2011 SPF Worlds Training Log

60 day Challenge

14 chins
14 reverse lunges
14 push ups
14 air squats

[quote]lil power wrote:
Ok Joe, no negative talk in here ! I will see you at Nats! If you need anything let me know. I’m probably lifting too, but women lift on Friday this year, so if you’re around I expect to meet you then. If you need knees wrapped I’ve been known to bruise a knee or two. My son will be lifting on Sat.

Zerchers, good job, have you thought about starting off a box ? and clasp you hands together during the lift will help stablize the “grip” too, but not that you looked like you had any problems there.

[/quote]

hey,

I’m going to start learning how to wrap my knees this week so that should be an experience as I’ve never used knee wraps before. I’m going to try and do some Zerchers from the box this week as well.

I bet the gripping hands does work. I haven’t had an issue with it yet but I can see how it would be a big help and I had been thinking about hos would handle the increased weights on those.

Hey I’m on day 14 of the 60 day challenge as well. Copy cat. Whats up with all the hot women on your thread? You’re a friggin’ babe magnet.

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
I’m going to start learning how to wrap my knees this week so that should be an experience as I’ve never used knee wraps before. [/quote]

If you do it right, you will get quite a gain in your numbers. That’s why I’ve never understand why certain feds consider wraps to be “raw.” But since you compete in such a fed, you’re at a serious disadvantage if you don’t take advantage of them. Good luck.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]JoeGood wrote:
I’m going to start learning how to wrap my knees this week so that should be an experience as I’ve never used knee wraps before. [/quote]

If you do it right, you will get quite a gain in your numbers. That’s why I’ve never understand why certain feds consider wraps to be “raw.” But since you compete in such a fed, you’re at a serious disadvantage if you don’t take advantage of them. Good luck.[/quote]

Is the gain really that much from wraps? As I said I’ve never worn them so its hard to imagine getting much out of them. I got nothing out of wearing knee sleeves.

I get 20lbs just out of my sleeves. Meat has written about how you can push your knees forward a teeny bit to get the wraps to ‘bite’. might want to bring it up to him. he wraps just to go to the bathroom

will talk to meat about it.

Wave 3-Cycle 2-Week 4-Day deload

deloading so no dips

CGB

8x135
8x185
4x205

BB Shrugs

12x135
12x225
12x315
10x365 (+2 rep PR)

V-bar pulldowns

12x160
12x180
10x200 (+1 rep PR)

DB Shoulder Press

8x55
8x60
6x65

Deload brought about zero motivation. I managed to get in and get it done but thats about it.

60 Day Challenge

15 chins
15 reverse lunges
15 push ups
15 air squats

I am verry close to blowing off this deload and starting the next cycle.

Do you deload after every cycle? I was doing that but have started deloading based more on feel than anything else. Deloads blow, I end up fighting myself at the gym when I need to deload.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Do you deload after every cycle? I was doing that but have started deloading based more on feel than anything else. Deloads blow, I end up fighting myself at the gym when I need to deload.[/quote]

I have been pretty good about following 5/3/1 as written but I skipped the last deload because I didn’t need it and due to some upcoming pesonal stuff it makes sense to do it again this time. My only concern is getting 2/3 of the way through this and regretting it.

Eh screw it, I can take a lot of punishment.

I kinda of liked what i did this past week/deload. Instead of using warmup weights, I just only went to the gym two days instead of 4. Combined the bench and mp day and the squat and dl day. The body rests a little more than it has been, and you still get to lift pretty heavy.

Cycle 3-Wave 3-Week 1-Day 2

Deads

5x195
5x225
10x255
3x275
3x315
1x355
1x375
1x315
3x275
5x225
5x195

Standing EZ Curls

14x80
13x90
6x100

I did not go buy tigher pants and I regret it. It must happen this weekend.

1x355

1x375* ugly

I don’t get any gain other than psychological out of sleeves. But I get a decided gain out of wraps. I’ve seen Meat’s vid of how he wraps his knees. And it’s pretty mellow in terms of tightness compared to my wraps.

Wear shorts! I don’t know how you guys DL in those baggy sweatpants! That extra friction would drive me batty.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I don’t get any gain other than psychological out of sleeves. But I get a decided gain out of wraps. I’ve seen Meat’s vid of how he wraps his knees. And it’s pretty mellow in terms of tightness compared to my wraps.

Wear shorts! I don’t know how you guys DL in those baggy sweatpants! That extra friction would drive me batty.[/quote]

Don’t the bars chew up your thighs?

[quote]JoeGood wrote:

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

Wear shorts! I don’t know how you guys DL in those baggy sweatpants! That extra friction would drive me batty.[/quote]

Don’t the bars chew up your thighs?[/quote]

I knew that extra padding was good for something!

To start, good lifting,… If I did that much DL volume, I wouldn’t be able to stand right for a week, from the back cramps.

But, I can’t believe someone who would go off to war and come home with huge bruises and such, and a possible concussion if he got unlucky, would balk at scraping a bit of skin off the legs.

I am kinda looking forward to my DL day this week, to see what the shins look like afterwards.

[quote]Ogre21793 wrote:
To start, good lifting,… If I did that much DL volume, I wouldn’t be able to stand right for a week, from the back cramps.

But, I can’t believe someone who would go off to war and come home with huge bruises and such, and a possible concussion if he got unlucky, would balk at scraping a bit of skin off the legs.

I am kinda looking forward to my DL day this week, to see what the shins look like afterwards.[/quote]

Its more that the scraping distracts me when I’m lifting and throws off my form, and my form is not so great to begin with. Maybe I’ll just start wearing my freaking singlet for DL’s.

Joe, try kneehigh socks too, they are supposed to be enforcing that rule in the SPF also, so you could just get use to it now. How about compression shorts under a pair of reg. shorts?

Will the gym allow allow a little baby powder? My does as long as I clean up afterwards.

That was a good fight on that 375. Good work.

Nice pullin’ Joe, especially after the volume portion.