T Nation

2014 NFL Draft

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014?icampaign=nfl_drafttracker_nav-home

So who is going number 1?

Where does Johnny Football end up?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Where does Johnny Football end up?[/quote]

L.A. Galaxy, they have all the best football stars

Most of you know we like to keep the football threads some what serious. So hopefully people who know things about the NFL and College football will post with interesting opinions about this years draft.

I have been saying since the end of the season I see Clowney going #1 and Johnny going to the Browns at 4.

I dont agree with the Cowboys going Safety with the first pick, much rather see them address the Dline issues.

I would bet a handful of money that Clowney goes #1. That seems all but a sure thing.

I couldn’t care less which picks the Cowboys use to address the needs you mentioned, as long as both get addressed with early round picks (first 3 rounds). They could go D-line/safety, or safety/D-line, and I’d be a happy fan.

Most people think Manziel will go to the Browns, and it seems to me that the Browns, or even the Jaguars at #3, have a good case to take him. If he happens to fall out of the top 4 picks, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Cowboys end up either trading up to get him, or just draft him at 16. I don’t think there’s a chance he drops past the Cowboys in the first round.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
If he happens to fall out of the top 4 picks, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the Cowboys end up either trading up to get him, or just draft him at 16. I don’t think there’s a chance he drops past the Cowboys in the first round.[/quote]

Bite your damn tongue.

That would be it. I’ve suffered for years watching mediocre 8-8 teams, dreaming of what might have been if Jerry wasn’t such a egotistical douche. If he were to waste a pick on Johnny Football when we had one of the worst defenses in HISTORY, I’m done. I couldn’t take it anymore. I wouldn’t watch again until the Cowboys have a GM not named Jones.

As a Browns fan who has been listening to draft talk since week 4, i’m glad it’s about to be over.

Please NO QB @ 4

Other than that, i dont care.

I think the team that passes on Manziel is making one of the biggest mistakes in NFL draft history. Not only do I believe that Manziel is going to be a superstar in the league, but he is going to sell a crazy amount of merchandise, and tickets. He is going to make whatever team he goes to a contender, and a revenue machine. I can’t wait to see this!

Clowney, is a freak. The main problem I have with Clowney (besides his strength) is how quickly the hoes get their claws in him and fuck his career up. I just don’t see Clowney having a hall of fame career that his talent deserves.

I hope the Cowboys do not go D-line with the 16th pick. Marinelli will get the best out of our D-line. Spencer, McClain, Mincey, and Melton all new faces on the D-line from last year. I think Cowboys fans will be very happy with the play of Melton, and Spencer on the ends. With that being said, if the Cowboys can’t make a deal for Manziel, hopefully Clinton-Dix is available, if not I wouldn’t mind seeing the 16th pick going to an O-Lineman or Bortles

[quote]mbdix wrote:

A bunch of retarded shit.
[/quote]

Maziel, O-line, or Bortles?

No way you are really a Cowboys fan. No fucking way.

I really don’t think Johnny football will be a superstar. That’s all I have for now I don’t follow college football much and I have had no time to follow the draft or anything else lately.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Where does Johnny Football end up?[/quote]

From today’s rumor mill, Manziel isn’t falling past #2 overall - http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/5/5/5683386/johnny-manziel-rams-rumors-2014-nfl-draft

I’m inclined to believe this is mostly the Rams looking to trade down for maximum value – I think either OT from A&M or Auburn or the Clemson WR fill bigger holes – but the added wrinkle of the Rams/Vikings talking a Sam Bradford trade makes the rumor a little more juicy.

hopefully john football falls to the Browns at 4, and they can trade out to da cowboys in a rg3 king’s ransom of a trade.

[quote]mbdix wrote:
I think the team that passes on Manziel is making one of the biggest mistakes in NFL draft history. Not only do I believe that Manziel is going to be a superstar in the league, but he is going to sell a crazy amount of merchandise, and tickets. He is going to make whatever team he goes to a contender, and a revenue machine. I can’t wait to see this!

Clowney, is a freak. The main problem I have with Clowney (besides his strength) is how quickly the hoes get their claws in him and fuck his career up. I just don’t see Clowney having a hall of fame career that his talent deserves.
[/quote]

donald sterling agrees with this logic.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[/quote]

No way you are really a Cowboys fan. No fucking way.[/quote]

Dude, I don’t even have a choice in being a Cowboys fan. I bleed blue, and burnt orange.

I hear it’s a decent draft for wr’s I’m thinking my jets pick up a prospect and hopefully can develop them into a decent player. Clowney shuld go before Manziel, I thnk it will be hard to pull his shenanigans at the highest level. Running out of collapsing pockets and throwing hailmary’s that is. May go the way of Tebow. First I would like to thank jesus christ for allowing me to type this message.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[/quote]

You left out Clinton-Dix

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[/quote]

You left out Clinton-Dix
[/quote]

That’s true. I was so stunned by the rest of it that I overlooked Ha Ha.

[quote]doogie wrote:

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[/quote]

hahhaahahaahahhahahahaah

Thanks Doogie I needed a chuckle this morning.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But JF will be the Doug Flutie of this generation. Such High High hopes but just will never measure up.

Jets seemed to back themselves in a corner with their first rounder by leaving their secondary barren. They almost may be forced to go with a corner in the first round. So unfortunately, I think they may have to go Defense (again) in the first and backfill some offensive needs in the later rounds. They have more draft picks than anyone this year (12) I believe so this is a big big draft for the Jets.

Im thinking the following guys might be there for the Jets…

Daequeze Denard (sp)
Kyle Fuller (probably not)
Eric Ebron
Odell Beckham
Marquis Lee

I think the Giants will go Tackle or TE

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[/quote]

lolololol. you have no idea what you’re talking about. Ticket sales and (most) merchandise is shared revenue for the league.

I have no idea if he’ll be good/great in the NFL as a player. I’m ready to just wait and see at this point.

My slightly out-there picks. Just to keep things interesting.

Atlanta (trade from Houston)- Clowney

St. Louis- Greg Robinson

Jags- Khalil Mack

Browns- Sammy Watkins

Raiders- Johnny Manziel

Houston (trade fro Atlanta)- Blake Bortles

Tampa Bay- Mike Evans

Vikings- CJ Mosley

Bills- Eric Ebron

Lions- Justin Gilbert