2014 IFBB Pro Schedule. Has The Wind Shifted?

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:
As a result of the physique class gaining popularity do you think the supplement companies will start sponsoring more of them instead of bodybuilders? Its a lot easier to say “My supplement will make you look like Jeff Seid” than saying “Take my supplement to look like Phil Heath.”[/quote]

With average joe getting wise to the fact they aren’t going to turn into Kai Greene by consuming carnivore (its the fucking drugs) it would be a smart choice for supplement companies to move towards competitors whose physiques are more appealing and more attainable.

The fact that many average joes believe the likes of Seid are drug free adds to the chance of them believing the products they are endorsing are the reasons they look awesome also.[/quote]

You mean I wasted all my money on MuscleMed products in my attempt to look like a massive black dude?!?

Fuck.

But in all seriousness I agree with you. I think that when companies make the switch to sponsoring more physique models the bodybuilding ranks will take a hit since sponsorship is how most of them make money. I just hope some companies continue to use bodybuilders instead (example what would Universal Nutrition be without all the beasts that they sponsor).

Another question to consider is can you sit through an entire Men’s Physique show? I sometimes get bored at bodybuilding shows that last well into the late night, but an entire show of “turn, smile, some weird hip movement, turn, smile” (they really need to realize that they are basically doing Bikini division poses), this could be a long day and night.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
Another question to consider is can you sit through an entire Men’s Physique show? I sometimes get bored at bodybuilding shows that last well into the late night, but an entire show of “turn, smile, some weird hip movement, turn, smile” (they really need to realize that they are basically doing Bikini division poses), this could be a long day and night.[/quote]

The only way they can make it more interesting is to make it a “classic” bodybuilding class. I think we all know the problem with that though. People will eventually take it too far unless the judges actually stick to “classic” proportions.

The board shorts and pretty boy poses are very off putting though.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
Another question to consider is can you sit through an entire Men’s Physique show? I sometimes get bored at bodybuilding shows that last well into the late night, but an entire show of “turn, smile, some weird hip movement, turn, smile” (they really need to realize that they are basically doing Bikini division poses), this could be a long day and night.[/quote]

Honestly, I could probably only bare to go to the Arnold or the Olympia because the celeb factor of the competitors would keep me from being bored.

[quote]Myosin wrote:

I’ve seen one physique show (at the Arnold), and the “turn, smile, weird hip movement” thing really caught me off guard. I mean, I guess I was kind of expecting it, but sitting there watching it was way more awkward and strange than I expected. I can respect the work these competitors have done, I just wish there was a different way for them to compete.

From a spectator standpoint, I think bodybuilding is way more entertaining than physique.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Haha. Only got through about 30 seconds of the vid, but it was enough. But, in the kid’s defense, he’s apparently only 20 or so. I remember how douchey I was at that age so I’ll cut him some slack. [/quote]

On top of that, he’s part of BB.com’s misc community. So he’s been basically idolized like a god online for some time now, so it’s probably gone to his head. [/quote]
Searched him on YouTube and watch less than a minute of a video from London.

What an absolute tool box. Another Zyzz clone wannabe with zero originality. Good physique, 0/10 personality.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Haha. Only got through about 30 seconds of the vid, but it was enough. But, in the kid’s defense, he’s apparently only 20 or so. I remember how douchey I was at that age so I’ll cut him some slack. [/quote]

On top of that, he’s part of BB.com’s misc community. So he’s been basically idolized like a god online for some time now, so it’s probably gone to his head. [/quote]

I’ve met him in person and he seemed alright. He was very confident but seemed like a nice guy from the small time I met him.

Koing

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Searched him on YouTube and watch less than a minute of a video from London.

What an absolute tool box. Another Zyzz clone wannabe with zero originality. Good physique, 0/10 personality.[/quote]

That’s the same vid I watched. Fast forwarded to where he was actually lifting and him and his buddies were shirtless in a foreign gym making complete asses of themselves. You know everyone in there was thinking “Fuckin’ Americans” as they walked by shaking their heads.