2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Red Wings!

Rico I like your predictions, all except for LA beating Vancouver.

When the Kings play Canadian Teams especially the Canucks, Staples turns at least 50-50. Lots of Canadians living in LA I guess. Luongo is much better in crease than Quick too.

I mean, I hope the Kings advance, but I don’t see it happening. Everyone is pumped that they’re even in the playoffs.

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

I am a huge San Jose Sharks fan, and am expecting an appearance in the Cup finals at the very least. I think our top line of Thornton, Marleau, and Heatley is the best in the league. Hopefully we can get past the first round without a problem this year.

[/quote]

Yes, hell ya go sharks!
Hope they don’t get upset like last time though…[/quote]

It’s all up to Nabby, he needs to step it up when it counts, instead of fading into the background like he has in the past.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

When the Kings play Canadian Teams especially the Canucks, Staples turns at least 50-50. Lots of Canadians living in LA I guess. Luongo is much better in crease than Quick too.

I mean, I hope the Kings advance, but I don’t see it happening. Everyone is pumped that they’re even in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Yeah, theres definitely a few toss ups. LA has been doing well as of late and if they have a decent goalie outing I think they’ll fair well. I’m banking on Luongo shitting the bed like has he has been and LA taking advantage. I love this time of year!

The Sharks also have crazy eyes on their side. A nasty slap shot + googly eyes = GOAL

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, theres definitely a few toss ups. LA has been doing well as of late and if they have a decent goalie outing I think they’ll fair well. I’m banking on Luongo shitting the bed like has he has been and LA taking advantage. I love this time of year![/quote]

Man I sure as shit hope so. Let people in LA know there’s more than the Lakers in town.

I don’t live in LA, btw, close enough to get to some games though. These are the seats we usually get, this one vs. the Canucks earlier in the fall. If we don’t get to the game a strong two hours early we have to kick Canadians out of our seats since they’re leaning over the glass trying to get autographs, sticks, napkins with ball sweat, you name it. And, there’s nothing worse than leaving your home building and getting hooted on by the opposing fanbase, and Canuck/Flame fans are champion rub-it-inners.

Great time of year though, it’s goona be good.

While we’re waiting for Wednesday, what is your best and worced memories from playoffs past? Best for me, would have to be the first cup for the Wings in my lifetime in 97. The worced would be last year game 7, at home against the Penguins…that still hurts. So hopefully this year will make up for it.

Really excited for the playoffs this year…except knowing that my Habs wont be getting too far. But i’ve made my peace with that. I’m secretly rooting for the Hawks this year.

[quote]UtahIron wrote:
While we’re waiting for Wednesday, what is your best and worced memories from playoffs past? Best for me, would have to be the first cup for the Wings in my lifetime in 97. The worced would be last year game 7, at home against the Penguins…that still hurts. So hopefully this year will make up for it.[/quote]

Worst? Wings losing to San Jose in '94 quarterfinals.
Best? Wings beating San Jose in '95.

Of course the Avalanche Rivalry trumped the battles with San Jose to a degree, but I remember frothing at the mouth during those series too. Maybe because they were an expansion team and their colors were so stupid, como the Florida Marlins. They could skate though.

Ozilinsh, Larionov, Irbe… Those guys were good.

My worst memory of life was watching the final Hartford Whalers home game. :cry:

Best: Game 7 round 1 Ottawa vs NJ in… 98?/ Alfie goal against buffalo game 5 in 07 to go to the finals.
Worst: Game 7 round 3 vs NJ in 2004

If the final is Detroit versus Pittsburg I will arson everything.
Also I think if this happens every hockey fan outside of Detroit and Pittsburg will be arguably classified as clinically insane: repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Although I don’t hope for it… Seeing Chicago play Pittsburgh in the finals and watching Hossa lose in game 7 would be prettttty wicked.

Another best would be March 26th, 1997. Darren McCarty goes off on Claud Lemuix and Vernon tangles with Roy. The Wings went on to win that game in overtime.

Definitely excited… Go Sabres! Barring an injury to the best goalie in the league (Ryan Miller), they should make it all the way to the Caps.

worst experience at a hockey game: Williams College v. SUNY Plattsburgh.

Err, that would be great if that was the playoffs…got carried away, I guess.

Delete.

Oh, duh, Game 7, 02 Western conference finals. Wings violate Colorado 7-0. Then Carolina had to go and ruin my Detroit v Toronto finals.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
Although I don’t hope for it… Seeing Chicago play Pittsburgh in the finals and watching Hossa lose in game 7 would be prettttty wicked.[/quote]

I think Hossa would spontaneously explode if that happened.

Worst Playoff Moment? Losing to the Ducks in the first round of the playoffs last year, and then having finals week on top of it. Not cool.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
CAPS CAPS CAPS![/quote]

[quote]dnky67 wrote:
Definitely excited… Go Bruins! Barring an injury to the best goalie in the league (Tuukka Rask), they should make it all the way to the Caps. [/quote]

fixed :wink:

bumpin -
one more sleep…can’t fucking wait for this to get underway.