2012 NFL Fantasy Football

it could happen~

I’m in again too. Wasn’t the buy in last year $30? We should pop it up to $50 to keep people interested and because this is the year I win.

Count me in again gents.

I’m in again. I plan to redeem myself.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

Most people don’t want to do it because they’ve never done it before.

.[/quote]

That, and it makes it a lot easier for me to do something stupid.

I am fine keeping the buy in $30. My gambling fund is paying for daycare for the next few years.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
RG3 obvi

j/k

I’d probably go with Rodgers.

I know I want to get my hands on either Gronk or Graham real quick.[/quote]

During the mocks I find myself when 7th, 8th or 9th pick picking Aaron Rogers then either Graham or Gronk. I don’t even pick up my 1st RB til the 3rd round. Am I crazy?

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
RG3 obvi

j/k

During the mocks I find myself when 7th, 8th or 9th pick picking Aaron Rogers then either Graham or Gronk. I don’t even pick up my 1st RB til the 3rd round. Am I crazy?[/quote]

The question should be have you ever won a league?

Definitely in. I have to settle the score with Countingbeans. Damn John Skelton…

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
RG3 obvi

j/k

During the mocks I find myself when 7th, 8th or 9th pick picking Aaron Rogers then either Graham or Gronk. I don’t even pick up my 1st RB til the 3rd round. Am I crazy?[/quote]

The question should be have you ever won a league? [/quote]

nope

[quote]farmerson12 wrote:
I have to settle the score with Countingbeans. [/quote]

PWNED

GOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOORNIIIIIIIIIIIIIING,

Damn it’s good to be back. Work, life, and the girlfriend have made it impossible to get over here on TN, but I had to get back for some FOOTBALL. No, let’s be honest, I had to get back to this group, and the epic collection of football fans that we have here.

I’ll be setting up the league and sending out invites later today, but wanted to gauge interest on how we want to set it up.

Anybody have strong feelings to move from ESPN? I’ll be sticking with ESPN unless that’s going to kill someone.

Life auction draft or snake? Snake is easier, but auctions are interesting.

Any other rule changes or thoughts? We could do IDP’s, but that get complicated.

Also, if you’re interested in joining, PM me with your email (I think that was already posted in the thread, but just wanted to shout it out again).

Glad to be back, and definitely looking forward to getting things going.

Looking over the thread, this is the current list of everyone who wants in. Please add your name if you want to join the action. The bigger, the better.

1. MattyXL
  2. Derek542
  3. redstar144
  4. bond james bond
  5. doogie
  6. countingbeans
  7. farmerson12
  8. WestCoast7

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
GOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOORNIIIIIIIIIIIIIING,

Damn it’s good to be back. Work, life, and the girlfriend have made it impossible to get over here on TN, but I had to get back for some FOOTBALL. No, let’s be honest, I had to get back to this group, and the epic collection of football fans that we have here.

I’ll be setting up the league and sending out invites later today, but wanted to gauge interest on how we want to set it up.

Anybody have strong feelings to move from ESPN? I’ll be sticking with ESPN unless that’s going to kill someone.

Life auction draft or snake? Snake is easier, but auctions are interesting.

Any other rule changes or thoughts? We could do IDP’s, but that get complicated.

Also, if you’re interested in joining, PM me with your email (I think that was already posted in the thread, but just wanted to shout it out again).

Glad to be back, and definitely looking forward to getting things going.[/quote]

Good to hear from you man. Cant wait to get started.

Ive done Yahoo Sports, NFL.com, CBS Sports, and ESPN fantasy setups in the past few years and I believe ESPN has the best one. But by no means do I demand we stick with it.

IDP would be interesting. I wouldnt care either way.

Id rather not do live auction yet. I may do a free auction league this year to get the jist of it before I lay money down.

Also, it was mentioned earlier but I would be curious if anyone would be interested in a keeper league. Of course that means that we would have to make sure we have members who will stick it out for the coming years. Just a thought.

Hey all!!

I was wondering if any of you had some general advice for someone new to fantasy. I played last year with a league full of friends (NFL league) and know the EXTREME basics, but I didn’t know what a waiver wire was until half way through the season :confused: .

I love watching football, but ultimately know very little about it other than the positions and some basic plays.

Is there any resources yall would recommend I use to start research? I want to DO WORK and prepare for our upcoming draft. I really want to be competitive this year!!

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate any time spent in response.

1. PB Andy

I would prefer a traditional snake draft and yahoo fantasy and no IDPs

I would also like to raise the fees to $50

GUYZZZ i got #1 in a keeper league with some real serious dudes who i dont know. I guess the names got pulled from a hat and my friends phone lit up with “your boy got #1”. Its a PPR but only .5 pts per. Im torn, im actually putting the pick up for trade if i can get a mid first and second pick i may do it. Im leaning towards R. Rice. Lesean mccoy scares me and arian foster does as well. Whatcha think?

Im also down for 50$ and snake draft. Dont forget to draft your kickers!!!

[quote]Bellmar wrote:
Hey all!!

I was wondering if any of you had some general advice for someone new to fantasy. I played last year with a league full of friends (NFL league) and know the EXTREME basics, but I didn’t know what a waiver wire was until half way through the season :confused: .

I love watching football, but ultimately know very little about it other than the positions and some basic plays.

Is there any resources yall would recommend I use to start research? I want to DO WORK and prepare for our upcoming draft. I really want to be competitive this year!!

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate any time spent in response.[/quote]

I would join our TN league, you have players that are very green to very experienced its fun and generally all teams are pretty active…

There are tons of sources for fantasy football 101 on the net, but the best thing to do is join a fun league for low money and be active, I dont recommend public leagues because alot of times they arent very active or serious.

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:
GUYZZZ i got #1 in a keeper league with some real serious dudes who i dont know. I guess the names got pulled from a hat and my friends phone lit up with “your boy got #1”. Its a PPR but only .5 pts per. Im torn, im actually putting the pick up for trade if i can get a mid first and second pick i may do it. Im leaning towards R. Rice. Lesean mccoy scares me and arian foster does as well. Whatcha think?

Im also down for 50$ and snake draft. Dont forget to draft your kickers!!! [/quote]

I dont think Rice will be available in the mid rounds…Calvin Johnson in a PPR league would be nice but in keeper league I doubt it as well, how many teams?

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:

Im also down for 50$ and snake draft. Dont forget to draft your kickers!!! [/quote]

I dont think Rice will be available in the mid rounds…Calvin Johnson in a PPR league would be nice but in keeper league I doubt it as well, how many teams?
[/quote]

Matty its a 12 team league. like i said it is PPR but only .5 PPR. I wouldnt take a WR #1 overall either i dont think. Rice is young enough where hed be a good keeper down the road, new contract, #1 back on a winning team, i dunno. Gotta see what kind of offers i get for the pick as well.