2014 NFL Off Season

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Colt McCoy[/quote]

He’s a Redskin now.

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Colt McCoy[/quote]

He’s a Redskin now.[/quote]
Vince Young (I know he was dropped but they will resign)

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Colt McCoy[/quote]

Vince Young (I know he was dropped but they will resign)[/quote]

He’s retired.

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Colt McCoy[/quote]

He’s retired.[/quote]
Unless a guaranteed deal can be met.

That is a revolving door program.

Manziel will be hurt in 2 games

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]print wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Colt McCoy[/quote]

He’s retired.[/quote]
Unless a guaranteed deal can be met.

That is a revolving door program.

Manziel will be hurt in 2 games[/quote]

He might make it a few games. If he starts against the Steelers (9/11) or Ravens 9/21 I think he get’s crushed though.

I was kidding

I assume Gordon will be suspended for ATLEAST a few games, and it’s going to completely fuck over the QB for those games.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
I assume Gordon will be suspended for ATLEAST a few games, and it’s going to completely fuck over the QB for those games.
[/quote]

Not if Manziel is starting.

Manziel is prison fucked with no lube if Josh Gordon is not on the field with him.

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
[/quote]

Not if Manziel is starting.[/quote]

You do have a point. Manziel’s fucked even if Gordon is playing. But like Aggv said, he is fucked oh so much worse if he isn’t.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
[/quote]

You do have a point. Manziel’s fucked even if Gordon is playing. But like Aggv said, he is fucked oh so much worse if he isn’t. [/quote]

I disagree. If Gordon was to be there to play when Manziel does start, I don’t think it’s that much of a catastrophe. Gordon is exactly the kind of player that Manziel needs as Gordon is able to make the kind of plays that will bail out Manziel. Add in the fact they’ve got a solid TE in Cameron and pulled in Miles Austin to help out and I think Manziel isn’t as screwed as you all make him out to be. The run game is improved as well.

Without Gordon, I don’t think they do much this year either way. If he comes back sooner rather than later, I expect them to be better than .500 and actually be entertaining to watch.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
[/quote]

You do have a point. Manziel’s fucked even if Gordon is playing. But like Aggv said, he is fucked oh so much worse if he isn’t. [/quote]

I disagree. If Gordon was to be there to play when Manziel does start, I don’t think it’s that much of a catastrophe. Gordon is exactly the kind of player that Manziel needs as Gordon is able to make the kind of plays that will bail out Manziel. Add in the fact they’ve got a solid TE in Cameron and pulled in Miles Austin to help out and I think Manziel isn’t as screwed as you all make him out to be. The run game is improved as well.

Without Gordon, I don’t think they do much this year either way. If he comes back sooner rather than later, I expect them to be better than .500 and actually be entertaining to watch.[/quote]

I will give you Gordon being one of only a handful of pro receivers that could execute the “Johnny panics and throws it up to Mike Evans” play in the NFL but Johnny is fucked because he is going to be broken down within 3 starts because he isn’t durable and he runs around to much.

EDIT: quoting incident

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
[/quote]

they’ve got a solid TE in Cameron and pulled in Miles Austin to help out and I think Manziel isn’t as screwed as you all make him out to be. The run game is improved as well.

I expect them to be better than .500 and actually be entertaining to watch.[/quote]

This is my thinking as well. I will add that I believe Gordon obviously would add a great deal to Manziel’s season numbers, but they have enough talent at the receiver position that they will look better than they actually are by Manziel’s play making ability.

I want Hoyer to start all year, just for the record.

Manziel’s playmaking ability = getting lucky as hell in college. I doubt that shit will work out as well in the pros. Hopefully only in preseason do we get a chance to see it.

Hey, the Browns aren’t my team. But, I sure hope that doesn’t happen. I think Hoyer, would have to light it up right out of the gate, and put up crazy numbers to keep Manziel on the bench. And, unlike Manziel, in my opinion, Hoyer is in bad shape without Gordon

I think you’re underestimating the importance of decision making in the NFL.

Brandon Weeden has a cannon for an arm, but shits his pants and can not make a decision with the football. (have fun with that cowboy fans lol) Hoyer steps in, and the offense looked like a whole different team because he was making fast reads, and doing something with the football. Whether he threw it away or completed a pass, he was able to decide on the right play, the right play being the most important factor. I dont see anyway in hell manziel is going to make better decisions than someone who’s started games, knows the speed and learned from the best (hoyer sat behind Tom freaking Brady for 3years).

I’ll take the guy who makes the best decisions with the football over luck any day of week.

manziel is not andrew luck.

heard the same shit about Newton as I’m hearing about Manziel. I was one of them so I’ve had to spit out feathers. we’ll see how many admit they were wrong if Johnny plays well.

Daryl Washington couldn’t put down the pipe so we’ve lost him for the entire season. 4th failed test means 1 year suspension (indefinite, must apply for reinstatement). they still haven’t said how long he’ll be gone on the DV charge. most figure about 6-8 games in 2015.
won’t have to pay him his 2014 salary. looks like he’ll have to pay back most, if not all, of his 10 mil bonus. I think AZ will just cut their losses after getting as much money back as possible. because of the circumstances I think we’ll also get a break on the cap.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
I think you’re underestimating the importance of decision making in the NFL.

Brandon Weeden has a cannon for an arm, but shits his pants and can not make a decision with the football. (have fun with that cowboy fans lol) Hoyer steps in, and the offense looked like a whole different team because he was making fast reads, and doing something with the football. Whether he threw it away or completed a pass, he was able to decide on the right play, the right play being the most important factor. I dont see anyway in hell manziel is going to make better decisions than someone who’s started games, knows the speed and learned from the best (hoyer sat behind Tom freaking Brady for 3years).

I’ll take the guy who makes the best decisions with the football over luck any day of week.

manziel is not andrew luck.

[/quote]

Manziel isn’t even Mark fucking Sanchez when it comes to decision making. He doesn’t make good reads at all. He just runs around and prays someone gets open. And if they don’t he either tries to run or throws a jump ball. He is also very small and it showed in college with him continuously leaving for the locker room during games barely being able to walk, then coming back later and playing. I give the kid credit for being willing to take the shot and then torture his numbed up body but he will not last in the NFL.

I feel bad for Hoyer in this though. They will be calling for his head quickly because the Browns are likely 1-4 team to start, 2-3 would be a success, just because of scheduling, and he will end up on their bench while Johnny Football goes in and Weeden’s out for 5 or 6 games before being sidelined.

I actually like the Browns, the same way I like the Cubs, its the underdog mentality, but I have a bad feeling this year is going to be 3 very big steps back after last year I thought was a step forward. I think getting rid of Chud was a mistake and I think he could have done something with that team if a little patience was there. Have faith in Pettine though but sometimes good coordinators don’t always make good HC’s.

So many Manziel haters.

Manziel would make the pro bowl this year if he was the day 1 starter.

[quote]gregron wrote:
So many Manziel haters.

Manziel would make the pro bowl this year if he was the day 1 starter.[/quote]

i want what you’re smoking