2014 NFL Thread III

[quote]ddot76 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Beans wrote:
We have kids on gear in high school, given it by their coach… [/quote]

Ya, and that’s horse shit too. Why do kids take gear? Because Mark McGuire did and he made millions for it. [/quote]

It’s a little short-sighted to blame McGuire or any PED user for kids taking gear.

Kids take gear with the hopes it can take them to that status, where they’re put up on a pedastal and glorified as mythical gods until they’re caught and society can swiftly destroy the legs on said pedastal and enjoy the tumble from grace these superstars encounter.

As much as we love to build our heroes up, we love it more when we get to tear them down.

If you need proof, google DeflateGate, BALCO, Lance Armstrong, etc.[/quote]

I didn’t blame Mark McGuire for kids steroid use…

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

So because maybe I did 35 in a 30 this morning I can’t point out bullshit when I see it or expect people to be held accountable for their actions? That’s just plain silly Beans.

[/quote]

No that isn’t what I mean, and I should have mentioned I’m having this conversation in multiple places. They are bleeding together.

My general point is stop holding some to a higher standard than others, and if people refuse, glass houses an all that. [/quote]

Okay, I won’t. The next time game balls are deflated post approval by the officials I’ll make sure and give that organization hell too. [/quote]

It isn’t even you man. I love your posts, I like your perspective and I know the team you root for is rotten so it isn’t like you’re being a hypocrite. (And it is being alleged there was tampering, we don’t have proof yet.)

Just… Google the amount of stories on ball pressure right now. Then google how much time is devoted to Hollywood… And then think about what we could accomplish if this much effort was put into something productive. [/quote]

Oh I completely agree. More people will voice their opinion about ballgate or deflagate or wtf we’re calling it than vote in the next Presidential election. I’m on board, our priorities in this country are way out of wack.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
Rate the Head Coaching changes:

Bills: Marrone out, Ryan in, B-[/quote]

I feel like this is the best move so far in the coach movement area. That D is going to win them games. All they need is a serviceable offense to go 8-8, add in a little bit of talent and they are playoff bound.

I think he does okay, and Carr is legit. [/quote]

This makes me chuckle when Ryan’s jets got their ass handed to them by Marrones bills this year. Ryan is what he is a DC with an HC title.

Certainly don’t understand why the Bowles hiring gets a C and Ryan gets a B. If anything Bowles is a true TBD

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Agree with Beans on the lack of integrity in professional sports, even in college sports.

Behind the scenes, these people really don’t give a flying fuck, so long as the money keep flowing in.

Every team has a “janitor,” someone who cleans up the mess. Not a guy who mops floors or scrubs toilets, but someone knows how to issue damage control with regard to the law or the media if the situation calls for it.

Players are instructed to call him, not their mother or lawyer, at any time of the day or night. Just shut your mouth and let the janitor handle it.

This is as open and blatant as corruption in politics, it’s just seen as acceptable because everyone does it. [/quote]

With the way the media (yes this 100% media driven) is going crazy with under inflated balls it makes me wonder if our glorious leader obamao said anything interesting (ie. wants to do some crazy shit) in the state of the union, and this is just keeping all that out of the daily conversation.

^ dont mean to thread jack and yes, my tin foil hat is on.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

You are going to rot in hell for your loose morals, Beans. Your time is coming.
[/quote]

lmao…

You know it’s funny, the more this drags on, the more I do see it is a “cultural issue” for us as a nation. It goes well beyond the Pats, their balls and my fandom.

If the superbowl was today I wouldn’t even watch it. And football is the only sport I watch anymore.

I’m disgusted. With the team, with the media, with the league, with the fans (including myself), with the players, with all of it.

I, no we, we care way too much about sports. [/quote]

It’s all about perspective I love sports as an escape from my reality but am totally aware my reality comes first. It’s a football thread for chrisakes . It’s appropriate for this thread. Don’t understand why people can’t compartmentalize issues instead of swearing it all has to meld together

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

I feel like this is the best move so far in the coach movement area. That D is going to win them games. All they need is a serviceable offense to go 8-8, add in a little bit of talent and they are playoff bound.

This makes me chuckle when Ryan’s jets got their ass handed to them by Marrones bills this year. Ryan is what he is a DC with an HC title.

Certainly don’t understand why the Bowles hiring gets a C and Ryan gets a B. If anything Bowles is a true TBD
[/quote]

Getting beat this year doesn’t concern me nearly as much as last year, when I seem to recall Ryan took the Jets out for wings at Hooters or some shit instead of practice the week they played in Buffalo. Don’t remember the exact story but remember it was dumb.

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

Getting beat this year doesn’t concern me nearly as much as last year, when I seem to recall Ryan took the Jets out for wings at Hooters or some shit instead of practice the week they played in Buffalo. Don’t remember the exact story but remember it was dumb.[/quote]

This happens all the time and is not exclusive to Ryan . Many coaches in an effort to create a diversion, get some modicum of unity within the team or simply to give the players a break will have retarded shit like bowling nights or in this case hooters night

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

As a Pats fan, the Ryan hiring wasn’t ideal. If I was a Bills fan, and I know a few given they’re the closest team to me, I’d feel pretty good about the hiring.

Their D-Line is top notch. You need only look at the fact that 3 of them were selected to the Pro Bowl. They get Kiki Alonso back, who IMO is just under the calibre of player a Luke Kuechly is. They had an OK secondary. Rex can do some damage with that, maybe pick up something for the secondary (although drafting DB’s has never been his strong point).

As Beans alluded to, if they can find a way to avg 20pt/g, they’re in the playoffs. Look at Arizona (19.4) and Detroit (20.1) this year. Both relied heavily on D and a positive give/take number with below average offenses.

Bowles for sure is a TBD. Solid DL to work with. He doesn’t have the secondary in NY that he had in AZ though and we’ll see what he and Chan Gailey can do on Offense.

Ultimately success for both comes down to how their QB, whomever it ends up being, performs.

FUCK JOHN FOOTBALL

GET THE FUCK OUT OF CLEVELAND YOU SCUMBAG PIECE OF SHIT.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

FUCK JOHN FOOTBALL

GET THE FUCK OUT OF CLEVELAND YOU SCUMBAG PIECE OF SHIT. [/quote]
lol shocking.
Sorry man, I really do feel for you. This could have been my Boys dealing with this little twat.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

FUCK JOHN FOOTBALL

lol shocking.
Sorry man, I really do feel for you. This could have been my Boys dealing with this little twat. [/quote]

That’s the future MVP you’re talking about, lol…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

FUCK JOHN FOOTBALL

lol shocking.
Sorry man, I really do feel for you. This could have been my Boys dealing with this little twat. [/quote]

That’s the future MVP you’re talking about, lol…[/quote]
That kid is not even smart enough to go into announcing when he busts.

He is destined for a trailer park with a local bar slut raising white trash kids.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

I’ve blown off about 3-4 days of real work this week working on Pinewood Derby cars for me and my boy. With all the shit I bought tool-wise and the time, it would have been cheaper to buy the kid a real car. Lol.

[/quote]

To me that isn’t about sports. It’s about hanging out with your kids.

I spent over $500 in two weeks last July going shooting with my Boy while on vacation. [/quote]

Yah, the time with the boy has been really awesome. But I still also can’t deny I really, really want to win. Hehe.
[/quote]

I told the wife we needed a few tools for the project but I am not sure she understood exactly what I meant.

"On that Tuesday, Manziel stood in front of about 20 media members and outlined his plan to become the Browns’ answer at quarterback. He wanted to be “the guy” for Cleveland, he said, and would do so by taking his job more seriously. He was more animated than he’d been all year, eager to declare his intentions.

Four days later, stories in the Browns’ facility began to circulate. Manziel was not present the morning before the season finale. Team security drove to Manziel’s downtown home to check on him. The Browns were packing up for the season finale at Baltimore on Dec. 28.

Two team sources said security found a player who they felt clearly had partied hard the night before. One source used the words “drunk off his a–.” "

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

I’ve blown off about 3-4 days of real work this week working on Pinewood Derby cars for me and my boy. With all the shit I bought tool-wise and the time, it would have been cheaper to buy the kid a real car. Lol.

[/quote]

To me that isn’t about sports. It’s about hanging out with your kids.

I spent over $500 in two weeks last July going shooting with my Boy while on vacation. [/quote]

Yah, the time with the boy has been really awesome. But I still also can’t deny I really, really want to win. Hehe.
[/quote]

I told the wife we needed a few tools for the project but I am not sure she understood exactly what I meant.

[/quote]

Good lord…

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

You have a sour taste in your mouth about Rex I think. As a fan that was nervous having to face his teams two (or three in the beginning) I think he was a good head coach, stuck with a bad GM.

Those AFC Champ Jet teams were balling.

[quote]ddot76 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

As a Pats fan, the Ryan hiring wasn’t ideal. If I was a Bills fan, and I know a few given they’re the closest team to me, I’d feel pretty good about the hiring.

Their D-Line is top notch. You need only look at the fact that 3 of them were selected to the Pro Bowl. They get Kiki Alonso back, who IMO is just under the calibre of player a Luke Kuechly is. They had an OK secondary. Rex can do some damage with that, maybe pick up something for the secondary (although drafting DB’s has never been his strong point).

As Beans alluded to, if they can find a way to avg 20pt/g, they’re in the playoffs. Look at Arizona (19.4) and Detroit (20.1) this year. Both relied heavily on D and a positive give/take number with below average offenses.

Bowles for sure is a TBD. Solid DL to work with. He doesn’t have the secondary in NY that he had in AZ though and we’ll see what he and Chan Gailey can do on Offense.

Ultimately success for both comes down to how their QB, whomever it ends up being, performs. [/quote]

Ryan’s defenses are predicated on strong corners. You can bet that with all the cap space the jets have their corners will be vastly improved next year. Both teams have a bunch of similarities . I actually believe on a whole the jets offense is better, while at this point the bills D is better.

Beans, i just want to voice that I’ve been on your side in the debate. Lots of people cheat in football it’s just the level of cheating and the associated punishment. Pats consistently get crosshairs on them just like Rex used to with the Jets, how the Redskins are in the paper constantly. It’s the teams that can draw media attention are the ones that get the focus.

My buddy who is a huge ravens fan and very anti-Pats tried to pull the integrity of the game comment on me as well and I rebuffed him with questions on Ngata for PEDs. Obviously the infraction is different but it’s still cheating. If Wilfork was popped this year I can guarantee you the issue would be substantially larger than Ngata’s but that’s just how the media culture is now. It’s lame and boring for those of us who just want to watch some smash mouth football on Sundays and forget about most of it during the rest of the week.

I know you won’t but if you look in prior posts I’ve made about Rex I’ve been consistent with my criticisms of him. As a fan of a team that had him as a coach I know his warts more than you. No matter who was the coach be in mangini Edwards or Ryan we always played your team tough. The coach didn’t matter