2013 NCAA Wrestling Championships

YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE RUTH!

BOOM! Ed Ruth with the Major in the national title match! That’s how you do it.

Dake makes history with 4 national championships in 4 weight classes.

Penn State takes their 3rd straight team title.

Kyle Dake, first ever 4x National champ to win in 4 different weight classes. Truly awesome match against defending champ David Taylor.

NCAAs are always an awesome time. This year’s finals were particularly outstanding, between the last college match between the two of the greatest college wrestlers of this decade and Ruth’s phenomenal performance and all the other great matches. If any of you ever have the chance to go see it in person, I highly recommend it. Me and my dad went for the weekend my junior year of high school when it was in Philly (driving distance) and it was a great experience, between the matches themselves (no matter what mat you’re looking at, you’re looking at a great match) and the fan fest (I met Dan Gable, Bruce Baumgartner, Kurt Angle, Bobby Douglas, the entire 2010 U.S. freestyle world team, Ben Askren, Ken Chertow, Wayne Boyd, Matt Valenti, Brett and Andy Matter, Stan Dziedzic, and many other NCAA champions and world/Olympic team members, medalists, and champs. Pretty much a non-sexual orgasm for anyone who appreciates American wrestling history), being around so many other people who are also interested in wrestling (which is, unfortunately, pretty rare in most parts of the country. Everyone in Philly must’ve thought there was some sort of alien invasion in the city after seeing all the guys between the ages of 15 and 80 with screwed up ears), and being so close to the best wrestlers in the country (I met Jordan Oliver on an escalator in the arena, met Bubba Jenkins in the stands celebrating with the Arizona State fans, and the hotel I stayed in happened to be the same hotel the entire Lehigh team stayed at. While they were horsing around in the hallway in front of the elevator I almost got run over by Zach Rey, their HUGE heavyweight who won nationals that year and was second the year after. After getting over the shock of that near-death experience, I had another non-sexual wrestling fan orgasm). Yeah, in case you couldn’t tell, it’s an experience I’m never going to forget.

[quote]ThugLifeGoldie wrote:
NCAAs are always an awesome time. This year’s finals were particularly outstanding, between the last college match between the two of the greatest college wrestlers of this decade and Ruth’s phenomenal performance and all the other great matches. If any of you ever have the chance to go see it in person, I highly recommend it. Me and my dad went for the weekend my junior year of high school when it was in Philly (driving distance) and it was a great experience, between the matches themselves (no matter what mat you’re looking at, you’re looking at a great match) and the fan fest (I met Dan Gable, Bruce Baumgartner, Kurt Angle, Bobby Douglas, the entire 2010 U.S. freestyle world team, Ben Askren, Ken Chertow, Wayne Boyd, Matt Valenti, Brett and Andy Matter, Stan Dziedzic, and many other NCAA champions and world/Olympic team members, medalists, and champs. Pretty much a non-sexual orgasm for anyone who appreciates American wrestling history), being around so many other people who are also interested in wrestling (which is, unfortunately, pretty rare in most parts of the country. Everyone in Philly must’ve thought there was some sort of alien invasion in the city after seeing all the guys between the ages of 15 and 80 with screwed up ears), and being so close to the best wrestlers in the country (I met Jordan Oliver on an escalator in the arena, met Bubba Jenkins in the stands celebrating with the Arizona State fans, and the hotel I stayed in happened to be the same hotel the entire Lehigh team stayed at. While they were horsing around in the hallway in front of the elevator I almost got run over by Zach Rey, their HUGE heavyweight who won nationals that year and was second the year after. After getting over the shock of that near-death experience, I had another non-sexual wrestling fan orgasm). Yeah, in case you couldn’t tell, it’s an experience I’m never going to forget. [/quote]

Sounds awesome! A couple of my friends went a couple years ago and had a great time as well.

The summer after seventh grade I went to a Ken Chertow camp with a couple of my middle school teammates.

-One of my teammates, who had also just finished seventh grade, was wrestling a kid from New York every afternoon that week and getting beaten like Rihanna. We later found out that the kid administering the ass kickings had just finished his freshman year of high school. This kid was Steven Keith, who went on to All-American for Harvard in 2012.

• I was wrestling a kid from Easton, PA who had just finished his freshman year of high school. I wrestled him live every afternoon that week. I had no idea who this kid was at the time. He was beating the holy hell out of me and looked like he wasn’t even trying. This mystery kid was blowing me away like Hiroshima in World War 2. I later found out that this kid was Jordan Oliver, and all the PA kids I knew at the camp confirmed that this kid was indeed a bad motherfucker.

[quote]ThugLifeGoldie wrote:
NCAAs are always an awesome time. This year’s finals were particularly outstanding, between the last college match between the two of the greatest college wrestlers of this decade and Ruth’s phenomenal performance and all the other great matches. If any of you ever have the chance to go see it in person, I highly recommend it. Me and my dad went for the weekend my junior year of high school when it was in Philly (driving distance) and it was a great experience, between the matches themselves (no matter what mat you’re looking at, you’re looking at a great match) and the fan fest (I met Dan Gable, Bruce Baumgartner, Kurt Angle, Bobby Douglas, the entire 2010 U.S. freestyle world team, Ben Askren, Ken Chertow, Wayne Boyd, Matt Valenti, Brett and Andy Matter, Stan Dziedzic, and many other NCAA champions and world/Olympic team members, medalists, and champs. Pretty much a non-sexual orgasm for anyone who appreciates American wrestling history), being around so many other people who are also interested in wrestling (which is, unfortunately, pretty rare in most parts of the country. Everyone in Philly must’ve thought there was some sort of alien invasion in the city after seeing all the guys between the ages of 15 and 80 with screwed up ears), and being so close to the best wrestlers in the country (I met Jordan Oliver on an escalator in the arena, met Bubba Jenkins in the stands celebrating with the Arizona State fans, and the hotel I stayed in happened to be the same hotel the entire Lehigh team stayed at. While they were horsing around in the hallway in front of the elevator I almost got run over by Zach Rey, their HUGE heavyweight who won nationals that year and was second the year after. After getting over the shock of that near-death experience, I had another non-sexual wrestling fan orgasm). Yeah, in case you couldn’t tell, it’s an experience I’m never going to forget. [/quote]

Its an amazing experience.

I went two times to the NCAA finals twice back in the day
once in 92 while I was competing and later in 94 with the club I trained with.
Its pretty damn amazing.

And you get to see ( and scout) every kid and coach out there It really is a who’s who in the sport