2014 NFL Off Season

Didn’t see an NFL off season thread, so I thought I’d start one.

Thoughts on the Kaepernick deal?

“Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers struck a deal Wednesday on a six-year contract extension, which sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter is worth more than $110 million – including a record $61 million guaranteed.”

I think it’s pre-mature to pay him this kind of money. He is still unproven, imo. I’m not sure the Niners had a choice though.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

“Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers struck a deal Wednesday on a six-year contract extension, which sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter is worth more than $110 million – including a record $61 million guaranteed.”

I think it’s pre-mature to pay him this kind of money. He is still unproven, imo. I’m not sure the Niners had a choice though.

[/quote]

I agree with you. But the deal is not quite as sweet as it originally seemed according to this. With all the performance clauses in there, the chances of him seeing all that money are slim.

Also, how stupid is Josh Gordon? Kid could be one of the best but he is letting it all go up in smoke, literally.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Also, how stupid is Josh Gordon? Kid could be one of the best but he is letting it all go up in smoke, literally. [/quote]

Ya, he’s a fucking idiot. Reminds me of Ricky Williams.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[/quote]

I agree with you. But the deal is not quite as sweet as it originally seemed according to this. With all the performance clauses in there, the chances of him seeing all that money are slim.

[/quote]

Oh ya, definitely not what I originally heard.

T-Nation fantasy league again pls.

edit: preferably a scoring system where QB’s don’t get 40-50 points or however it was, lol.

Matthew McConaughy is a Skins fan- I had no idea. I like him more and more everyday

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Also, how stupid is Josh Gordon? Kid could be one of the best but he is letting it all go up in smoke, literally. [/quote]

Ya, he’s a fucking idiot. Reminds me of Ricky Williams.[/quote]

He’s real dumb. I believe his back tattoo has a pot leaf in it as well.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

He’s real dumb. I believe his back tattoo has a pot leaf in it as well. [/quote]

Classy

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

He’s real dumb. I believe his back tattoo has a pot leaf in it as well. [/quote]

Classy[/quote]

Dude totally fucked me in my fantasy too. I got him in 14th round and was going to have the most stellar keeper status ever on his ass. What a jerk!!

In reality though, I was really looking forward to watching some Browns games this year with him in the mix. I’ll probably catch a few but I can’t imagine they will be even remotely as competitive without him.

How come he didn’t get the Justin Blackmon treatment tho- indefinite suspension?

Josh Gordon is a pretty sad story. Is he to be blamed for his negligence when it comes to putting down the bowl and focusing on his career? Obviously. That being said, the punishment for pot in the NFL is insanely blown out of proportion, and there’s other substances that should be penalized so stringently. (Irsay, anyone? What a joke.)

Kap’s deal was pretty good for both sides, IMO.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Josh Gordon is a pretty sad story. Is he to be blamed for his negligence when it comes to putting down the bowl and focusing on his career? Obviously. That being said, the punishment for pot in the NFL is insanely blown out of proportion, and there’s other substances that should be penalized so stringently. (Irsay, anyone? What a joke.)

Kap’s deal was pretty good for both sides, IMO.[/quote]

Yeah, you can make the argument about pot not being a big deal and I wont really say one way or the other there but its in the rules. And he is making a lot of money to follow the rules. If they said, no drinking during season and you have to go to bed at 10, I would still think he was an idiot for pissing away an opportunity because he didn’t want to follow the rules.

98% of the NBA/NFL players use weed.

Josh Gordon is stupid because he got caught. Although there are rumors it was a missed test, not a failed test, but either way he should be on top of that shit and getting clean pee from someone.

No way the league suspends Gordon all year and misses out on john football to jGordon highlights.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
98% of the NBA/NFL players use weed.

Josh Gordon is stupid because he got caught. Although there are rumors it was a missed test, not a failed test, but either way he should be on top of that shit and getting clean pee from someone.

No way the league suspends Gordon all year and misses out on john football to jGordon highlights. [/quote]

You might be right if you were talking about anyone but the Browns. But the NFL doesn’t care about the Browns and they have already sold their season tickets so they got that money. On the bright side, you do have the best CB in the league and Hoyer may do pretty well when Manziel gets broken.

If Hoyer does well, manziel hopefully never sees the field.

People are sleeping on Justin Gilbert, if Haden can teach him the ways of the NFL, the Browns could have the best CB tandem in the league.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

Kap’s deal was pretty good for both sides, IMO.[/quote]

Yeah, you can make the argument about pot not being a big deal and I wont really say one way or the other there but its in the rules. And he is making a lot of money to follow the rules. If they said, no drinking during season and you have to go to bed at 10, I would still think he was an idiot for pissing away an opportunity because he didn’t want to follow the rules. [/quote]
Very true. The NFL is his employer and they have set the rules that pot is a banned substance. A lot of normal jobs test for marijuana use. The guy is a total idiot. Not only is he losing out on loads of cash that every single one of us will never see in our lifetimes, he also let his teammates and the fans down.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

People are sleeping on Justin Gilbert, if Haden can teach him the ways of the NFL, the Browns could have the best CB tandem in the league. [/quote]

Absolutely. It does take a lot of corners a season or two to really get with it. Hell, other than special teams Patrick Peterson even had ups and downs in his rookie season. With Haden locked down for a future, that’s going to be an awesome secondary to watch in the near future.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

People are sleeping on Justin Gilbert, if Haden can teach him the ways of the NFL, the Browns could have the best CB tandem in the league. [/quote]

I thought Hoyer looked real good last year, unfortunately the browns first three games are relatively tough, I think Manziel will be the starter after the week 4 bye.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

I thought Hoyer looked real good last year, unfortunately the browns first three games are relatively tough, I think Manziel will be the starter after the week 4 bye.
[/quote]
And then who will be the starter week 6?

Colt McCoy