2012...The Movie

How come they can destroy the Vatican and the giant Jesus in Brazil, but not Mecca?

I smell a pussy.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
Here is my take, The movie is based on a polar flip which is one of the predictions of 2012.So either they mean a magnetic field flip which would let in 100% of the solar rays from the sun and most people would get skin cancer almost immediatly.

Second, an actuall flip of the poles like the north pole would slide down and become the south pole.( imagine the skin on an orange sliding around the orange ). In this case 99% of people would die almost instantly, It would be like yanking the rug out from everyone all at once.

Why do you think if you drive youre car into a tree you smash into the dash board, its because your going 60 mph too not just your car.We are all traveling the same speed as the earth meaning if the outer crust moved it would be like yanking a rug.

Now if the crust slid very slow like over 20 years maybe it would just be like a really long earthquake, but if it happened quick all would die.Volcanoes would erupt and oceans would spill over mountains.

pats self on back

For the actual crust to flip just like that, I am pretty sure that the moon would need to explode first.[/quote]

Wrong

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
Here is my take, The movie is based on a polar flip which is one of the predictions of 2012.So either they mean a magnetic field flip which would let in 100% of the solar rays from the sun and most people would get skin cancer almost immediatly.

Second, an actuall flip of the poles like the north pole would slide down and become the south pole.( imagine the skin on an orange sliding around the orange ). In this case 99% of people would die almost instantly, It would be like yanking the rug out from everyone all at once.

Why do you think if you drive youre car into a tree you smash into the dash board, its because your going 60 mph too not just your car.We are all traveling the same speed as the earth meaning if the outer crust moved it would be like yanking a rug.

Now if the crust slid very slow like over 20 years maybe it would just be like a really long earthquake, but if it happened quick all would die.Volcanoes would erupt and oceans would spill over mountains.

pats self on back

Uh no, the poles have switched many times throughout Earth’s history, the last time was like hundreds of thousands of years ago, but our primitive ancestors were around, and if a bunch of cavemen can survive it… then we can.[/quote]

I didnt say it would kill everyone but it would take out a large portion of the worlds population.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

pats self on back

For the actual crust to flip just like that, I am pretty sure that the moon would need to explode first.

Wrong

[/quote]

Why wrong?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
SPOILER:

Only thing that was exciting about this movie was the over-the-top nuclear volcanic eruption at Yellowstone.[/quote]

Which is supposed to actually happen within the next couple thousand years or so.

If this movie had a retarded little brother. I think I just barely saw it tonight. It was a bootleg called “2012 Doomsday” Was as ridiculous and prob worse than the movie in theater’s. Shows a subaru get pelted with golf ball sized hale. Yet it doesn’t even get so much as a dent on it. Next thing you know after a shitty CGI job with hale piercing through the windshield, the driver dies from said piece of hale going through his chest. LOL

My uncle gave it to me and me being a dumb ass thought it was the real “2012” bootleg movie. Yet nope I got tricked into an hour of ridiculously handicapped acting!

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

pats self on back

For the actual crust to flip just like that, I am pretty sure that the moon would need to explode first.

Wrong

Why wrong?[/quote]

Please explain why the moon would need to explode in order for the poles to flip.

I watch the history channel constantly and have watched many shows that address the poles flipping and never once has any of them ever said the moon would first need to blow up.

As I said originaly the earths crust is like the peel on an orange, It can slide around the inner crust.

Man sad part is this clip that’s only 4 minutes long is probably better then that whole 200 million dollar movie.

When the documentary comes out in early 2010, I’m definitely going to check it out. I’m really into the whole spiritual and scientific approach that will be presented…

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

pats self on back

Wrong

Why wrong?

Please explain why the moon would need to explode in order for the poles to flip.

I watch the history channel constantly and have watched many shows that address the poles flipping and never once has any of them ever said the moon would first need to blow up.

As I said originaly the earths crust is like the peel on an orange, It can slide around the inner crust.

[/quote]

The moon is one of the biggest factors for all the conditions of earth: it gives us our ~24 hour rotation, it keeps the plates much more stable, and it also affects the shape of the earth. The poles have flipped magnetically, but for the actual crust to flip suddenly or even in twenty years is impossible. By the way, there is no inner crust. There is only a mantle.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

pats self on back

Wrong

Why wrong?

The moon is one of the biggest factors for all the conditions of earth: it gives us our ~24 hour rotation, it keeps the plates much more stable, and it also affects the shape of the earth. The poles have flipped magnetically, but for the actual crust to flip suddenly or even in twenty years is impossible. By the way, there is no inner crust. There is only a mantle. [/quote]

Excuse me, Mantle.

This is the first thing that came up and it covers the basis of where im coming from.Im sure there is better articles on this but you can search for them.

Another thing,If the crust cant move how did all the continents get to be where they are now.Ever heard of Pangea or Gondwana.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
ukrainian wrote:
horsepuss wrote:

pats self on back

Wrong

Why wrong?

The moon is one of the biggest factors for all the conditions of earth: it gives us our ~24 hour rotation, it keeps the plates much more stable, and it also affects the shape of the earth. The poles have flipped magnetically, but for the actual crust to flip suddenly or even in twenty years is impossible. By the way, there is no inner crust. There is only a mantle.

Excuse me, Mantle.

This is the first thing that came up and it covers the basis of where im coming from.Im sure there is better articles on this but you can search for them.

Another thing,If the crust cant move how did all the continents get to be where they are now.Ever heard of Pangea or Gondwana.

[/quote]

I have. I read that article, and it doesn’t support your point. The crust moves, but to make it move on the mantle at a completely new speed, a speed high enough to switch the poles, would mean that one section of the crust would have to be removed, a force would have to act on the crust only and not the mantle, and no other force could act on the crust.

You are misunderstanding the difference between the entire planet shifting resulting in a change in the orientation of north and south poles and the only the crust moving. The crust cannot move that much without the entire earth moving. However, I do agree that the entire earth could spin and change how the axis is orientated.

2012… the movie … affronts you intelligence.

The guy who played the “russian” in the movie is really Copenhagen based, Croatia-born musician Zlatko Buric. I once sold blackmarket liquor to him.
Worship me.

He once played a character called Milo, in the movie “Pusher”. Watch the entire clip, you’ll thank me.