2012 Olympia

[quote]redondo wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]TheGift wrote:
I reckon Kai will be close, but i think Phil will probably just edge him. Kai hasnt done any shows this year so far has he?[/quote]

No[/quote]

How is he in the O then? Don’t they have to take 1st in a qualifier to get in unless they’re Mr. O? Or is it a “once you’re in you’re in forever” type thing?[/quote]

Top 5 at the Olympia get an automatic Qualification for next years Olympia. Kai was third last year thus he qualifies. [/quote]

If i’m not wrong they changed the rules such that only top 3 automatically qualifies. Wolf had to do the arnold this yr coz he was 5th[/quote]

My mistake it was actually top 4 that qualify.

-top 4 in each division at previous years’ Olympia qualify for the next O
-top 3 in the Arnold qualify
-top 2 in the NY Pro qualify
-only the winner from every other IFBB pro show qualifies

Kai doesn’t have a chance in hell.

1. Phil is in his prime
  2. Branch/Wolf/Dex
    5.? Maybe Rockel?

Kai is the freakiest but he’s not as pretty as Phil. I think one drawback of Kai’s physique is his forearms and that is where Phil dominates.

Does anyone know if Roelly Winklaar is competing?

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
Kai doesn’t have a chance in hell.

1. Phil is in his prime
  2. Branch/Wolf/Dex
    5.? Maybe Rockel?[/quote]

DEXTER???

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]redondo wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Matthaeus wrote:

[quote]TheGift wrote:
I reckon Kai will be close, but i think Phil will probably just edge him. Kai hasnt done any shows this year so far has he?[/quote]

No[/quote]

How is he in the O then? Don’t they have to take 1st in a qualifier to get in unless they’re Mr. O? Or is it a “once you’re in you’re in forever” type thing?[/quote]

Top 5 at the Olympia get an automatic Qualification for next years Olympia. Kai was third last year thus he qualifies. [/quote]

If i’m not wrong they changed the rules such that only top 3 automatically qualifies. Wolf had to do the arnold this yr coz he was 5th[/quote]

My mistake it was actually top 4 that qualify.

-top 4 in each division at previous years’ Olympia qualify for the next O
-top 3 in the Arnold qualify
-top 2 in the NY Pro qualify
-only the winner from every other IFBB pro show qualifies[/quote]

And now I know thanks

1.Phil
2.Kai(if spot on)
3.Branch
4.Wolf
5.Evan

Hoping Curry comes in dry as hell and bigger legs, he could be lookin at top 8
and Roelly Winklaar im hoping does well

[quote]Bangerangg18 wrote:
1.Phil
2.Kai(if spot on)
3.Branch
4.Wolf
5.Evan

Hoping Curry comes in dry as hell and bigger legs, he could be lookin at top 8
and Roelly Winklaar im hoping does well[/quote]

Roelly has failed to qualify for the Olympia thus far. The only way he could qualify now is if he wins the Nordic Pro…

Which he won’t since Freeman and Hidetada are both doing the show and have beaten Roelly twice in the last two weeks. Throw a well rested Rockel into the mix and we can safely safe Roelly won’t be qualifying.

Also i guarantee you Brandon Curry won’t be doing well at the Olympia since not only has he failed to qualify he actually failed to earn himself a single point towards qualifying. You need to place top 5 at a pro show to earn any points towards qualifying for the Olympia which he hasn’t done this year.

Jason Huh is my favorite pro and he didn’t qualify which sucks but to be honest this new qualification system is really good. It has really forced some of the bigger names to compete more often and has exposed some of the guys who have been over hyped on the boards and magazines.

Everyone says Kai will win EVERY YEAR… then we hit Olympia weekend and everyone takes it back and acts all disappointed. Let’s be realistic. The Olympia is a fixed sports event. Weider and the boys aren’t going to take the title off Phil unless he comes in looking bad and someone else comes in looking immaculate. He’s the future and arguably their new face after his win last year. They’ve realised Cutler is done and now they need a new figure to head the image of the sport.

And it’s a shame that it’s rigged because bodybuilding has some really enthusiastic fans that legitimately care about the sport.

I was wondering who will make up positions 6 - 10 and only pak man and the X-man came to my mind. Did a simple google search and it shows all who have qualified thus far.

http://www.ifbbpro.com/2012-olympia-qualified-athletes/

Looks like JoJ might have a chance of cracking the top 10 this year?

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Everyone says Kai will win EVERY YEAR… then we hit Olympia weekend and everyone takes it back and acts all disappointed. Let’s be realistic. The Olympia is a fixed sports event. Weider and the boys aren’t going to take the title off Phil unless he comes in looking bad and someone else comes in looking immaculate. He’s the future and arguably their new face after his win last year. They’ve realised Cutler is done and now they need a new figure to head the image of the sport.

And it’s a shame that it’s rigged because bodybuilding has some really enthusiastic fans that legitimately care about the sport.[/quote]

Gotta disagree. I thought last years top5 was pretty spot on.

I will say though that outside factors do have to do with placement. Which is why i believe that Kai will never be Mr. Olympia(For Obvious reasons).

Heath Is only 32, in his prime, bigger, rounder, sharper than anyone else. And he has no scandals!

Oh shit i forgot about Juan Morel!

If Johnnie Jackson brought up his legs, he could do well

Kai Greene hasn’t won the Mr Olympia because he just hasn’t brought a total package that warranted it! It’s that simple.

The general thought that Kai won’t win the O because of his grapefruit scene is BS to me. If it didn’t stop him from winning the Arnold Classic twice (on one occasion beating Phil) why should it stop him from winning Mr Olympia?

IMO this year is his best opportunity with Jay out till 2013, the whole Jay vs Phil thing is out the way. Now we can focus much more on Kai vs Phil. If anybody can show Phil’s weaknesses it is Kai.

Top 6:
1st and 2nd - Phil/Kai
3rd and 4th - Wolf/Branch
5th and 6th - Roden/Evan

Beyeke/Jackson/Pak/Toney to fight for the last 4 if Pak and Tony qualify through points system

If Kai comes in shredded I think he’ll definitely be a challenging contender for championship. So far he has failed in that. Assuming Kai doesn’t surprise us, I’d go with:

1. Phil
  2. Kai
  3. Wolf
  4. Evan
  5. Branch (?)

I would love to see Ced and Johnnie Jackson push for top 10, but Ced’s not massive enough and JOJ’s not lean enough.

Y’know what? As long as everyone comes in such spectacular shape that fugly Branch Warren gets pushed back past 8th place, I don’t care who wins.

13 winners over 47 years… chances are Heath repeats unless he comes in looking like garbage.

Heath’s going to win lol :slight_smile:

my god looks like he’s puffed with air lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Y’know what? As long as everyone comes in such spectacular shape that fugly Branch Warren gets pushed back past 8th place, I don’t care who wins. [/quote]

In an ideal world Branch wouldn’t crack the top six…

alas it is not an ideal world he is a lock for top five…

I want Centopani to do well plz