2014 NFL Draft

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
If he happens to fall out of the top 4 picks, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Cowboys end up either trading up to get him, or just draft him at 16. I don’t think there’s a chance he drops past the Cowboys in the first round.[/quote]

Bite your damn tongue.

That would be it. I’ve suffered for years watching mediocre 8-8 teams, dreaming of what might have been if Jerry wasn’t such a egotistical douche. If he were to waste a pick on Johnny Football when we had one of the worst defenses in HISTORY, I’m done. I couldn’t take it anymore. I wouldn’t watch again until the Cowboys have a GM not named Jones.[/quote]

I’m quoting this so that if it happens I’m holding you to it. You can come support the East by cheering on the Redskins if you want. I know it goes against everything in your heart but RG3 & Co are making a comeback.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
If he happens to fall out of the top 4 picks, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Cowboys end up either trading up to get him, or just draft him at 16. I don’t think there’s a chance he drops past the Cowboys in the first round.[/quote]

Bite your damn tongue.

That would be it. I’ve suffered for years watching mediocre 8-8 teams, dreaming of what might have been if Jerry wasn’t such a egotistical douche. If he were to waste a pick on Johnny Football when we had one of the worst defenses in HISTORY, I’m done. I couldn’t take it anymore. I wouldn’t watch again until the Cowboys have a GM not named Jones.[/quote]

I’m quoting this so that if it happens I’m holding you to it. You can come support the East by cheering on the Redskins if you want. I know it goes against everything in your heart but RG3 & Co are making a comeback.[/quote]
Lol, yea Cool not going to happen.

Doogie and I will be watching the games at my house again this year and being cheering on the Cowboys and hoping JJ dies soon.

Clowney #1 unless they trade down.
I see Manziel going to Oakland with Al Davis dancing in his grave.
look for the Browns to draft Watkins.
I think Dallas will go after Ha-Ha, J. Ward or Z. Martin. after drafting Frederick 1st last year, a WTF? pick which turned out to be great, anything is possible.

I’m looking for AZ to trade down to grab some extra picks. likely team would be the Browns who could be looking to pick up a qb. if we stay at 20 go for Jimmie Ward or Pryor. if we trade back maybe Ward will fall, don’t think Pryor will. don’t look for a qb 1st rd so go L. Nix or J. Bitonio if no Ward. Arians and Keim could just go BPA which worked for us last year with Ellington.
still don’t know how long D. Washington wil be suspended for. estimates are up to 8 games, unless he violates his probation, then it could be the whole season. hope to find out before the draft as that could change what AZ does.

SEC fan and watched every game Clowney and Johnny Football played, especially those against Crimson Tide.

Clowney is a beast and would be a sure fire 1 pick overall. Johnny Football is not that physically big and maybe he can make it in the NFL but I just dont see him making it through a much longer and more grueling NFL season with zero cup cake games.

SEC fan and watched every game Clowney and Johnny Football played, especially those against Crimson Tide.

Clowney is a beast and would be a sure fire 1 pick overall. Johnny Football is not that physically big and maybe he can make it in the NFL but I just dont see him making it through a much longer and more grueling NFL season with zero cup cake games.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:
I think the team that passes on Manziel is making one of the biggest mistakes in NFL draft history. Not only do I believe that Manziel is going to be a superstar in the league, but he is going to sell a crazy amount of merchandise, and tickets. He is going to make whatever team he goes to a contender, and a revenue machine. I can’t wait to see this!

[/quote]

lolololol. you have no idea what you’re talking about. Ticket sales and (most) merchandise is shared revenue for the league.

I have no idea if he’ll be good/great in the NFL as a player. I’m ready to just wait and see at this point.[/quote]

Suites do not go into rev sharing. Home team keeps 60% of ticket sales. The merchandise revenue is split among all teams, but the pool of money is at a level that there is talk of changing that part of the sharing program. Which I believe will happen soon

If Clowney goes to Houston and is motivated by Watt to work up to his potential then the qb’s in the AFC South better load up on ibuprofen. I think the potential for Clowney to be a bust is as high, if not higher, than it is for him to be great. I’d take him at pick 15 though for sure.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
If Clowney goes to Houston and is motivated by Watt to work up to his potential then the qb’s in the AFC South better load up on ibuprofen. I think the potential for Clowney to be a bust is as high, if not higher, than it is for him to be great. I’d take him at pick 15 though for sure. [/quote]

Yeah can you imagine if Clowney can get in there and get a fire lit under him by workout monsters like Watt and Cushing. Dude would be a even bigger beast than he already is. Read somewhere that Cushing was eyeing week 1 for a return.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
If Clowney goes to Houston and is motivated by Watt to work up to his potential then the qb’s in the AFC South better load up on ibuprofen. I think the potential for Clowney to be a bust is as high, if not higher, than it is for him to be great. I’d take him at pick 15 though for sure. [/quote]

Yeah can you imagine if Clowney can get in there and get a fire lit under him by workout monsters like Watt and Cushing. Dude would be a even bigger beast than he already is. Read somewhere that Cushing was eyeing week 1 for a return.[/quote]
Dont forget the Texans new DC, Romeo should be able to get him motivated.

1 - Another rumor that HOU and ATL have worked out a deal for the #1 spot.

2 - Another chance to work film guru Greg Cosell’s insight into these threads :slight_smile:

"One of the more notable advocates for bringing Manziel to St. Louis has been NFL Films guru Greg Cosell. In an appearance for a CBS Sports video, Cosell suggested that the Rams should take the QB with the second pick of the draft.

Why did Cosell suggest this? Learn and adapt from their piers in the NFC West: control the time, tone and tempo of a game with a tough defense and a heavy dose of running the ball, throw in a quarterback who can make plays, big plays down field, to put points on the board. The 49ers and Seahawks don’t throw the ball an awful lot, but when they do, their quarterbacks are both dynamic playmakers who can work outside the pocket as well as they can inside of it.

“Johnny Manziel fits this whole philosophy of matching up in the NFC West. You have to beat them at their own game.”
Remember that last quote; it’s an important part of the story here…"

source - Johnny Manziel and the Rams, sorting it all out - Turf Show Times

Interesting.

[quote]chillain wrote:
1 - Another rumor that HOU and ATL have worked out a deal for the #1 spot.

[/quote]
I don’t get why Atlanta would trade up for Clowney at the number one spot. I know they don’t really have a pash rusher, but they have a lot of other needs too and trading away draft picks isn’t the smartest decision.

I don’t pay attention to much in the offseason, but I know my Chargers draft late and have needs at DL, DB, OL, and OLB.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

A bunch of retarded shit.
[/quote]

Maziel, O-line, or Bortles?

No way you are really a Cowboys fan. No fucking way.[/quote]
hahhaahahaahahhahahahaah

But JF will be the Doug Flutie of this generation. Such High High hopes but just will never measure up. [/quote]

LOL. Comparing Manziel to Flutie. Talk about a laugher

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
I don’t get why Atlanta would trade up for Clowney at the number one spot. I know they don’t really have a pash rusher, but they have a lot of other needs too and trading away draft picks isn’t the smartest decision.[/quote]

Agreed. Sportswriters have already noted how the Julio trade has left them without much depth anywhere.

If the rumors are true and ATL does trade up to #1 or #2, I would assume that they’re pushing all-in for the upcoming season and hoping all their key “skill position” guys can stay healthy.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

So who is going number 1?

Where does Johnny Football end up?[/quote]

Rehab and a few turns through the reality TV circuit.

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[/quote]

hahhaahahaahahhahahahaah

But JF will be the Doug Flutie of this generation. Such High High hopes but just will never measure up. [/quote]

[/quote]

Definitely a laugher…Flutie was twice as smart as Johnny Football.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[/quote]

hahhaahahaahahhahahahaah

[/quote]

Definitely a laugher…Flutie was twice as smart as Johnny Football.[/quote]

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. He had a better Wonderlic than Manning. Yes I know that does not automatically translate to on the field success.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[/quote]

hahhaahahaahahhahahahaah

[/quote]

haha. You two are funny.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[/quote]

hahhaahahaahahhahahahaah

[/quote]

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. He had a better Wonderlic than Manning. Yes I know that does not automatically translate to on the field success.

[/quote]

That’s true. Should have said Flutie has twice as much common sense as Johnny Football.