is a team to watch out for - they were playing with half a team at the end of last season and made an amazing run to get into the playoffs. Worst thing about the new conferences is that they don’t play CHI as much anymore and I loved that rivalry.

Glad to see the talk of a winter classic game in FL was just a rumor:

Dan Boyle breaks his fucking hand during his Rangers debut. On a good note its awesome to see Rick Nash start hot. Also love seeing Chris Kreider playing well. Easily my favorite young player.

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:
Dan Boyle breaks his fucking hand during his Rangers debut. On a good note its awesome to see Rick Nash start hot. Also love seeing Chris Kreider playing well. Easily my favorite young player.[/quote]

I saw him when he was up here with the Wolf Pack, made the rest of the players look like High Schoolers and his speed is second to none.

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

Dan Boyle breaks his fucking hand during his Rangers debut. On a good note its awesome to see Rick Nash start hot. Also love seeing Chris Kreider playing well. Easily my favorite young player.[/quote]

I saw him when he was up here with the Wolf Pack, made the rest of the players look like High Schoolers and his speed is second to none.[/quote]

One of my good buddies is friends with him. Was going to get us in the locker room last year when the Rangers played the Hurricanes but he ended up getting his ass chewed out by Vigneault for taking a stupid penalty and had to get straight on the bus.

[quote]PaddyM wrote:

I saw him when he was up here with the Wolf Pack, made the rest of the players look like High Schoolers and his speed is second to none.[/quote]

One of my good buddies is friends with him. Was going to get us in the locker room last year when the Rangers played the Hurricanes but he ended up getting his ass chewed out by Vigneault for taking a stupid penalty and had to get straight on the bus.[/quote]

That sucks, hopefully you can get a chance to do it this year.
One of the games I was at when he was in Hartford, I was with a buddy who is a Rangers fan and he got his NYR jersey signed by him - He was wicked down to earth and friendly. He seemed to loved interacting with the fans which is always fun to see.

It’s still pretty warm here so it seems like the season came around sooner this year.

Bruins are Playing the Capitals tonight. Always loved Ovechkin. This video made the rounds this week:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11657866

FYI…I got NHL gamecenter for $99 and am using unblock-us to make it where I can watch all the local Stars games.

The Devils are 2-0 without Marty on the team.

Patric Hornqvist is a stud.

May not be the show, but my favorite tender of all time just got signed to my home town, Toledo. Jeff Lerg signed with Toledo’s ECHL team, the Walleye over the offseason, and I can’t wait to see him play again. They are the farm team to the griffins/ wings.

Bruins are finally showing some signs of life. Torey Krug is a really fun player to watch. I get the feeling that something special is going to happen every time he touches the puck.

Weird Wings game last night. They were pretty flat playing the Penguins, down 3-1 with a couple of minutes left. Pulled the goaltender TWICE and scored both times to tie it. Ended up winning in OT on a game they shouldn’t have won.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Weird Wings game last night. They were pretty flat playing the Penguins, down 3-1 with a couple of minutes left. Pulled the goaltender TWICE and scored both times to tie it. Ended up winning in OT on a game they shouldn’t have won.[/quote]

Such a crazy ending to that game.

Also Nashville is playing really well. Who the fuck saw that coming.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Weird Wings game last night. They were pretty flat playing the Penguins, down 3-1 with a couple of minutes left. Pulled the goaltender TWICE and scored both times to tie it. Ended up winning in OT on a game they shouldn’t have won.[/quote]

Yeah, that one was crazy. I love it when those two teams get together.

Also, the Pens power play. Legit.

My Stars have lost 6 in a row :frowning: I did not expect this!

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
My Stars have lost 6 in a row :frowning: I did not expect this![/quote]

I don’t think anyone expected the current standings in the Central right now

^ The curse of Jason Spezza. The sens are leap and bounds better without the famous drifter who only looks good against teams with decrepit D. I can’t wait for things to get rolling and the teams start to find their chemistry again. The islanders and Chicago are looking studly. I believe the kings will hang around and steal the cup from boston this year. San jose chokes, again, the sens are kicked out in first round by the devils and toronto implodes at the end of the season… again.

I also might add that Eric staal is one of the best players to see live, he is a dominant player.

Sick hip check from our new guy Jason Demers!