2012: End Times or The Next Y2K?

End times or the next Y2K?

Discuss.

A.D. or B.C.? Or for all your politically correct people: B.C.E or C.E.?

Well it wouldn’t be ‘another’ y2k because the original y2k was caused by the date only have 2 digit groupings for the year.

This caused massive problems for a lot of businesses because it was a giant pain in the ass to fix every single date variable.

Let’s see…what happens when a regular calendar ends? Oh yeah, it just starts over.

We’re dusted. Better hurry up on those PR’s you’ve been talking about for the last 10 years.

What a waste that people think of this shit…

I mean if people believe in an imaginary God who could blame them for believing in 2012

AMIRIGHT OR AMIRIGHT?

What a waste that people think of this shit…

its B.S. if the mayans were smart enough to predict the end of time, they would be smart enough to not go extinct.

same reason i dont take advice from skinny people in the gym.

[quote]micus wrote:
its B.S. if the mayans were smart enough to predict the end of time, they would be smart enough to not go extinct.

same reason i dont take advice from skinny people in the gym.[/quote]

EXACTLY what I have said about this.

I recall reading an article talking about “end of times” being BS mainly because the mayans were essentially like, “Hm, let’s go ahead and make a calendar system that doesn’t have to reset for a long, long time!” 2012 in that context represents a restarting of the cycle, which can be either interpreted as something awesome happening, or something catastrophic happening to wipe the slate clean.

'Course, from a pragmatic standpoint, it’s just some arbitrary restart button the mayans made up, just like how February sometimes ends on the 29th or the 28th. I can’t really see this theory holding any real water. Plus, I’m not mayan, so I can’t say it’s particularly applicable to me OH SNAP

An asteroid might coincidentally destroy earth in 2012, but i don’t believe it’s the end of the world. I Cannot read the future, so who knows.

Mayans made an error in decimal places which compounded over centuries making 2012 the wrong date and shifted it to a date long after our lifetime and the longevity of this site.

But seriously, it’s total bullshit, just another money making scam devised by Hollywood in the same strain of Nostrodamus (another horse that’s been flogged endlessly as well).

In other news, I read PS3 has some Y2K glitch in it, go figure, ha!

The question you should be asking yourself is how to take advantage of stupid people buying into this.

[quote]biglifter wrote:
We’re dusted. Better hurry up on those PR’s you’ve been talking about for the last 10 years.[/quote]

No kidding. I better start living it up, just in case!

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
The question you should be asking yourself is how to take advantage of stupid people buying into this.[/quote]
I like where your head’s at

[quote]MangoMan305 wrote:
I mean if people believe in an imaginary God who could blame them for believing in 2012

AMIRIGHT OR AMIRIGHT?[/quote]

LOL win.

End is Near = Furious Fapping

NASA would have seen an asteroid heading toward us by now. What is really amazing about the mayan calender is the fact that they predicted when all the planets in our solar system and our star line up with the center of the galaxy. I doubt its going to be the end of the world or anything. The whole age of Aquarius is utter nonsense. Astrology is garbage. What the people that made the astrological star maps don’t, didn’t, and fail to account for, is the wobble the Earth has on its axis.

What happens when everything lines up should be interesting because no one knows. IMO, I dont believe Hawkins radiation can get that far away from the black hole at the center of the Milky Way. We’re talking tens of thousands of light years way. So I don’t think there will be some death beam to destroy our solar system.

Moral of the story: The end of the world in 2012 is sensationalism and hype. Opportunists should look for a way to cash in on it cause most people fail to ask and search for why.

Even if it were to happen, it’s not like we can leave the planet.

Worry if you want, but it’s just a huge waste of energy and time.