T Nation

2012 Presidential Debates

I don’t know where ZEB is, but my hat is in my hand. Romney murdered Obama in this debate. Even the ABC pundits are recognizing it.

Very well done, Mr. Romney. He did a devastating job of reminding people of Obama’s promises. Promised to cut the debt in half, doubled it. Promises on unemployment. Etc. Loved the exchange where Obama was pontificating on education spending and Romney reminded him of how many teachers he could’ve hired with the 90 billion he put in failed/failing green investments. Green investments attached to Obama’s contributors at that. What did Romney say? Something about Obama trying to pick winners and losers, but only managing to pick losers. Zing!

romney wins. bama looked tense and dull…//bama looked aggravated as if hes bothered by questioning…like im the prez. and ur not so dont bug me. bama needs promptor badly. arrogance loses here…lets go mitt.

cnn will praise bama no matter he says…sickening

I’m still pretty far behind, but did Obama just ask for the moderator to move on from the economy and then fucking blame bush and try and call himself Clinton?

wow

Bill Maher, Chris Mathews, Ed Schulz…not happy with Obama tonight, in their own words.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Zing![/quote]

Hahaha

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Bill Maher, Chris Mathews, Ed Schulz…not happy with Obama tonight, in their own words.[/quote]

Holy shit this must be a slaughter house.

I’m only at the part where Romeny was like: “You’ve had four years to solve this…” lawl

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Bill Maher, Chris Mathews, Ed Schulz…not happy with Obama tonight, in their own words.[/quote]

I’m only at the part where Romeny was like: “You’ve had four years to solve this…” lawl[/quote]
It was a crystal clear Romney win. The most decisive imho since Reagan Mondale.

Okay okay okay… Did romeny really just say this:

“Tax breaks for sending jobs overseas? Look I’ve been in Business for 25 years, and I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

fucking pwned.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

I’m only at the part where Romeny was like: “You’ve had four years to solve this…” lawl[/quote]

“what was Romney doing? He was WINNING!” - Chris Matthews

“i can’t believe i’m saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter” - Bill Maher

And I’m hearing the consensus on MSNBC is that Romney took this one.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

“what was Romney doing? He was WINNING!” - Chris Matthews

“i can’t believe i’m saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter” - Bill Maher

And I’m hearing the consensus on MSNBC is that Romney took this one.
[/quote]

Yeah this is too decisive a victory for any left news to say otherwise. The only spin availablt to MSNBC is to say “well, debates don’t swing elections anyway.” But for the most part the analysis has been pretty spot on I think.

My only hope is that the debate is so boring people won’t see how bad obama is doing – Peter Beinart

I don’t have a horse in this race, but Romney’s romping home a clear winner tonight. – Piers Morgan

This is now what liberals want… – Ed Schulz

There’s no real spin on this one, Romney won it. – Sloth

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
Yeah this is too decisive a victory for any left news to say otherwise.
[/quote]

Yeah, Romney was very well polished and prepared. Obama looked on the defensive, stammering for responses. I really didn’t expect it to be so decisive.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
One thing’s for sure. They both believe in big government. One just happens to believe in a bigger one.[/quote]

HAHA, spot on man, spot on.

First to Beans: http://www.ehow.com/list_6911600_tax-benefits-outsourcing.html
Also you can write off moving costs, even if it is overseas I believe.

I liked aspects of both candidates tonight: Romney was absolutely the superior debater. He took the opportunities that were presented and was very polished in his style and approach. On the other hand, Obama fell into the traps that were expected-long winded, academia centric, and he actually did not take advantage of opportunities that arose at all. On the other hand, I liked the way in which Obama laid out his plans better than I did Romney (I am a sucker for the professorial approach). I still feel unclear on what Romney’s plans are after this debate, which I do not like.

All things considered, Romney is the clear winner tonight. His approach and style will resonate more with the average voter more than a professorial explanation of policy. It will be interesting to see how polls move in response to this-I would expect (in the short term) to see a bump for Romney. This does give momentum to his campaign, which is the best that you could expect to see coming out of this debate if you are pro-Romney.

As an aside, I would love to hear the inner dialogue going on in the heads of the candidates during debates lol…

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/329374/liberals-dispair-vent-obamas-poor-performance-eliana-johnson

First time Maher has made me laugh.

“Obama made a lot of great points tonight. Unfortunately, most of them were for Romney.” – Bill Maher

“Good lord, Obama wouldn’t win a student council election against a chubby nerd with that closing argument.” – Vanity Fair tweet

Ha!

Mitt was smiling and looked like he was enjoying himself. Obama looked like he couldn’t wait to get outta there and he he did rather quickly. Romney was in charge even of Lehrer most of the night. Looked decisive, confident and presidential.

Christ Matthews absolutely losing it.

[quote]Sloth wrote:Christ Matthews absolutely losing it.[/quote]I guess the thrill has left his leg now. Or maybe it’s a pain in his other one.