2012 IPF Classic Cup (Raw) World Championship Results

In case anybody is interested, here are the results to the big raw meet held in Sweden this weekend. There is also a link to the female results right around the same area. USA came in 2nd place, everything is in Kg of course

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/fileadmin/data/results/2012/World-Cup_Classic/Men/scoresheet_m.htm

So sad for tuscherer… He had that hamstring problem and as a result came 3rd. His training best was like 960kg so he was like 100kg down at the meet. Too bad. At any rate, some amazing lifting. Fedosienko never ceases to amaze me personally.

Kinda surprised that nobody in 74kg (my weight class) squatted over 501

[quote]arramzy wrote:
So sad for tuscherer… He had that hamstring problem and as a result came 3rd. His training best was like 960kg so he was like 100kg down at the meet. Too bad. At any rate, some amazing lifting. Fedosienko never ceases to amaze me personally.[/quote]

Did you catch any of the streaming?

I would say the ‘injury’ didn’t really hinder him - perhaps the squat slightly…he didn’t seem to hit his usual depth.

He failed all 3 squats on depth (only passed the final one by an over-rule) and was red lighted on a 362.5kg pull - I thought he’d gotten that one though!

I am definitely doing raw nats. I pulled 765 easy with just a belt on (and no chalk) at the EliteFTS seminar. That would have been the biggest deadlift if I am not mistaken.

[quote]Adam-F wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:
So sad for tuscherer… He had that hamstring problem and as a result came 3rd. His training best was like 960kg so he was like 100kg down at the meet. Too bad. At any rate, some amazing lifting. Fedosienko never ceases to amaze me personally.[/quote]

I would say the ‘injury’ didn’t really hinder him - perhaps the squat slightly…he didn’t seem to hit his usual depth.

He failed all 3 squats on depth (only passed the final one by an over-rule) and was red lighted on a 362.5kg pull - I thought he’d gotten that one though!
[/quote]

??? Didnt hinder him? he hit 2120 in the gym 30 days earlier and then totalled like 1900 at the meet… How did it not hinder him?

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
That would have been the biggest deadlift if I am not mistaken.[/quote]

Correct, I thought the 362.5 was a good lift to be honest, he attempted it again on the 3rd but didn’t get it past his knees.

Arramzy - yes I believe so - did watch it? The squats were easy, he didn’t seem to struggle in the slightest, but they struggled for depth - again with the pull 362.5, looked fairly comfortable, well as comfortable as that weight can be.

Did you watch any of it? I know he hit that training at home, I saw the vids. It’s just my opinion of course.

I am definitely doing raw nats. I pulled 765 easy with just a belt on (and no chalk) at the EliteFTS seminar. That would have been the biggest deadlift if I am not mistaken.[/quote]

Storm - you ever think about doing a 100% Raw meet? There are several in MD and VA each year. I can’t remember exactly what weight class you are in but 760 is the federation record for 308’s. Their meets are usually well run IMO. I am likely doing their big meet in Vegas this year in Oct.

Just a thought, wherever you go your deadlift will stand out

It’s possible to view/review all the days on this link:

http://styrkelyft.qrodo.tv/

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:

I am definitely doing raw nats. I pulled 765 easy with just a belt on (and no chalk) at the EliteFTS seminar. That would have been the biggest deadlift if I am not mistaken.[/quote]

Storm - you ever think about doing a 100% Raw meet? There are several in MD and VA each year. I can’t remember exactly what weight class you are in but 760 is the federation record for 308’s. Their meets are usually well run IMO. I am likely doing their big meet in Vegas this year in Oct.

Just a thought, wherever you go your deadlift will stand out[/quote]

I have a couple buddies that have competed and said the meets were run pretty well. I will definitely compete in it at some point. I have a lifetime goal of competing in every federation. haha.

I usually compete at 275 or SHW. I am down to 265 for Nationals right now.

Sumner Blaine is a beast. Did he ever get a shot at the NFL?

[quote]Adam-F wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

[/quote]

Did you get to see his attempts? I did not, I was wondering if he was cutting the depth or if they were being super strict. I know he used to have depth issues but it looked like on his training vids he was starting to sink them - what was your opinion?

Did you get to see his attempts? I did not, I was wondering if he was cutting the depth or if they were being super strict. I know he used to have depth issues but it looked like on his training vids he was starting to sink them - what was your opinion?[/quote]

Yes, I watched the whole thing - it was a great show!

His squats were tough to describe. I don’t think he was quite as deep as his training vids, although I certainly felt the 2nd and 3rd were to IPF depth. There were also a few squats that were passed that seemed a lot higher.

His 3rd squat also failed, but was over-ruled straight away - so I guess it was felt the judging was too harsh at that point?

Overall the judging was VERY strict. I thought his second deadlift was ok too, it was locked out - although with them all being live, you don’t get to see replays, so I am unsure on exactly what he was failed for.

[quote]Adam-F wrote:

Did you get to see his attempts? I did not, I was wondering if he was cutting the depth or if they were being super strict. I know he used to have depth issues but it looked like on his training vids he was starting to sink them - what was your opinion?[/quote]

Yes, I watched the whole thing - it was a great show!

His squats were tough to describe. I don’t think he was quite as deep as his training vids, although I certainly felt the 2nd and 3rd were to IPF depth. There were also a few squats that were passed that seemed a lot higher.

His 3rd squat also failed, but was over-ruled straight away - so I guess it was felt the judging was too harsh at that point?

Overall the judging was VERY strict. I thought his second deadlift was ok too, it was locked out - although with them all being live, you don’t get to see replays, so I am unsure on exactly what he was failed for.[/quote]
His second deadlift is at 153 minutes here
http://styrkelyft.qrodo.tv/index/30?eventid=2263
He didn’t straighten his legs at the end.

Aha! thanks for posting that - I take it that is a recording of the whole thing? I will re-watch later.

That’s from Sunday.

You can watch all days on the link I posted earlier in the thread.

The knee sleeves have to go. A SHW wearing woman’s extra small sleeves and getting 30+ pounds is not raw.

A 1683 total at the 205’s is what won?

Damn, I need to get a hell of a lot stronger ahahhaha

You mean to tell me that there’s a Russian walking around today who can bench press 350+ while weighing 125lbs???

[quote]krazylarry wrote:
The knee sleeves have to go. A SHW wearing woman’s extra small sleeves and getting 30+ pounds is not raw. [/quote]

I agree I prefer no knee sleeves if going raw, however I don’t think anybody is getting 30 lbs (or even 20 lbs) out of their knee sleeves unless there is a tennis ball jammed behind it, no matter how small the sleeve is